Notices

24 Hours A Day

Old 02-23-2009, 06:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Arrow 24 Hours A Day

*~*~*~*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

Besides our jobs, our families, our friends, and our sobriety, we have something else that many of us found through A.A. That's faith in a Power greater than ourselves, to which we can turn for help: faith in that Divine Principle in the universe which we call God and which is on our side as long as we do the right thing. There have been many days in the past when, if we had taken an inventory, we'd have found ourselves very much in the red, without sobriety, and therefore without jobs, families, friends, or faith in God. We now have these things because we're sober. Do I make one resolution every day of my life to stay sober?

Meditation for the Day

Love the busy life. It is a joy filled life. Take your fill of joy in the spring. Live outdoors whenever possible. Sun and air are nature's great healing forces. That inward joy changes poisoned blood into a pure, healthy, life giving flow. But never forget that the real healing of the spirit comes from within, from the close, loving contact of your spirit with God's spirit. Keep in close communion with God's spirit day by day.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may learn to live the abundant life. I pray that I may enjoy a close contact with God this day and be glad in it.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 02-23-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have found that the busy life does not mean the hectic, crazy, rushing around life. I hate it when my life gets that way and when it does get that way, it is an outward sign that my inner life is in disarray.

I liken my interior life to a spacious room with big windows that are open to the sunlight and to the breeze. When my spiritual house is in order, the room is clean and orderly, sparsely furnished, almost Zen. That is to say that my mind is not cluttered with thoughts, especially obssessive thoughts like resentment, self-pity, thinking about the past, dreading the future. I am in the now, one thought at a time. That is what serenity is, clarity of thought, one thought at a time. Do one thing at a time and when you are finished, pause before going on to another task.

When I am living in Ten and Eleven, free from the past and from the future, living in the right here and now, Twelve happens. I can accomplish many things during the day and not be tired. The world of The Spirit is busy, in the here and now.
Peace,
Jim
Old 02-23-2009, 07:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

We were talking about his the other night in a meeting.

Several guys mentioned, they could tell being around some people that, they were in the program without having been at a meeting with them by the way, they acted.

My work place has so many unhappy people. I'm glad to have this program to help me get thru each day
Old 02-23-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello I am new. Do not know what to expect from writing here. I have a drinking problem and today I want to stop drinking. But I do not want to go to a AA meeting... Is it possible to do it by myself?