Notices

Day_30_of_my_90_in_90

Old 12-17-2009, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Day_30_of_my_90_in_90

Whew. Need I say more? Yesterday was day 30 of doing 90 meetings in 90 days (24th day sober). I'm only 1/3 of the way through and I'm exhausted. I also do IOP two nights a week.

It's great though and well worth it. This is life or death for me so it needs to be done. I also think it takes a lot of the quess work and worry in early AA. I don't have to think or worry "am I going to a meeting today, am I not...". I just go.

I'm doing my 90 in 90 without the ability to drive, so I'm having to reach out to folks in AA a lot and you know what? I've never been stranded. What a great group of people in AA! I'm proud to be part of this fellowship.

I'm also learning how powerless I am over king alcohol and how my life was and is truly unmanageable. Early sobriety sucks, but I feel it's gonna be well worth it when I'm on the other side of feeling this way.

Just wanted to report in and thank you all.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kjell View Post
... but I feel it's gonna be well worth it when I'm on the other side of feeling this way.
My sponsor told me early on that I had to feel the whole menu of emotions new sobriety would bring to me. While it may be uncomfortable at times, the promise of freedom on the other side is well worth it.
Congratulations, Kjell.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations. Hang in there. I heard someone once say that you feel better in sobriety. At first you feel anger better, guilt better, shame better. However, this will change with time. Find someone who has worked the steps, has the contentment, then hang on to them. Find out what they did and do it. It will only get better.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
It's great though and well worth it. This is life or death for me so it needs to be done. I also think it takes a lot of the quess work and worry in early AA. I don't have to think or worry "am I going to a meeting today, am I not...". I just go.

I'm doing my 90 in 90 without the ability to drive, so I'm having to reach out to folks in AA a lot and you know what? I've never been stranded. What a great group of people in AA! I'm proud to be part of this fellowship.

I'm also learning how powerless I am over king alcohol and how my life was and is truly unmanageable. Early sobriety sucks, but I feel it's gonna be well worth it when I'm on the other side of feeling this way.
You just shared what I needed to hear today. Thank you for a great message. Can't wait for my meeting tonight.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats!!!!

Thank you for this......

Early sobriety sucks, but I feel it's gonna be well worth it when I'm on the other side of feeling this way.

I needed to hear that. My counsellor said to me "you want to continue doing what you're doing and have a Kraft Dinner life or do you want to get sober/clean and have a Steak/baked potato/garlic cheese toast life"

LOL. I want it all baby!!!! Just gotta hang in there.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I just like to drop in here to read a reminder of what it was like for me getting sober. I didn't hit 90 in 90 but, I did attend a lot of meetings.

Lot better to plan attending a meeting then a bar !!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
REZ

Congratulations on 30 days. Take it one day at a time; don't worry about 90. Keep coming back.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Whew. Need I say more? Yesterday was day 30 of doing 90 meetings in 90 days (24th day sober). I'm only 1/3 of the way through and I'm exhausted. I also do IOP two nights a week.

Just curious. What step are you on?
Old 12-17-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Originally Posted by tomvlll View Post
Just curious. What step are you on?
Step 1. My sponsor gave me an exercise to help me realize how powerless I am over alcohol and how my life is unmanageable. I’m almost done with that and we’re meeting this Saturday to go over it.

I’m glad we’re taking it slow and I’m also grateful that this time through, I’m really working this first step instead of just saying “oh yeah! That’s me”.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats......I'm not following your math but good job anyway !!

Old 12-17-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for the positive sharing
Good to know of your progress
Old 12-17-2009, 01:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
Congrats......I'm not following your math but good job anyway !!
Thank you.

Yesterday was day 30 of doing 90 meetings in 90 days (I'm a 1/3 of the way through). Yesterday was also day 24 from the last time I had a drink.

Hope that helps!
Old 12-17-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I get it now.

Thanks.

Thank you.

Yesterday was day 30 of doing 90 meetings in 90 days (I'm a 1/3 of the way through). Yesterday was also day 24 from the last time I had a drink.

Hope that helps!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well done! It sounds like you are in a great place mentally.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I remember when in rehab we did meetings daily along with the 6-8 hours a day of groups and therapy. Then when I got to the last 60 days in the non residential but the sober living part of rehab we did IOP 5 days a week and meetings were required 3 of those days. Then the required 90 in 90 after the 90 days in rehab. I know this is where I got a good founding in AA and NA. I was exposed to so many types of meetings like oldtimers AA( not many women in this group) gayAA, crack of dawn 6 am AA, under the tent AA, clubhouse AA....... lol it was interesting. I got slightly burned out on step meetings after 6 months but I still do them now and since I do about 4-5 a week now I can handle that over the many many in the beginning.
I congratulate you on your 24 days and I hope you keep on celebrating many many more! A hug for you.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Hitting my "thanks" button to you all.