Notices

Hey. A question for all you alcoholics.

Old 06-28-2020, 09:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
skg

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
So even in negative moods, when nothing seems to please me, i know everything's going to be okay.
Bingo.
Someone long ago said of going through the storms of life: "It seems like we are either coming out of a storm or coming into one. It'll be okay when it's over, and if it isn't okay, it isn't over." Acceptance doesn't mean approval, but it does allow me to move on, and under the care of God as I understand Him, it also means that I'll be cared for and cared about. "I know the plans I have for you," He says...
Peace...
Stay SOBAH!!!
Old 06-29-2020, 05:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=awuh1;7468097]I think you might really appreciate this. It's a letter from someone that the first person in AA said said was "first link in the chain of events that started AA". It's easily the most meaningful one page letter I have ever seen. There is far more to it than initially meets the eye.

Awuh, Thank you. It was great to read that letter again. It's and amazing one. Dr. Jung knew what he was talking about! It's VERy interesting that he says that without the "wall of community" or another protection, we are left to the evil in this world. How true that is.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Obviously I've found it most important to seek peace, serenity through conscious contact with a Higher Power (that feels SO good... esp during certain moments)... and overall when we start feeling better.

Second is service. Speaking at meetings or helping others one on one and seeing them happier makes me SO happy.

So those things are first.

I can't ever forget that.

The other things are my things, that God gave me in my experience in this life. I like playing music. I love to sing. Those are my personal additional things He gave me. We all have something like that.
xo
Old 07-11-2020, 11:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sarah, I am making a lot of progress in my recovery by turning my life over to my Higher Power and taking the actions of love. Think of what you can do to make someone's life a little easier, help another person, or do a loving act. It is the most powerful thing I have found to fight my addiction.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by timi0000 View Post
Sarah, I am making a lot of progress in my recovery by turning my life over to my Higher Power and taking the actions of love. Think of what you can do to make someone's life a little easier, help another person, or do a loving act. It is the most powerful thing I have found to fight my addiction.
I agree with that too. I've learned that recovery isn't black and white; it's both things. a lot of things.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I have found in my 2 years and 3 months of sobriety that happiness is an inside job. I have up and down days but I do actually feel happy alot of the time something I rarely did when I was drinking. I thought drinking made me happy!! Ha!!

Working my programme , becoming less interested in self and more interested in others, prayer, , spending time with my friends and family and my beautiful daughter , hearing her laugh and knowing I am 100% present for her today, looking after myself (eating well, exercise, self care) looking after my guinea pigs, getting out of self and helping others and GRATITUDE. I was dead inside when I was drinking, now I am awake and my eyes are open. A cup of tea in the garden in the early morning, hangover free and refreshed from a good nights sleep, listening to the birds sing (I hated the damn things on a night after drinking chirping happily away I wanted to shoot them all) taking a walk and breathing in the fresh air , feeling the sun on my face, sitting on the beach (I live in the South of England , 10 mins from the sea) and breathing in the salty air, curling up on the sofa with my daughter and watching a movie with popcorn not wine (and remembering the movie the next day!) , riding my bike, rollerblading with my daughter, yoga, sitting in the park with friends watching our kids play, The list goes on and on ....

Some days I am bursting with happiness, some days I am sad, someday I can be emotionally disturbed, some days I can feel low but not the mind crippling depression j had whilst drinking or in those early weeks and months of sobriety. I know those feelings and emotions will pass and I share them with my AA fellows and my support group here on SR.

Although my primary purpose is to stay sober, today it isn't really so much about the alcohol, my goal is emotional sobriety and as I work my programme on a daily basis happiness seems to be a by product that I am experiencing and that makes me, well, happy 🤗🤗🤗🤗