daughter of a addict for 15+ yrs

Old 02-12-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy daughter of a addict for 15+ yrs

Im using my moms page but im 14 and i have 5 brothers, and 5 sistermy dad only has three of his kids. my dad has been through hell, but so have everyone else and he dont realize he loved his drugs more then me and my brothers, and siters, but let me tell u some thing im 14 and barley have a dad, and he dont notice me at all.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh Mazzie I am so sorry, my mama has loved alcohol more than anyone in her life so I know just how you feel.

I am now 49 and she has been doing this my whole life, all I can tell you is to take care of you, go see your school counsleor, ask your mom to get you to ala-teen.

Anytime you would like to talk you can just jump on here and we can talk, if you need a shoulder to cry on then you have mine, if you need a big hug all you have to do is ask.

Big hugs and best of luck,

Bill
Old 02-12-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I'm sorry ((Mazzie)). My dad was also pretty wrapped up in drugs, so much so that he wouldn't pay attention to my sister or I either. Everything was all about him, we got pushed aside and forgotten. I know I felt like I didn't matter in when I was in the position you are now, but hang in there, it gets a little better once you can get out of there and get some space. You DO matter. You matter a lot, I'm sorry if your dad can't see that right now, but just remember that he loves you...he's just too distracted by the drugs/alcohol to express it. As the poster (Bill) said above, I also encourage you to talk to your school counselor (or a teacher you know and trust) or hit up an alateen meeting. I wish I had talked to my school counselor sooner than I did...it helped a lot, even though it was incredibly scary and intimidating at first. They're safe people though, you can trust them, I promise you that. I'm not too much older than you (20 years old) so really, I get where you're coming from. We all do, young and old. Just reach out, it's the best thing you can do for yourself.

We'll be here.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mazzie,

I fogot to mention the school nurse, my wife was a school nurse for 5 years and she jumped in to help kids like you all the time, your school nurse is someone you can talk about pretty much anything with, and she can give you a big hug when you need one.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Mazzie. I am sorry that you are hurting. I understand. I had a dad and a mom who were alcoholics, and life was all about them and their problems. We kids were pretty much invisible. It does hurt, but it is their disease or addiction that makes them unable to show love like you deserve. You do deserve love and hugs, and help. We are here, and would love to be her for you.
I hope you do reach out to someone close that you can trust. People do care more than you would imagine. You are important and valuable and precious, don't let anyone or anything keep you from believing that.
Al-ateen is a great place. You would not believe how many kids are in your situation. I am glad you are here, though I am sorry about how things are now. Reach out for help dear. sending a big hug,
chicory
Old 02-13-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi! My dad never noticed me either, he drank all the time. When he did notice me he beat me. But I knew he was not a good person. I never cared if he like me or not. I made up my mind when I was about 6 years old to never be like him. I planned on the day when I could leave and be a good person. I would never be mean to my kids. I would never be a drunk like him and ruin my life.

Start making your plans now and hang in there. You can make your life great without him if you need to, I did. You can be a good person and be nice to others.

Yes it is sad to have no Dad but he may come around later, my Dad finally quit drinking when he was 80! so there is always hope. He is messed up and doesn't know how to love you, but you know how to love yourself and be good to you. Try finding help at school or church or alateen. And you can make your own page here too, we are always around to listen.

Good luck!