Notices

not sure I am in the right place?

Old 04-29-2003, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

not sure I am in the right place?

my husband says he is NOT an alcoholic,he may be right but from what I can see he is, he will drink a gallon and a half of Vodka a week,when I tell him he is drinking too much he tells me he can stop anytime, and he doesn't drink in front of me,but he hides it in different places all over the house and even out side.
I would also like to know if he did quit would he have withdrawl? if he did what would I look for? I really don't know how to handle this if anyone can be of help to me I would be very grateful
Old 04-29-2003, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Hi Regal, and welcome to SoberRecovery! You are in the right place regarding questions about alcoholism, but you may want to head over to the Al-Anon Boards where you will meet hundreds of women just like yourself. It's usually best to hear from people who have gone through what you are going through, and you will find that there...
Old 04-29-2003, 07:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

thank you Jon for the help !I have been there and I have found other like me, sad but true!
Old 04-30-2003, 10:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Regal,welcome to the forums.

Denial can render treatment of the disease of alcoholism virtually impossible.As long as your spouse is in the denial stage of his condition there is very little you or anyone can do.

You could try obtaining some of the recovery literature from Alcoholics Anonymous and leave it on his desk and hope that he reads some of it but the only person you can really help right now is yourself.

Al anon is a good place to find support during these times and it may be a good idea for you to draw close to these people.

Peter.