Bottles - How to Hide Them

Old 10-23-2008, 02:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

OMG! This thread takes me back. I used to hide bottles from myself but always found them eventually.One day I was "thrilled" when having nothing to drink at whatever time of the day it was, I found two bottles of wine in a cupboard. A lot of the time I deliberately went to different shops/supermarkets/off licences to get my booze but in the end, I was outside the corner shop at 8am. They knew I had a problem and viewed me with a mixture of contempt and pity. To "protect" myself from this, I used to wrap my "denial" in a bubble of invisibility, never made much eye contact and got out as quickly as I could. Getting rid of the empties was a nightmare and a palaver too. Always scared I'd be seen or heard. Thanks to AA and my HP I don't have to do any of this today.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Oh wow.
This is one of the many things I thank God that I do not have to do today.
I LOVE not buying and hiding booze!!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I know I'm a late-comer to this thread but... CRIPES! How scary is it that SO MUCH of that describes what I used to be like?!? Wow.

I so do not want to go back to that.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((Trying)))

I'm glad you bumped this thread back up. I'd forgotten how funny it was...sad, yes, but still funny to those of us in recovery. I never had to hide bottles, but boy, can I tell ya some places to hide a crack pipe!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-03-2008, 11:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Oh I laughed my butt off while I read it! And shook my head in shame at the same time... At least I can laugh at myself, eh? Actually I was floored at how many of those applied to me. I thought FOR SURE that I was the only person EVER to do some of that stuff...

Hugs back!
Old 12-04-2008, 12:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I would hide bottles in my daughters closet on a shelf she couldn't reach and I knew my spouse wouldn't look there also under the guest room matress. He eventually caught on to that when I started sleeping in there more. The BBQ pit,in the pool equipment shed.Even in my nieghbor's backyard.
looking back I see how pathetic I was. But at the time I thought I was soooo clever.
Thank you for starting this thread. It made me take yet another thing from my drinking days and put it behind me and forgive myself for.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

The trash can was a great place to hide,who would ever think someone would put their bottle with trash (yuck)..also the washing machine..husband never does laundry...those were my favorite places.but had others....
Old 12-20-2008, 06:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hubby and I shared our habits, and we live alone, so we never hid the nightly fifth of scotch and bottles of wine and beer. No, I would wake up hung over and disgusted at the sight of them cluttering the tables, along with the other trash we were to lazy (drunk) to throw away. I swear the last five days my house is cleaner
Old 12-20-2008, 08:10 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

crap bright...i'm cleaning house right now! had sorta a rough 2 weeks and let it slide...you remind me of how bad it use to be and also how i can let the same lifestyle get me going again even without the booz if i'm not careful

Thanks and glad you are here!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Almost choked when I saw replacing the drink in the 32 ounce cup! Why did I think I was the only person to think of that one?!

You know it's 'little' things of remembering things like that, when I really appreciate my sobriety.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I agree this is a very good and timeless thread. I did alot of hiding and believe it or not my mind still tells me that I may not be an alcoholic. I have a dominating spouse so therefore I think this is why I had to hide it even though most of the time I was drinking with him. He just didn't allow me to have all I wanted!! lol Sometimes I have to thank my higher power for that because no telling how much I would of drank if it was open house. I didn't have very good hiding spots because it seemed like he was always finding bottles.