"The Secret"

Old 03-14-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile "The Secret"

I just wanted to share with everyone a DVD & book with I found really inspirational in my recovery....called "The Secret"

Has anyone else seen the DVD? or read the book? I think it is amazing :o) Even if you dont believe how they say it works.....it is still a positive message nonetheless. For those who havent heard of it, it is not a Religious thing....it's just a different way of thinking, and how your thoughts can create your reality. The DVD is great, I recommend it....very inspirational for positive thinking, which is never a bad thing :o)

(I hope this link works, lol)
You should be able to watch to segment on Oprah about "The Secret" if you want to learn more....I just copied and pasted the code below into my browser address bar and it opened up my video player to watch it....

javascript:ol('http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ylqfu7bab.0.qvhpu7bab.cq76ebbab.1312& ts=S0223&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatanicewebsite.com%2 Foprah.wmv');

Much love & support!
~Stephanie
Old 03-14-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Recovery

Steph,

I did see the segment on Oprah, and took copious notes. At first, it really ticked me off, because I thought, "That's what I HAVE been doing..." and all sorts of other wah, wah, woe is me sort of BS.

Today, I realize that AA really did have it right. I don't remember the number, but one of the 12 Traditions says "attraction rather than promotion." It's the rest of the world that is trying to catch up. Well, and me too.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yes!!!! i am saying yes to life baby!!!

after the secret my 12 step work and life is even better, ive "created" new flatmates, and my job has changed dramatically, things have changed as i wanted but not in the way i expected, what i have has just transformed, its amazing, trying at times but def something major has shifted in my life. am feeling it in my life. esp the way it changed how i use affirmations
Old 03-30-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I'm reading the book now.
Interesting concept, just asking, and thinking for what you want...

I don't need much, I'm blessed.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i found a link about the secret from the dailyOM which a man who survived cancer put on his webpage.
i made his page my homepage because he has 99 quotes from the secret. so everyday i read these major quotes and i cannot believe how much this has changed things for me- just to contemplate what they are saying is mind blowing-let alone to see it actually "work"!!!!
that along with al-anon which has been saying the same thing basically- you just have to believe!!!!!!!
that and then watch the "what the bleep do we know" video and your reality becomes totally unbelievable yet very fascinating. i feel i have reached the "observer" status in my life=just this past week!

Last edited by escape artist; 03-31-2007 at 07:20 PM. Reason: in addition
Old 03-31-2007, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

could you please post that link with all the affirmations??
Old 03-31-2007, 09:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I've watched the DVD several times and applied the principals, it's working well for me. I really like it. I think they are things I've learned before, just forgotten along the way, or let life discourage me. I needed that push back in the right direction.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

sure it's www.jaydebaca.com
Old 04-05-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
been around the block...

Smile Love It!!!

There are so many connections between the book/movie to any "anon" program!!! The movie is such a joy to watch. It is uplifting and reminds me of what I need to focus on. When I find myself awfulizing, I say the Serenity prayer. That is what the Secret is all about. Turning off the negative thoughts and redirecting them to positive ones.

If you haven't seen it, you can download it at the website for $5. I don't think I'm allowed to put in the website...just google secret website and you'll get there!!!!!!!!!

Have a great one!!!