Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part 3

Old 04-28-2017, 09:08 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Anyone up for a 46 Days? No? Well here it is anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aZlX6Z-Ofo

How about this one.. . . It's Getting Better, Man!! This has been my theme song during recovery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMCK...utu.be&t=2m43s
Old 04-28-2017, 09:36 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Well, with your guys' help, today I reached 17 days, which is the longest I've been sober since I quite on February 24. I really want to get to 31, which if I get to—no, correct that, when I get to—will be my longest time away from alcohol in decades.

Congrats everyone on their milestones and general AV butt-kicking. Rock on Ninjas.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:44 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you better is better
congrats on six weeks Sandy

congrats to you too argi - you'll do this!
D
Old 04-28-2017, 11:37 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

17 Days Argi Wooohoooo
Old 04-29-2017, 03:16 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Just got back from fishing. Caught several Barramundi but all undersize so had to kiss them and throw them back into the water. Maybe tomorrow I'll catch a big one. Just about to clean the kitchen and make dinner for the littlies. What's everyone else up to this weekend? xxx
Old 04-29-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Great job betterisbetter! Like Tiles told me, we are the cool sober rock stars! (especially you since your actually in a band lol).

Peacefulintent, props to you for being the non-drinker. Keep doing that day after day...

Argi, Mish, Sandyo & Sunshine- excellent as well, keep riding that sober train. BTW Sunshine, how was the Poison show?

Tiles, sorry you had a rough week. It just goes to show that you can never let your guard down whether it's a month, a year or a decade. I'm digging that Oasis tune and it's definitely gotten a lot better for me after just 43 days.

Old 04-29-2017, 03:29 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Since you asked Mish, my daughter has her first track meet later today so I'll be there. Tomorrow we're going to bike around Fire Island and check out the lighthouse too. Also, plenty of yard work planned. The landscaper never called me back so I'm going to save money and burn some extra calories.

In the past I was often in an alcohol fog and kind of withdrawn. I am not the best socially, but I find myself a lot more talkative and confident now. This new me emerging is the real me that was suppressed by drinking.

How about you Mish and everybody else?
Old 04-29-2017, 03:38 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I'm not the best socially either JCNY. Prefer to spend time with myself or my kids. This weekend I'm focusing on getting the house organised and trying my hand at meal prep so I don't have chaos every morning before school and in the evening after work. There's a lady at my work who prepares everything a week in advance including school lunches and then freezes it.
I'm also going to try an catch an elusive Big Barramundi. Fishing really relaxes me. It's really weird being so mentally with it now. I'm so much more productive at work.....I have absolutely no idea how I managed to function before.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:49 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I hear ya with the organizing and meal prep Mish. These two tasks are like kryptonite to my wife lol. I've been cooking family dinners almost every night and eating a lot healthier.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for part 4 guys - join us here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html
D