Notices

two weeks complete

Old 02-08-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

two weeks complete

Yesterday made two weeks sober for me. The good times are much more than the bad. I still have those times of slight temptation. Some time I have to battle anger issues. I've noticed that I have made a few little mistakes on the job not anything that could not be fixed. On the positive side I'm sleeping better. I feel much better physically,emotionally, and mentally. I'm enjoying the things in life that are important like time with my wife and children. I wakeup and feel like getting up and starting a new day. I am finding it a lot easier to have a positive attitude about everyday life issues. All in all life is so much better sober.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 18 for me -ditto on everything you said! Keep up the good work.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy for you TK. I'm lovin' life sober at almost 2 months....and it will be freaking amazing when I quit crying all over it.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all three of you! Keep moving forward. It gets better all the time!
Old 02-08-2007, 10:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats !

You've just scratched the surface. It really starts to get better with more sobriety.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks. Reading that is really motivating for me and I feel like I can't wait to say the same thing about myself.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Congrats!!

You owe it to yourself to get some good quality and quantity sober time.. Nothing wrong with cooling your jets! It's a waiting game of sorts but if you can just wait it out the cravings will stop and you'll be seeing life through clearer eyes. It's a battle between you and your demons. You can win! Everyone here has demons of some sort or another and having the courage to change your life is paramount and will never EVER prove to be a waste of your precious time.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nice work tkdan !!! Keep it up !!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
One day at a time, TK. If I could do it, anyone can. Congrats on two weeks!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Tkdan good job brother, keep on keeping on. Congrats to everyone.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well I'm on Day one! Guess we have to start somewhere.
Good Job TKdan!!! I pray in two weeks I'll be able to say it's been two weeks and it will be 4 for you!!!

I go on and off up and down the dunes of the desert of life. I get to the top of the dune and see the promise land just over the next dune, but can't get there. Just keep going up and down!!! I know sobiety or the promise land isn't far away, but but I just can't make it.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

When something makes us angry its human nature to look for the outside cause of the anger and squeeze it by the throat until it no longer is pissing us off. We have to look at the true cause of the anger, its us.

No one can make us feel anger, sadness, inferior, etc. unless we allow it. The cause of anger isn't the wife, the kids, the jerk at work, "it's us. We're the only ones who can control how we feel. We can't control anyone on this planet but us.

I think of myself like a big yellow bus. As long as I'm driving my bus I go where I want, do what I want, feel what I want. But the minute I let the passengers take turns driving my bus then I have to sit in a passenger seat and go for the ride. I go where they want to take me. I have no control then.

People use to have to walk on eggshells around me. I'd snap in a heartbeat. I was twice the child of hell. The Man Upstairs changed me in an instant. I was immersed in a love and peace that no human can give. In a matter of 5 seconds he showed me my life to that point, forgave me, said "it's over" and I'm with you now. All in a very loving way. At that moment I was reincarnated without death. I had no past. I had been asking him to take away my alcohlism all my life. I found out something. He's not on my time, I'm on his.Good luck