Notices

made another day

Old 11-01-2003, 10:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

made another day

Hello there- this is Felicia from the UK - thank you for your advise - I am trying to follow this. Today has been very strange - my daughter and partner are out of the house most of the day and in the past this was ideal to buy some booze and sneak one or two more bottles into the house. But today I did not want to do this. I feel kind off strange and uncomfortable with my alcoholic self - in the past I used to look for reason to drink and beeing on my own would have been a reason. I will pull through today - remembering that I am powerless once I start. I helps me to think that tommorow at least I will wake up sober and not hung-over - oh boy did I feel sick after a binge!!!
Thanks and best wishes from Felicia.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((((((((Felicia))))))))))))

I am so glad you are here with us.Hang in there,and trust that it really does get better in time.Waking up sober is a beautiful thing.

Hugs

phoenix
Old 11-01-2003, 11:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi there Felecia ! well done ! I am only on day 3 myself , so cant offer you much except encouragement .
I am feeling uncomfortable with my sober self as well. I hav e just woken up, sober , no headache , and no remorse ! Is a wonderful thing isn't it ?
I have just started my holidays, and had planned all my drinking for the next 3 weeks lol
Big surprise this is !
Hang in there for today Felicia
Big HUGXXXX
Lee
Old 11-01-2003, 12:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

This is awesome to hear from both of you, starting each day new with no hangover is huge and wonderful.

Take it slow, just one day at a time. And I am so glad that you are here at SR sharing with us.
Old 11-01-2003, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Felicia and Lee,

I'm so glad you are both here and that you're doing great! It is hard to change the patterns in our lives that we followed in our addictions. I, too, would have run out to buy alcohol when left alone for any length of time and I had to force myself to actively do something else at that time. I found that changing routines could help for those tough periods.

Hang around and keep posting!

Hugs and love,
Anna
Old 11-01-2003, 05:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Felicia and Lee,

so glad you are both getting one of the best rewards of recovery. I really love waking up sober and consider it a luxury.

Hang in there and start posting or reading whenever you feel the need, this is a great place for support.

Amy
Old 11-06-2003, 06:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Felicia , just thought I would drop by to see how you are !
Hope all is well
HUGXXXXX
Lee