Notices

unexpected two days

Old 10-19-2006, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

unexpected two days

Well, since my summer attempt to "prepare" for my girl moving in and my first attempt at a good professional job in a while...I started back up are returned to the 8 or so a day habit that I have. When the girl came it went down to something more managable like 3-4 (in view) and 2 (snuck) so in the six area. But I travel a lot now and that makes it easy to stay drunk for a week with no one figuring it out.

Fast forward to this week when a) my boss is loading me up with responsibilities that I can never rise to like this...I am drunk 12 hours a day, foggy all the time, not in control of emotions, riddled with anxiety, etc....and b) I woke up two mornings ago remebering so little of a fight that I had with the girl that I did not know what to expect that day, I know she cried but not much else (no I am not violent)...anyway the guilt was overwhelming.

I have not had a drink since...I kicked so much butt at work yesterday, catching up on my personal life too...thought for a minute about a celebratory drink last night but I think I understand now the doom that lies ahead on that path. I couple of lives are going down the drain if I don't get a grip. I slept like a baby for the second night in a row and am fired up for another great day.

I think that is the only positive thing about my personal progression...when I was younger, on a day I didnt' drink I could not sleep, now my body is so messed up it embraces the break and I sleep better than ever.

I think I need to seek out a therapist again...to make sure this sticks...the one I had a few years back was great for me...but I was a loner then and did not see the value in sticking with it.

Anyway...happy Thursday everyone...wish me luck (or sobriety ;-)

-wec
Old 10-19-2006, 06:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you here again!

I think I need to seek out a therapist again..
Why not add AA to this idea?

Take care..
Old 10-19-2006, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There's so much help available out there now - AA, SmartRecovery type stuff(non AA), online treatment or counselling. Why not try the therapist you were with before?

Most alcoholics end up as loners eventually of course - starting off as the life and soul of the party, but eventually not wanting to face anyone. Reaching out is difficult, but that's what will get you through it. You're doing that here though, so well done and good luck with it - there's always someone on here who'll give you some time.