Notices

Joe and Charlie

Old 03-24-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thankyou to the guys that posted the useful links......

I now have some new cds to play whilst in the cabin. fishing tomorrow.

Back in three days..........trucker
Old 06-13-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Love Joe and Charlie

I've been to Joe and Charlie workshops a few times, I hope they start doing them again, weekend events. The 16-20 week workshops are also great, very good for those who have never worked the steps as suggested in the BB, and always good for those who have. Love these guys. Doing the workshop right now and hoping they are tour again so our group can go see them when we're done with our workshop. Enjoy them!

Originally Posted by TTOSBT View Post
Hi guys.
I have heard lots of people speak of the Joe and Charlie tapes, etc.
I was wondering if anyone had a link to them or transcripts?
Also, what do you think of them?
Talk, talk, talk!
Old 06-13-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1ofgodskids View Post
I've been to Joe and Charlie workshops a few times, I hope they start doing them again, weekend events. The 16-20 week workshops are also great, very good for those who have never worked the steps as suggested in the BB, and always good for those who have. Love these guys. Doing the workshop right now and hoping they are tour again so our group can go see them when we're done with our workshop. Enjoy them!

Well, for that to happen, Joe would have to come back to life.

Why not pass on our experience instead? As long as we are passing on what those came before us passed on to us, those guys will always be around any way.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

1ofgodskids....
Welcome to sR
Old 06-13-2009, 09:47 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jimhere View Post
My old home group was formed by a man & his wife that had been sober many years without doing the steps and were dying in AA. In 1988, someone gave them a set of the original Joe & Charlie tapes and they did the steps with Joe & Charlie. Then they started sponsoring people through the steps and group was born. That group is 200 members strong now and has helped many. It is an active, healthy AA group.
Is this a Seattle group Jim?

Dave
Old 06-13-2009, 10:40 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Puddy View Post
Is this a Seattle group Jim?

Dave

Yes, the one that meets in Ballard on Tuesday nights. It may look like the statement that it is 200 members strong is an exaggeration because the meeting itself is not that big. But members are now scattered around the country and even in other countries. The founders now live in Olympia and there is a Solution Group down there. Because Ballard is sort of a Scandinavian neighborhood, many foreign exchange students from the Scandinavian countries end there and some of the alcoholic ones end up in The Solution Group. There is now a Solution Group in Iceland and offshoots in Norway. Plus other members like myself move away. Because of my hours, plus the conscious decision I have made about how I want to live I rarely get down to Seattle anymore, but they still consider me a member And I guess I still am, at least in spirit. In fact I just got home from having dinner with several of them. About twenty of them came up to a meeting in Snohomish tonight on their monthly group travel. Not a lot of groups in this area that demonstrate that sort of unity.