Notices

Hi Eveyone

Old 09-22-2004, 06:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Eveyone

Just wanted to let you know I'm still hanging in there. I'm also pleased to read all the posts of others working at recovery. I just hit 16 months and things are going well. I'm really excited about one of the benifits of being sober. I'm going to Sarasota Fl. I will be spending time with my son and grandchildren. My wife and I are going to spend 10 days. I'm a little nervous, this will be the longest time I've spent with them. We have only been back in each others life for about 5 years. When he was young I was drinking and never could afford a good vacation. With all the support from friends like you, God has given me another chance. I'm going to take them to Disney World for a few days. I am going to hit some meetings down there. Any ideas? That will be one of my first calls. I must remember that in 87 I picked up at Disney on my Honeymoon after 5 years. That will not happen. I'd like to say it is like a dream come true but, when I was drinking I gave up on dreams. The thought of walking with my son and grandchildren in a place were dreams are possible is almost too much. My son and I are going to go to a baseball game together. For those that are just starting, and even those that have been around, I to tell you that without alcohol dreams are possible. Just 16 months ago my son was considering removing my grandchildren from my life. He didn't want them to get close to me and then have to tell them alcohol killed me. I didn't see either of my sons for close to 15 years. One, I still have no contact with. There is hope without alcohol.
Have a great night. Don W
Old 09-22-2004, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

THANKS FOR SHARING THAT DON.
I CAN'T WAIT TO REBUILD MY TORN RELASHONSHIPS.
STAYING SOBER AND CHANGING MY THINKING
I MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO THAT.
HAVE A GREAT TIME AND ENJOY YOUR FAMILY
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS....ted
Old 09-23-2004, 01:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Relax and have a great time Don! If you're working a strong program, you won't pick up.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Don,

For those that are just starting, and even those that have been around, I to tell you that without alcohol dreams are possible
What beautiful way to put it. I'm just up,starting my day and already it just got a little bit
better thanks to your ES&H. Enjoy the baseball game with your son, enjoy the time
with your grandchildren and Jah Bless.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words. I've already got the phone number of the Central Service in Sarasota. I'll be calling when I get there for sure. I have to really put that relax suggestion into practice. There is like an emotional tug of war going on in my head. Stuff like, I'm happy, I'm afraid, I'm gratefull. What is going to go wrong, I've worked hard and deserve this. Why has God choosen me for such a wonderful blessing. Maybe, this is just a stage at 16 months. I'm going to the VA in morning for my treatment early. They have a relaxation class I want to attend. They get into breathing etc. Have any of you caught your self getting uptight for no reason? Like when I'm on the Bus holding on. I look and my fingers are white because I'm holding so tight. Or, I have trouble remember to breath and get out of breath. Even posting this I can feel myself holding my breath while typing. Funny how living is a whole body sport. Don W
Old 09-24-2004, 11:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Congradulations on 16 months Don

Try to enjoy yourself. I'm glad you are going to contact the Sarasota Central Service.

You ask...
Have any of you caught your self getting uptight for no reason?
All the time. I'm a big worrier and it takes constant vigilance to NOT worry. But that's just me.

Funny how living is a whole body sport.
LOL Good quote, Don.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah Don,
Nice to hear of another sober steering wheel strangler. I've been sober eight years (all of it in good-old Brighton,MA) and I still find myself trying to squeeze the juice or something out of the wheel. One more thing - God has chosen you for this wonderful blessing because you deserve it. keep doing the nest right thing, and maybe I'll see you around the salt mines. Mikel - Allston, MA 02134