Notices

I'm still here & this is a long update..

Old 02-11-2007, 05:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm still here & this is a long update..

I just wanted to check in, because it's been awhile. Where to begin?

It's early..I'm a little tired. Things are good. I'm still not drinking.

Things have changed so much. I started my own business on the first of this year. Things are really working out. I'm making good money. I still have a way to go. But, I'm working hard and keeping my eyes on the prize. I'm very proud.

I'm still haunted by my mistakes. And, I'm dealing with my self-worth issues as a result. It gets easier as the time goes.

My S.O. got laid off right before Christmas. He's had work here and there..(contractor) But, nothing solid. It's been really hard on us. I can tell he's depressed and not dealing. He's a pain in the ass! lol But, I love him. He's always been here for me. So, I have faith in him and I'm doing my best to be supportive. But, he's really sinking. He's turned into one of those 'video game guys'.. He's avoiding life and I don't know how to help him. Fortunately for me, he's doing this at a time when I'm strong. I think maybe that's part of the problem.. Maybe he's one of these people that is strongest when they feel needed. (maybe i need to be a little less altruistic and kick his ass a little) lol But, it seems counterintuitive to tear someone down while trying to build them up. I dunno'.

I try not to get too pissed off about the daily inconveniences of our voluntary co-existence..lol But, it's tough when only one person is pulling the weight.

It's okay.. Resolve! Stay the course! Axis of evil! etc. LOL (god I'm such a freak)

Anyway...

I just wanted to come and type my thoughts. Sorry it's turned into an S.O. rant. That's so lame.

Besides that drama, things are going so good. I made a decision to follow my bliss and everything has fallen into place. It's really great to be your own boss. But, it's not all peaches and cream. When you have your own business, I've learned.. you don't get to just clock out! My work day ends when I fall asleep..lol I think a lot of new businesses fail because people don't realize the amount of work that it takes. (that's the theory anyway) You have to be flexible, be comfortable flying by the seat of your pants, and learn as you go. And their are mistakes-o-plenty to bounce back from. It's an incredible journey that I'm on. I'm doing something I really love (working with dogs of course) and I'm happy to deal with the ups and downs. I feel privileged to have this kind of 'stress'.

Even with all the ups and downs, my life is so much better without the drinking. I would NEVER have been able to do the great work I'm doing while drinking. I'm learning a lot. It's been 8 months you guys! (i can't even believe it) There is a really good person in here, that's finally been given a chance. And is now finally allowed to grow and flourish. How did I forget her?

OKAY!!! That was long as hell y'all! I'm sorry..LOL Thanks for reading this far, you are awesome! Lemme' just hop off my soapbox and head home..

love, Moni
Old 02-11-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dragon76

My turn on the soapbox! Been sober 21 days and its been rough! What are you doin with dogs? Im a vet tech so curious. Congrats on 8 months!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by wandergrrl777 View Post
I'm still haunted by my mistakes.
Most of us are. We all tend to be chronic human beings. Hang in there.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wow! Glad you checked in...and are moving onward!
Old 02-11-2007, 10:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Wander ! Welcome back.

I too just started my own business. I've found that if if I'm not working on a project for someone, I'm marketing the business/looking for work. Yes, it's a lot of work.

Congrats on your 8 months, that is great.