Notices

It's Friday and I don't feel as strong!

Old 04-11-2003, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's Friday and I don't feel as strong!

The sun is out. I just mowed the yard planted flowers and put my kids down for a nap. A beer sure sounds good. My husband just left for the weekend to go dirt bike riding and my neighbor girl asked if she could babysit. Wow, this is really hard. I would love to go tie one on tonight, but I know I will be so mad at myself tomorrow. It's been a long week and a nice cold beer sounds like a great way to top it off. What else can I do to get through the weekend??? What do people who don't drink do? Go to movies, eat out???? Help!!!
Old 04-11-2003, 03:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Kristen

Thats one of the benefits of being in A.A., and being sober, there are so many people to do things with, and now I am sober and enjoying lots of thing I havnt done before.

I have plans to meet a friend for dinner then go to a meeting, then probably get together for coffee with some friends after the meeting,

This has been working for me, I have met a lot of active people in A.A.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Kristin,
Plan ahead. If you know you're going to have some time on your hands, make some calls and schedule going out with some people in the program. Hit a meeting, go out to dinner. Hell you can do anything you did when you were drinking except do it with people who are safe to be with and doesn't involve drinking.
What's that saying about idle minds being the devils workshop??
Old 04-12-2003, 04:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

You really need to ask yourself,do I want to quit drinking for good and for all,forever?And ,am I willing to go to any length to do so?
The answer to these two question are the ones that need answering and You are the only one who can answer them.If you can answer yes to those two questions-then you are ready to take ceartain steps.The twelve steps.As a matter of fact if you will thoroughly follow our path{the twelve step program of recovery}you can recover.And remember ,never let anyone read your Big Book for you!
Good Luck and God Bless
Old 04-12-2003, 08:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

7 days sober and feeling great

I couldn't have made it this far without all the support. I really want to thank everyone for writing me. It makes me feel stronger knowing I have to report back the next day. For some reason I couldn't make it past day 4 in months and I was really nervous about it being Friday last night, but here it is Saturday and I feel great other than a little graugy (sp) from going to bed so early. I know it probably going to keep getting harder, but I will be sure to get on and write if I need to.

Kristin
Old 04-12-2003, 03:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Kristin,
Ya know something? Everyone that's replied to your post so far, I'll bet has been right where you're at.
We've all given you suggestions that we've either heard from others or have worked for us.
I for one, can tell you that it may seem hard right now but I'll guarantee that if you do what you're told (suggested) to do, in time things will get a lot easier than going back out and continuing to drink.
Just give AA a chance and get to know some people and tag along. Don't dwell on the past. Deal with it. Start making some changes and before you know it, drinking will be a part of your past, not part of you present or future.
Take care and stay in touch.
Old 04-12-2003, 03:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

I would strongly suggest you find a recovered alcoholic at one of these meetings and ask them to take you through the steps,but only if you want to quit drinking for good and for all,and are willing to go to any lengths to do so,otherwise you waste two peoples time,and one of those people could be helping someone who really wants it.The only requirement for membership may be a desire not to drink,but there are alot more for one to recover.
This is life and death if you be a real alcoholic. So Remember

NEVER LET ANYONE READ YOUR BIG BOOK FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!