Notices

How's Your Conduct?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How's Your Conduct?

Manager:"Hey Omega how are you today?"

Omega:"I'm tolerable, thanks for asking."

Manager:"I'll be the judge of that."

I immediately heard my sponsor ask "How's your conduct?" as he loves to do.

On a daily basis how would your conduct be considered if you answered? Your employer? Significant other? Parents? Siblings? Ex-significant other? Sponsees? Home group members? Bill collectors?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good questions. I know what I'd like them to say.

"Why he's completely normal in every aspect except for alcohol. He's always able, intelligent and very friendly".
Old 03-05-2012, 09:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

From what I typically hear, it's better than I think it is.

That's not to say I'm super awesome 24/7.....but I'm getting some recovery in the area of my opinion of myself lately....finally! I'm finally starting to accept my fallible human side for what it is and not identify myself with only my failures and shortcomings.

......probably not what you were expecting, huh Omega?
Old 03-06-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My manager was joking when he said that the other day. I posted it in a neutral fashion to see what responses I would get, if any. I know that can be, at least to my ego, a brutal question at times. He was joking based upon several sprees of self that he has seen during my tenure with the company, a little over two years. Only one job in sobriety, that's new also heheh.

I posted this because a part of me thought it knew what the responses would be, but another part, one that I'm still getting used to thought I might get some different responses. Most of the answers I get of recent match your post DT and part of me is still like, "hey, is this real?"

The best I can describe it was a chat I had with my sponsor the other day. I was telling him for the first time in my life I feel like I'm starting to match that ideal of what I always wanted to be but just couldn't quite ever pull off.

Thanks for the sincere reply.

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
From what I typically hear, it's better than I think it is.

That's not to say I'm super awesome 24/7.....but I'm getting some recovery in the area of my opinion of myself lately....finally! I'm finally starting to accept my fallible human side for what it is and not identify myself with only my failures and shortcomings.

......probably not what you were expecting, huh Omega?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

my behavior, f2f, as of late has been pretty good with the exception of a moment last Saturday morning of a quick burst of getting ticked off a little...in front of 2 sponsee`s....yee gads....can you imanage those 2 guys,wanting me to practice what I preach?
10 minutes later I was going thru the big book inventory and soon I saw things thru a different light.Tommy out,God in works every time
Life is really good for me today because I have a way of life that really works in all situations.I`m getting used to living it.
Wouldn`t take nothing for AA
Old 03-07-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh, oh! The responses arent as good as I would like them to be. I gave this some serious thought and looks like I've got some work ahead of me. Interresting thread.