Notices

new realizations

Old 02-11-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new realizations

It is amazing the things realized once sober. I found out that I had taken three days vacation because I was too drunk to get up and go to work. Only one of those three days were a Monday. I was looking over my vacation report and at first did not know why I took those days. I finally remembered the when and why. It is pretty sad.
One of the reasons my truck repair is being delayed is because the steering wheel was pushed in. It was not bent to the side so they did not notice until they went to put the airbag in. I hit so hard that it evenly pushed the whole thing in.
These things serve as reminders as to why I can not drink. This goes beyond finding out you did something embarrassing the night before while drunk. I could have left my wife a widow and my three children without a father. I could have lost a job I've held for forteen years.
If you are an alcoholic and you think you can drink in moderation you are dead wrong. It is only a matter of time before things go bad. It took decades before something of this magnitude happened to me but it did.
For an alcoholic the only choice is to stop drinking to start living. Sobriety leads to a new life, drinking only leads to death.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing your powerful true message!

In AA we often call your recent revelations
"wearing a new pair of glasses" *Grin*

Blessings
Old 02-11-2007, 10:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A moment of clarity ! Also known as an "Aha".

I remember in early sobriety, getting these so frequently I was asking God to quit revealing things to me. It was overwhelming.