Notices

Just started suboxone. Need some advice

Old 11-05-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Yes, I didn't care for it either and rarely took it until my doctor increased my dose to 1 mg. then I started to abuse it. When I was prescribed .25 I didn't feel a thing. Anyway, that's besides the point! I'm glad you're not into it! I've noticed deep breathing and relaxation techniques worked better anyway. There are non-addictive (I use that term loosely lol) such as buspar and visteral sp? that doc prescribe. I've never taken them so have no experience. I have taken trazadone for insomnia. It definitely put me to sleep and kept me sleeping til morning. I didn't care for the coma type feeling it gave me though. you have to take it when you are in bed. Some say its great though. It's also a anti-depressant /anti-anxiety med when taken regularly. My first go around i was given that plus naltrexone. I'm not sure if the traz or the nalt. helped with paws but i did feel good while i was on those. I guess these are some options to discuss with your doctor. Now I've decided to try to do deal as much as possible the natural way. As you know I'm still on the sub though. That could change when I've completely weened off it. Not sure how troublesome paws will be.

How are you doing, though? Have you been able to get any lower on the sub?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I've been doing ok, and I'm alternating between 1.5 and 2mgs so my body adjusts. I do notice though even when I take the 2, the next morning, I'll have light w/d symptoms, like the sweating and runny nose and anxiety, but I'm working with it. I'm also going to start trying to eat better. I am a junk food but and I don't really get any excersise but I know I need to change that. The pain is also pretty bad when I wake up in the morning. I have also been taking laxatives here and there because I can't take the constipation!! It is driving me nuts!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are having so much discomfort! This is one tough opie to get off of isn't it? It's good that you were only physically addicted so you do not have to deal with cravings as well! That's a double whammy! Omg ....the constipation! Sheesh! I've been dealing with that since switching to sub! I'm surprized it hasn't eased some on less mgs! I find that Metamucil or fiber pills helps me a lot.

Prayers to you that you can get off this stuff soon!
Old 11-05-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thank you! The constipation was bad enough on the meds but I feel like it's worse with this
Old 11-05-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi Noelle, congratulations on getting off your meds. I hope your pain is stable.

I did a quick month long detox using suboxone off of pain medication. I started at 2mg though, well maybe 4 but that felt like too much so my next dose was 2mg. I then tapered .5mg weekly until I was only using crumbs from a subutex pill. I skipped days and really tried to get off of it very quick. Looking back, that might not have been the smartest decision for me, because I traded that drug for a xanax addiction. So, long story longer take your time and listen to your body. I'm glad that I'm opiate free and I actually don't really have any pain anymore. I was physically and mentally addicted to my medication, so that didn't help either.

I didn't really have any physical wd while taking the suboxone like you said you have in the morning. Mine were more psychological- anxiety mostly, and mood swings. Good luck!
Old 11-06-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Oh noelle, yes double yes! Sub = constipation! I had problems on the oxy too but sub was much worse! The first week I was on it absolutely no BM! In fact I was sure I'd have to run to the ER! Finally I had relief but very painful! That's when I started the fiber. Now, I have one every 2 to 3 days. Be sure to take the fiber every day, even if you have no problems. It should help.

I hope you feel better and can adjust to the lowered amount. Fancy's right! There is no need to rush. Give your body that time needed to adjust. I'm sure the slower the taper the less WD symtoms.

Thinking about you!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

So, I found another taper plan on a different forum. It's a 25% drop every 4 days. Then once you get down to .25, you start skipping days. Yesterday was my first day at 1.5 and I felt the drop yesterday (minor anxiety and slight runny nose) later in the day. Today I feel perfectly fine. That being said, I'm still gonna wait and see how I feel on day 4, and if I feel ok, I'm gonna reduce another 25%
Old 11-10-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Day 3 at 1.5mgs. I feel fine other than some stomach upset, which is fine with me
Old 11-11-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Youre just doing one dose daily at 1.5?
Old 11-11-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

If runny nose, slight anxiety and a little stomach upset (vomiting or just nausea?) is all you're dealing with I'd say you're doing great! I like that taper plan. I think I read that same plan. Infact, I think that person had very minimal WD symptoms. When you reach to skipping days part you skip every other day and then go to every two days. Is that the plan? I don't remember when the person jumped though. Probably after skipping 3 or four days. It seems to me that if you skip 3 days in between doses that one dose would not be nessesary anyway. Well, you really down there in mgs so it shouldn't be much longer. As fancy says, take your time, unless you are on a time limit you don't need to rush this. I think taking the time your body needs to adjust to the new levels would ease your body back to producing its own dopamine instead of shocking your system by suddenly jumping off! Less suffering for you! Please continue to check in and let us know how you are doing and where you are in your taper. Your posts are extremely helpful too. Thank you!
Old 11-11-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I'm on my 4th (last) day of 1.5 and I feel really good, and yes, it is a once daily dose in the morning before work. Since I'm down to 1.5, I've had no anxiety or runny nose, just a little stomach upset. I'll let you guys know how the next 25% decrease goes. I don't think it'll be too bad.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

K, so today is day 4 at about 1.13mgs. I feel fine other than some light sweats (hands and feet) which to be honest is normal for me, or was before I was taking meds.
I also had sex last night with my fiancé (I know,tmi) and it was good. I feel like I'm finally getting my sex drive back. And the best part is, I have some opiate receptors that are actually working on thier own now, which I'm happy about
Old 11-15-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Wow! Nicole that's good stuff! Glad to hear you're doing good!
Old 11-16-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thank you! Today was my first day at about .85mgs. Having some light sweats and a little bit of anxiety, but I've noticed the first day I a drop is usually the worst for me, then it kinda balances out a little bit, so I'll let you guys know what happens
Old 11-19-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Today's my last day at .85mgs. I feel good withdrawl wise, but, I have the flu, which completely sucks. Home from work today with a fever, sore throat, body aches, blah blah blah. I hate being sick
Old 11-19-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Yuck! Sorry you are sick! Have you jumped yet? You might as well you're sick anyway. But idk if it'll make you more misserable or if the flu will mask the WD? Whatever you decide I'm wishing you good luck!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thanks, Clean. I didn't jump yet, because I'm all out of time at work and can't afford to take any more days, so I'm tapering as low as I can before jumping. Still tapering even though I feel like ****, but I'm not experiencing any of the normal opiate withdrawl symptoms. I'm at .65mgs as of today, and I think it still may be a little too high to jump, so I'm gonna taper a little further