Notices

As Bill See's It....

Old 09-21-2004, 03:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

As Bill See's It....

Resolving Fear

The Problem Of Resolving Fear Has Two Aspects.
We Shall Have To Try For All The Freedom From Fear
That Is Possible For Us To Attain.
Then We Shall Need To Find Both The Courage
And The Grace To Deal Constructively With Whatever Fear Remains.

From Grapevine 1962
Old 09-21-2004, 04:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

And The Grace To Deal Constructively With Whatever Fear Remains.

I learned from a codie on these boards that the antidote to fear is faith.
I believe that to be absolutely true today. Because of faith in a power greater than myself, I'm able to deal with the circumstances of my life with grace and honor.
Thanks Ted.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((((((Ted ))))))))
Thanks for posting from AA Literature. ABSI is another of my favorite pieces of literature. The Fear List in Step Four was a real wake up call for me. Need to take an honest look at those items that remain on the list and ask God for more help from the looks of it again soon. We just picked up a new(1999) car for my 17 year old Son. Please keep me on your Prayer List's if at all possible.

(((((((((SR A-Z)))))))))
Three Legs
:tri
Old 09-21-2004, 06:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

(((3 LEGS))) TEENAGE
Old 09-21-2004, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well FAITH is the way to conjor all Fears. I remember when i was to scared to move in fear that whatever i said or did would give people the right to say anything about me. i didnt know how to move forward in recovery without things being used against me later on so i had to put my faith that what was said in a meeting stayed in the meeting and then i found HOPE in life again... so for Me Faith is what i must rely on to make it thru the days i have 11 1/2 months nad pray for fear to be lifted still....
Old 09-21-2004, 07:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((((((Cady)))))))))
Thanks for the reminder as well. I shared some specific stuff early on in an Open Meeting that nearly came back to bite me in the rear. A gentleman with long standing resentment against me went to the cops following his attending an OPEN Meeting where I had shared too specifically on a couple items in my history.

Thank God I had a Sponsor who suggested that this is another good reason why we share in a general way what it was like, what happened, and what its like now at our meetings. As time went by I began to know our principles :present: a bit better and much more realistically. Thus, I was beginning to trust God more and more when sharing my experience, strength and hope. My Sponsor suggested that the specific details I was sharing at meetings were best left for a Sponsors ear alone with God, especially in early sobriety.

(((((((((Cady)))))))) TY for sharing Lets continue to lift our fears together here in SR.

Three Legs
:tri
Old 09-21-2004, 09:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Ooooo for me, most of my character defects stemmed from Fear. I'm a long ways from "beating" fear, but I've come a long ways too. I love ABSI
Old 09-21-2004, 11:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I remember back in the old days when I would wake up, or "come too" whichever, and my breathing would be shallow and labored, I'd be shaking and sweating, and my heart would be pounding like crazy and feel like it weighed as much as a bowling ball. I hadn't even gotten out of bed yet!! After learning how to pray in my own feeble way, and after working the steps at about four months, I started to notice that I was calming down and didn't have to go through those terrible feelings. I believe today that FEAR is the "absence" of FAITH. A friend of mine(who isn't in the program)told me one day, "If you're going to pray, don't worry. If you're going to worry, don't pray."
Old 09-21-2004, 12:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

As my fear leaves me, I feel like a "hole" of some sort is being filled. So, I'm becoming more "whole" (pun on words intended )