My Moms 80th B-Day Bash...

Old 02-13-2006, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

My Moms 80th B-Day Bash...

Well, I got through the day, basically in one piece.

My mother planned her own party, she hired a band (banjo and country), she bought the food (We kids paid for it)....she had it at the rec room at the trailer park where she spends her winters...there were about 40 people there...she was going to parachute from a plane, couldn't do it, the wind at 13,000 feet was 90 MPH, and it was 35 degrees...so the jump was scrapped.

My half brother drove in from Atlanta,(came in on sat, leaves this am, long way for him) my step-sister came from Clearwater and I from about 60 miles away. We were window dressing, the party was for her to show off to her friends at the park, we knew no-one, and sat together in amazement...Mom said to brother, Guess you didn't know I had this many friends! Brother whispered to me, yeah, right, wait till she needs something from them..he was baffled by this party, a party for her to show off and strut her stuff! She danced, she sang, she told jokes, she was in heaven....and yes....

SHE WAS BOMBED! I got there at noon, SHE WAS ALREADY BOMBED! Continued to drink all day, one whiskey after another...in a coffee cup, we don't know it's not coffee, now do we?

The party was to be from 4-7pm, started on time, all the guests ran to the booze and snacky poos, then the buffet was served, then the cake, then,
guess what folks...all her friends dis-appeared, poof, gone at 6pm, no music,
no food left, no booze left, just a mess to clean up...guess who cleaned up...
Yepper, the three invisable kids! Now we know why we were invited!

I am glad the day has come and gone...I can hardly wait till her 90th! Isn't it amazing, she has been drunk for 60 years and like the ever ready bunny, she just keeps going, and going and going.

One day at a time Lord, one day at a time!

Dolly
Old 02-13-2006, 10:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Been there and done.

sad story but funny too.
you are a good story teller Dolly.