Thread: I snapped!
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

June 11, 2009:

Originally Posted by mentallyexh View Post
Today has been over the top! Of course he returned and promised to stop drinking....but I guess I knew he would. He was SO angry that I talked to his parents, but they were there when he went to rehab before and I wasn't...I knew they'd understand. This set him off so much that he called me all kinds of cruel names and told me how worthless I am...and he wasn't even drunk....
June 17, 2009:

My AH had told me he is quitting, at first he said he could drink been and would be fine until the other day he had 6 in the evening. I was very upset by this and told him that I didn't think that he could do it that way...and he ultimately agreed after saying it was really only 2 because he poured them in big glasses....interesting rationale.
June 20, 2009:

He attended rehab years ago before we met....claimed they told him he wasn't really an alcoholic etc.....
He has tried to quit several times....always to slowly go back....
He is not attending and program just quitting cuz, "He can control it." Also...he is still making jokes like when i said it was hot, he said only 1 think can quench that thirst...laughing making a joke out of it all.
June 21, 2009:

Well, what a day....5 days dry, but he's still angry, ANGRY...and not admitting a problem.
He has yelled at me all morning....told me I suck in front of my kids, grabbed me by the arm to control me and try to MAKE me not be angry for him yelling at me in church, flipped me off at my parents, and he took a nap, played internet and felt sorry for himself there.....
His behaviors are so strange to me.......he is SO mean to me.
It has been a tough night, he constantly makes me feel like I am doing something wrong, I am not supporting him, I am not doing anything for him except complaining - whether he drinks or not - nothing changes.
July 2, 2009:

Well, I really enjoy karaoke....and so my husband and I went tonight. I only drink Diet Coke, and thought he could control it like he said, but it wasn't long before he was doing shots again...
so as my AH put it tonight refering to my past marriage, "Well, congrats you are 0 and 2."
July 7, 2009:

So now I'm back to thinking maybe when we move, I set very clear distinct boundaries, and if he crosses them I will follow the consequences, one last attempt to not seperate.