Notices

24 Hours A Day

Old 12-30-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Arrow 24 Hours A Day

*~*~*~*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

To the extent that I fail in my responsibilities, A.A. fails. To the extent that I succeed, A.A. succeeds. Every failure of mine will set back A.A. work to that extent. Every success of mine will put A.A. ahead to that extent. I shall not wait to be drafted for service to others, but I shall volunteer. I shall accept every opportunity to work for A.A. as a challenge, and I shall do my best to accept every challenge and perform my task as best I can. Will I accept every challenge gladly?

Meditation for the Day

People are failures in the deepest sense when they seek to live without God's sustaining power. Many people try to be self-sufficient and seek selfish pleasure and find that it does not work too well. No matter how much material wealth they acquire, no matter how much fame and material power, the time of disillusionment and futility usually comes. Death is ahead, and they cannot take any material thing with them when they go. What does it matter if I have gained the whole world, but lost my own soul?

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I will not come empty to the end of my life. I pray that I may so live that I will not be afraid to die.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 12-30-2009, 06:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've posted before about this New Year's "collage" project that I and some of my friends do every year, as kind of like a what-are-we-working-on-how-have-we-done-last-year-and-where-are-we-going-this-year exercise/exploration. Last year, there was this one image that I was drawn to that I felt kinda strange putting in my collage because, while I liked it a lot, I also felt, somehow, that it was in some way "about" death.

I went back and forth in my mind about whether or not to actually use it, because I really had no sense as to why I was drawn to it. But, because I am totally committed to project and to our group's work together, I felt like the only "rigorously honest" thing to do was to use it in my collage. So, I did. And when I went to paste it on, I "got" the sudden message" "When we arrive at the edge of the cliff, we either take off or we fall over."

....and somehow I knew that what determines whether one "takes off" or "falls over" is one's spiritual condition.

Anyway, the reading this morning reminded me of that...which is kinda interesting in and of itself, because here I am getting ready to do my collage for 2010!!!!!!!

freya