Notices

A question about refreshing AA practice

Old 09-07-2012, 07:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

"I think I feel happy joyous and free, and restless irritable and discontent "

happy joyous and free and mildly miserable is how i felt for quite some time.

"Some would say that if you're really working your 10,11 and 12 you don't need to revisit step 4.Personally I disagree."

me too.if i see my defects comin out, it is best for me to start at step 1 rather than go right to 7.
yup. i let stuff build up without realizing it and thats when its time to put pen to paper.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I took the "Steel on Steel" material that Freya sent me round to a friend this afternoon. She's been in the same boat as me recently - got into a bit of a fug about her spiritual condition. She's having a think about whether or not to commit to it with me - but I spent a couple hours with her discussing in detail where we both felt we were at - and I think we realised that our exposure to AA has become narrow. We're doing the same meetings, hanging out with the same people and getting the same message and the same practices.

And we're in agreement that left to our own devices we can complicate water. How easily we forget that trusting in our HP - whatever that is, and she's very religious and I'm not - and making hopefully the right choice in any given moment - that's what I'm supposed to do. I'm not supposed - as has happened to me recently - to get overcome with the outcomes not being what I want, so taking licence to just stop trying to work towards spiritual progress.

Thanks again for your messages - you're helping me get back on track.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Red face

Pages 86 & 87 have all the instructions I need. If I don't do these things I am not a nice person to be with either for myself or anyone else.

Get out and sponsor others.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FredG View Post
Some would say that if you're really working your 10,11 and 12 you don't need to revisit step 4. Personally I disagree. As a human (although some would disagree with that too) I do nothing perfectly.

When I did my 1st step 4, I did it as good as I could at the time. I was a drunk with about 3 months in, how well do you think I did?

As I live and grow in this program I come to different times when I believe I NEED to re-do my step 4 for the exact same reasons I did the 1st. I need to get a very clear picture of what needs to be gotten rid of, and what needs work. What's good about me, is important, but not as important as it was when I came in, because when I did my 1st step 4, it was hard to believe there was anything good about me. Now I know there is.

Just my opinion
This is so true the longer I stay sober. My outlook on the relationships with myself and others is constantly evolving. No human being has the same outlook on life as they age. I'm not the same person I was in my 20's or 30's, as I am now in my 50's. Also, any business that would only do one thorough inventory is setting itself up for failure.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Pauline042209...welcome to our Alcoholism 12 Step Support Forum