Notices

How anonymous should you be?

Old 01-31-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

This very interesting question. I in "creative" industry where is almost impossible stay anonymous. But addiction also fairly well "tolerated." I okay with quasi-anonymous for long time, however it more recent come back to bite me, in that networking resource say "I total recommending you as best talent for this project, BUT, I not comfortable to do so without disclosing what I know about you addiction." ... ... Uhhh, awesome! So then was like, WHAM! PORTCULLLIS CLOSING!

On other hand, by nature, I open book and not really ashame of my addiction and wish for addiction to come out of closet, cuz I does believe is physiological affliction and not need to be stigmata. I use to say "Atheist is the new gay." Now I says "Addict is the new gay." Cuz, is SO MANY of us, and is no reason we should hide, but yet, still, to lot of society, is big taboo.

For now, in "unsafe" or random situation, I say is my seizure disorder is why I not drink. I use to make more honest joke "Thanks but I already drink my allotment for this lifetime."