Notices

25 years!!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

25 years!!!!

Well at my Sunday morning meeting Big T picked up his 25 year chip and his brother was the speaker at the meeting, he had 17 years. Great speaker and a story that was fantastic, every piece of it tied how he was, how he recovered, and how it is now for him. Both Big T and his brother stated that they did it one day at a time and no more.

They also announced that another gentlemen in the area would be picking up a 46 year chip soon!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Sounds like you have a good group to gather info from.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

At my AA meeting, there was a man who has 27 years of sobriety. We've got a loooong way to go.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Amazing and good inspiration for others. I have no doubt you'll be reaching those milestones yourself Taz ... one day at a time sure does add up.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

At my AA meeting, there was a man who has 27 years of sobriety. We've got a loooong way to go.
Actually we don't hush, talk to an old timer, they are just like you and I and will tell you so, they still do it one day at a time, they just have more experience at it! LOL

The best one I ever heard a friend of mine who has 3 years told me when he was just a few months sober, he asked a guy who had just picked up a (I think) 17 year chip "How did you do it?" The guy answered him with a question "What time did you get up this morning?" he answered "6AM", the guy told him "Well you have 1 1/2 hours more then I do, I woke up at 7:30!"
Old 03-13-2007, 11:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Taz,
My home group the "lead" guy has only 13 years. Perhaps my group just isn't as good as yours?? How often does "Big T" come around to meetings to "help" newcomers or perhaps he just comes every now and then to collect his sobriety chips? Celebrating sobriety time is suppose to be about showing the newcomer that it's possible BUT it's usually not the case. I see it as some old timer who likes to show off and "give suggestions."
Old 03-14-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Tib, man you really are eat up with the resentment thing aren't you?

Big T happens to be the sponsor of a 15 year old young man who just picked up his 3 month chip last week. He attends meetings every day almost, he also handles several prison AA out reach programs. You know length of sobriety does not stop someone with working with others.

Length of HONEST REAL sobriety really means little to those that are really sober, what matters is the quality of the sobriety, I know one guy who has 21 years and is miserable.... why? He has been unable to get past step three.

Tib you really need to look at the posotive side of life rather then the alcoholics side of pointing fingers at every one in the world for your problems except your self.

Tib do you trust liars?

Do you trust your self?

Tib I do care about you, I know you think I am treating you badly, but I am not, all I am trying to do is have you look in the mirror for the issues instead of looking out the window for someone else to blame.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Tib, the guy has a point you know. You do seem a little provocative lately.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

^^^you also know that you can start your own meetings.
All it takes is two alki willing to share. You seem to know it all already.
In stead of commplaining about AA, why don't you start an AA meeting
in your own home ,make your own cake, and share your ESH there.
Take avantage of what AA has to offer you.