Notices

Class of March 2016 part 43

Old 03-19-2017, 05:47 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Hello everyone! So glad to see you all here....sipping on some Starbucks and about to get ready for the concert.....I've been up since 3am so it'll be caffeine day for me ~ I'm excited and nervous at the same time! Gotta keep my av in check.....I'm bringing you guys along with me!

Let us know how it goes Purp! We are here for you! Xo
Old 03-19-2017, 05:48 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

samantha
[from cooksinfo[dot]com/salt-pig]
"Salt Pigs are a large version of a salt cellar. Their function, though, differs somewhat: they are meant for daily storage of salt in the kitchen, rather than fancy serving of it at the table...
The opening on the side provides quick access to the salt. The top and lipped opening keep dust and debris from settling in. Miraculously, bugs avoid the salt completely..."
Mine is pottery. At the moment I have coarse sea-salt crystals in it; it has a wooden spoon that holds half a teaspoonful.
That website has some pictures of 'em.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:51 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Kiki - I've never regretted keeping my marriage solid, even when at heated times I felt otherwise. My children are worth it. Our economic stability was worth it. We agreed on more issues than we disagreed. And well...often he had a point (lol!) and I might have been wrong. You're not wrong on this though. Counseling on a major issue like drinking sounds like a GREAT idea! I totally get where you're coming from on that.
Thanks so much for this LG!!! I needed to hear it.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
I saw a sign when I was out today that said, "Make today so awesome yesterday gets jealous"....words to live by
LOVE that!!!
Old 03-19-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
I'm soooo proud of myself!

My neighbor just offered me 10 beers leftover from a 12 pack that he couldn't drink because of stomach troubles. He said he drank only two because they hurt his stomach so bad.

I turned him down!!!!!

Ain't I'm a good boy!!! LOL
WOW BBG!!! That's HUGE!!!
Old 03-19-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
I posted this in the March '17 thread but wanted to share with you kind folks also:
Just having one of those days of the blues where my energy and motivation seems to have spiralled down to a very low level.
I've experienced this before, I *know* it will pass; if I get one thing done from my To-Do list I'll count the day a success.
Possibly that may be just opening a window and airing the house! Or re-filling the salt-pig, always a major task
Hope everybody else is doing ok.
Hang in they Carmel! If the ONLY thing you do today is stay sober...it was a great day!
Old 03-19-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Looks like another "Everybody Loves Raymond" night. I sure will be glad when basketball season is over. TBS keeps bumping BBT for BB.

Nitey nite.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Well....I'm gonna call it a night! I could have never gotten through this weekend without you guys, my AA friends, my sponsor and most importantly...GOD! Dee was right..."what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!"

Day 10 is complete!

Love u all!
Old 03-19-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Heading to bed here too....love you guys!
Old 03-19-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Pinch me!

Where do I start???? So I gave him the card, got a hug, (in the card I had mentioned how he inspired me to finally take drum lessons).....he went backstage, came back out and was mingling with the crowd (very small intimate outdoor venue) ~ my friend and I went over to him.....I got my picture taken with him! Then he asked "How are the lessons coming?" ~ Holy crap he had already opened and read the card?!?! I didn't know what to say, I think I mentioned that they're therapeutic or something.....I get tongue tied in these situations! The show was freaking awesome, AND I got one of his drumsticks!!! I keep thinking I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and find out that none of this happened......

(Pssst....Did I mention I stayed sober the whole time!? I may be groggy in the morning from all the coffee and excitement, but no hangover tomorrow for this weirdo!!!
Old 03-19-2017, 08:35 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

So good Purp. Emotional intensity is always a trigger for booze- for me. You worked through it- got a reward with out drinking. It can be done.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:15 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

You're living your dream Purp!
Old 03-19-2017, 09:42 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Update:

I talked to my husband before dinner tonight and we have decided to start marriage counseling. We have ALOT to work on! I'm going to make it my top priority to find a good therapist this week! I also wanted to report that I stayed sober through all that today. By grace of God! Love you guys so much. Thx for all your help today. :-)
you got this
Old 03-19-2017, 09:44 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
I'm soooo proud of myself!

My neighbor just offered me 10 beers leftover from a 12 pack that he couldn't drink because of stomach troubles. He said he drank only two because they hurt his stomach so bad.

I turned him down!!!!!

Ain't I'm a good boy!!! LOL
Awesome bbg that is such a hard thing to do
Old 03-19-2017, 09:58 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Super late check in. I'm good sober right now and feel I control of that. I'm working on the marijuana now. It's been 3 days without smoking and i feel great. My husband on the other hand insisted we buy more. I turned him down and he didn't care. So not only did he buy some he got 2xs the norm for me. I am aware of what is going on here. It's the same thing that helps with booze. He thinks I will be happy and not leave him. Something came to mind tonight when j was thinking about it. "The enabler" if you have read Steven king dark tower books you would get it. Anyways he kept pushing me to go smoke, it's just like drinking. Well needless to say I didn't smoke. I did go in the garage and worked out instead to pass time and ran 4 miles. Im in control of my drinking because I'm strong and this is no different 3 days will soon turn into 95 where I end the night. If you are struggling right now please find the strength to overcome it. I have learned that the pain is only temporary and you know the the saying. No pain no gain
Old 03-20-2017, 01:12 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Ripping the bandaid off quickly, I drank for a week (extremely heavily) day 3 today. Grateful you're all here and that I know I can come back to this place.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:48 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

keep posting Immri, strength in untity
Old 03-20-2017, 02:07 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you found your way back Immri

D
Old 03-20-2017, 04:49 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Wow Purp!!! How exciting! Sounds like an amazing time! Even better that you will remember it because you were sober! You're amazing! :-)
Old 03-20-2017, 04:51 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
So good Purp. Emotional intensity is always a trigger for booze- for me. You worked through it- got a reward with out drinking. It can be done.

Me too! "Emotional intensity" has always been a trigger for me too! I've never heard that term before but I love it.