Notices

Clancy's 7 questions 4th Step

Old 03-14-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Clancy's 7 questions 4th Step

Having done two 4th & 5th steps right out of the book, I'm considering doing Clancy's "7 questions" 4th step. Seems, for me, that doing resentment, fear, and sex twice has revealed that there are more areas to a human being and our human experience than that.

Now I'd need to have someone hear it as a fifth step, someone who knows what they're doing. Might be hard to find in Seattle, where everyone is a Big Book Absolutionist. At my meetings anyway. I could just find some MOR AA to hear it, but what would be the point of that? Confession alone ain't the answer or I'd have recovered years earlier. Anyone in or near Seattle area know this format? Thanks.

Dave
Old 03-14-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hope it works out well for you...

not only do I live near Atlanta but totaly unaware of this method.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Clancy/Pacific Group

You know you can always call someone from the Pacific Group - it's just a bunch of AA people, like any other group, happy to talk to another alcoholic eager to get sober and help others to recover.

Call the LA Central Office for Alcoholics Anonymous, and tell them you are looking to get in touch with someone in the Pacific Group, and they will help you.

Of course, Clancy is just ONE member of a group of 800 people, so not everyone does the steps like that in the group, but someone in the group can help you find a sponsor who does those seven steps if that is what you want!

(To clarify, Central Office is the contact point for all home groups, not just PG).

*Trust God
*Clean House
*Help Others

LA AA Central Office: Tel (323) 936-4343
Old 03-09-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

OOPS didn't see that this thread was started over a year ago, oh well my answer still stands.

Heck, Clancy is on facebook and you can message him there.

Heck since he has 'slowed' down some since retiring from the 'Rescue Mission' he might even hear your 5th himself, who knows.

But heck, give it a shot if this is what you want to do.

I personally having known Clancy for many years now and am quite familiar with the tenets of the Pacific Group and would touch neither with a 20 foot pole. Nor would I ever do the 12 steps based on Clancy's interpretation.

I was very fortunate as a newcomer woman, who after a few weeks my looks returned, in AA in Southern California in June of '81 to have found the sponsor I did. When one got her, you also got her husband, and they were on a par with Clancy I back then, were close acquaintances of his as a matter of fact, and word got out very quickly that I was one of Bev's sponsees (pigeons) and 'back off.' And to any that had not gotten the message, I was to say to them that I would have to ASK my sponsor Bev D. They all got the message.

So, if you believe those questions will help you do a more complete 4th step, then use them. Write out your 4th step again. I see no reason why you cannot take that 'new' completed 4th step to your current sponsor. I have personally done a 4th step at least every 5 years as more has been revealed to me since my first one.

As an alternative to using Clancy or your sponsor you can find out who from the Pacifica group has moved to your area and started a clone Pacifica Group (there are many around the country now) as I am sure there probably is one in your area. Go to those meetings and find someone to hear your 4th step.

J M H O

Love and hugs,