Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day 12/27/13

Old 12-26-2013, 11:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day 12/27/13

*~*~*~*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

I need the A.A. principles for the development of the buried life within me, that good life, which I had misplaced, but which I found again in this fellowship. This life within me is developing slowly but surely, with many setbacks, many mistakes, many failures, but still developing. As long as I stick close to A.A., my life will go on developing, and I cannot yet know what it will be, but I know that it will be good. That's all I want to know. It will be good. Am I thanking God for A.A.?

Meditation for the Day

Build your life on the firm foundation of true gratitude to God for all His blessings and true humility because of your unworthiness of these blessings. Build the frame of your life out of self-discipline; never let yourself get selfish or lazy or contented with yourself. Build the walls of your life out of service to others, helping them to find the way to live. Build the roof of your life out of prayer and quiet times, waiting for God's guidance from above. Build a garden around your life out of peace of mind and serenity and a sure faith.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may build my life on A.A. principles. I pray that it may be a good building when my work is finished.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
--
Old 12-27-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

life seems to go a lot better when I am doing Gods will and not mine.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks I really don't know where to start or what to say but what I have read is Inspiring, I finally hit the bottom when my family told me that they were done, not feeling good right now but I have to go through the pain to get myself well, can anyone tell me how long the chills and shivering may last
Old 12-27-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Trebor,
I never experienced what you are going through and I would not give you any advice other than see a doctor, withdrawel scan be quite serious.
I sincerely hope that you have embraced step one and you do realize that you are powerless over alcohol.
I am well on to my third year of sobriety and I really didn't think I could cope with life without alcohol or that I would enjoy it. Life is so much better for me now with the support of SR and following the 12 step program.
You are feeling like crap now but you can turn this around, keep reading and posting.

All my very best

CaiHong
Old 12-27-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Trebor. I, too, would seek medical support from a doctor at this stage. Once we reach bottom we learn to both ask for and accept help from those who can aid us. SR, doctors, alcohol support services, Alcoholics Anonymous (AA was and remains the foundation of my "staying" sober 1 year on).

You'll never have to be on your own through this. Plug in to all available support. Have an open mind. It's a roller coaster ride - uncomfortable at times- so hold on tight to your seat and stay part-of. Don't listen to the alcoholic in you - it'll tell you anything ... "I can't", "I'm no good", "I'm different to all you guys", "it'll be different this time! "

Trebor - you can. You're worth it. You're no different to anyone else here. And it'll never be different till we DO something different!

Well done for doing something different and connecting with SR Trebor. Keep on doing the next right thing
Old 12-27-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations for one year, my goal right now is one week, then a month, I want the one year anniversary
Old 12-27-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

One minute at a time, one day at a time.

Stay in today and welcome to SR!
Old 12-30-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keeping it all in the day. In the now. Just one day at a time. And yes, one minute at a time when required. Took me several months to really catch on to this. At first I thought "just today" was youz guys way of trying to trick me into doing it for the rest of my life-only one day at a time!

"Just for today - but what happens tomorrow?!!" I get it now. It sounds too simple. But that's the beauty of it. Only today matters. Only now matters.

The regrets from yesterday, the worries for tomorrow, they serve no good for us and may get the better of us if we dwell on them. But anyone can deal with whatever one day chooses to throw at us. Especially when we share our problems.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know, I hate that saying but it's the truth, it is one day at a time and I'm getting that now, it's all up to me now, I have to be strong and somehow try to win my wife and kids back, it's going to be rough, but with all of your help I now believe it is possible
Old 12-30-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I wouldn't dream of telling you what I think you should do Trebor. When I set out on my recovery journey, Itook on a suggestion which was before I could begin thinking about winning loved ones back, I had to concentrate on winning myself back. Just doing the right thing. Having patience, and acceptance that I will never control other people and they mightn't make the decisions I'd like.

I practice this on a daily basis still - even though following much guidance from counsellors, peers & my sponsor, many bridges I thought I had burned forever are slowly being rebuilt. I will say 'stay strong & stay connected.'