Notices

Change is coming Weekender 21-23rd April

Old 04-20-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

*nod*
Old 04-20-2017, 04:58 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippoRossi View Post
You'd better believe I'm in for another sober weekend. Tomorrow is my 45th birthday and I plan on starting it out right - S.O.B.E.R.
Woohoo! WTG!

I'm with all of you in making a change this weekend! I'm on Day 5 and this weekend will be the best I've had in a very long time!
Old 04-20-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hi PippoRossi & WildernessVoice.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:00 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

My daughter had another bad day today. We have to wait until next Thursday for her assessment and to get into a program. We can always go back to the crisis center and wait all night.

My wife stayed with her today as I had a meeting at our remote site in the afternoon. I get there and they can't accommodate the meeting because people are busy with a major machinery break down. Since the early morning! I would've really appreciated a phone call before I drove out. At least I got to give a colleague a tour of the place.

I'm cranked. My wife wanted to vent about something at her job (she worked from home) but I couldn't take it. We talked about getting some help for ourselves. I agree, but I also don't need another thing on my schedule right now.

My social circle is rather small, but I got this place to vent and I appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:06 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

It's hard to listen to other people's issues when we don't even have enough energy for what's already on our plates..
Old 04-20-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

On the topic of change.. I have finally resolved to make some changes. I have said that I was struggling to find the motivation to stop drinking again.. I just need my moods to stabilize between now and May 16.. I've been so angry and mean and apathetic.. and I can not carry that in to my peds rotation.. I mean.. No. Just no. It's kids. With disabilities. I can't be anything but sunshine and buttercups. LoL. I can not go in there an angry drunk. I will not do it. I refuse.

If I keep insisting this to myself it will sink in and stay.

Day 3 is in the books. I have some tremors, a slight headache that may actually be allergy related, and I am just hoping I sleep better tonight than I did last night.. Last night was terrible. In and out of sleep, tension and restlessness, crazy nightmares, waking up and being startled by shadows in my room.. I am not sure if the bar patrons outside were really singing or if I was half asleep half awake dreaming it.. I need to install my AC and close my windows.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Watch some children's programming to get your frame of reference. Do they still have tellitubbies? lol
Old 04-20-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Watching some children's programming to get your frame of reference. Do they still have tellitubbies? lol
I was flipping through channels the other day while ironing and honest to goodness, I stopped on Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood and actually watched the last few minutes. It's so soothing!

And that is a good point.. I have no childcare experience at all. I don't know how to relate to kids. I'm scared.

This will be me.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:42 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning
Old 04-21-2017, 12:33 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the new thread Sao

I can actually embrace change now which is very new for me. Headshaking stuff LOL

Happy birthday Pippo!
Congrats on your imminent move MB!

continued best wishes STDragon

I'm with you mech - we hear more about the bad stuff these days but I honesty think we're not only safer but better off than our folks were or their folks.

D
Old 04-21-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Happy 45th birthday PippoRossi! Hope you have a wonderful day and weekend.

Off to the dentist this morning. Something I've neglected for quit sometime. Tho I have no tooth pain, I'm bracing for bad news. Meh, can't be that bad.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

LOL BC - Mr. Rogers. Now his voice is playing thru my head. How long will you be with pediatrics? I expect it will turn out to be a lot more fun than geriatrics.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Givingup54!

A belated Happy Birthday PippoRossi!

SoberTDragon best wishes to your daughter, i'm sorry you are going through such a difficult time. Vent at any time if it helps.

Good luck with the young ones Brenda, that is a job I would be hopeless at.

Thanks Dee

I have put off a really tedious job that involves a lot of data entry and now I am forced to do it on a Friday afternoon. I wish I would stick to my worst job first rule
Old 04-21-2017, 05:20 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Drank too much coffee due to what i suspect is sleep apnea . stayed up most of last night unable to sleep ..
Have taken today and mon & tues off , hopefully the medical records will be here by then and i can have an appt with the GP .

At the same time i want to push for my over 40 tests and come clean about how much i used to drink maybe get the kidneys and liver checked over... i'll tell them the facts and take advice ..

STD sorry to hear about it all .

Thanks Dee i just remember how bad news made me feel in early sobriety, how grim the world looked as an alcoholic .. any perceived slight , and piece of bad news or misery would bounce round my head and get louder like an echo chamber ..
As a soberist of some time i hope by maybe pointing out the good and labouring it a bit that it will help others who are where i was fight the powers of darkness .

m
Old 04-21-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy birthday Pippo x

What was the bad news Mecanix ? good luck with the tests

Just back from a big exercise session & then saw the barber for a trim
Old 04-21-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I am IN! Full disclosure. Last week i had two days sober, thought i was ready, but by lunch on Friday was having margaritas on a patio with a coworker who has no idea i have a problem. It wasn't till the last mont i started actually sneaking alcohol into work to sip on. Before that id only do it on work hrs if at home working.
Today is Friday. My idea of letting lose has been drinking. Basically since college so for the last at least 12 years. I am so ready to see what continuous sobriety can do in my life, bc continuous drinking has not improved one, solitary thing!
Thank u all for being here. Today and tomorrow are going to be difficult but I'm gonna try filling time with activities that exclude even seeing alcohol.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I'm IN! Looking forward to a sober weekend, the first in a very long time! Feels scary too... This time I've followed peoples advice here and made a plan!!
Old 04-21-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job Verona your in good company lots of friendly people here
Old 04-21-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
LOL BC - Mr. Rogers. Now his voice is playing thru my head. How long will you be with pediatrics? I expect it will turn out to be a lot more fun than geriatrics.
I'll spend 36 total hours there, spread out over three weeks. It's not much at all.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Verona View Post
I'm IN! Looking forward to a sober weekend, the first in a very long time! Feels scary too... This time I've followed peoples advice here and made a plan!!
I'm on day 4. My "weekends" Saturday and Sunday are not hard for me exactly because I work.. but over the next three weeks, I will have a lot of free time on my hands. That will be hard.