Notices

Sweating profusely

Old 07-03-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hello, my name is May

Hi JerryFish,

I endured several days & nights as a smelly old sweat bucket during the first phase of withdrawal. I was a walking, stinking brewery & must have been particularly bad if even I could smell me?! The good news is...it will pass! As for me, I'm glad to say that I've now developed a good sense of humour about the smelly sweat bucket days!

Keep glugging the H2O & I wish you all the very best,

May
#day55
Old 07-03-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 100515 View Post
Hi JerryFish,

I endured several days & nights as a smelly old sweat bucket during the first phase of withdrawal. I was a walking, stinking brewery & must have been particularly bad if even I could smell me?! The good news is...it will pass! As for me, I'm glad to say that I've now developed a good sense of humour about the smelly sweat bucket days!

Keep glugging the H2O & I wish you all the very best,

May
#day55
Thanks May. Interesting that you should mention the walking, stinking brewery part. This isn't regular sweat. It's all sorts of gross stuff coming out.

And not just from my sweat. Even though I drink a lot of water, my urine is very dark and smells terribly. (My doctor know about this, it's normal.) It's another way of the body getting rid of the mess.

This has been an eye-opener for me. Now I see how much of a mess you create in there by drinking.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm sweating profusely right now!

Because I worked out hard for an hour.

And I'm not just saying this to be cheeky... You see, working out has helped my sobriety tremendously and has also greatly improved my nerves, stabilized my emotions and helped take down the sweating issues!
Old 07-03-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
I'm sweating profusely right now!

Because I worked out hard for an hour.

And I'm not just saying this to be cheeky... You see, working out has helped my sobriety tremendously and has also greatly improved my nerves, stabilized my emotions and helped take down the sweating issues!
Yeah, I need a consistent exercise routine. I like walking, so going for long walks seems like a good start.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
quat

Walking is a good start, go out the front door pick a direction , start walking, when you think you are about half way done, turn around

One of my favorite evenings is when we walk to a local eatery , have a nice meal and head home , about 5 mi round trip, been getting it in at least once a week. Gotta love spring/ summer/ early fall
Old 07-03-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Walking is a good start, go out the front door pick a direction , start walking, when you think you are about half way done, turn around One of my favorite evenings is when we walk to a local eatery , have a nice meal and head home , about 5 mi round trip, been getting it in at least once a week.
yes. Every marathon I run begins with walking....

Old 07-03-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!!

The body needs time to heal, but it can't repair years of drinking in a matter of days, it's gonna take some time!!

Hang in there!!