Notices

Class of March 2016 part 43

Old 03-19-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

I saw a sign when I was out today that said, "Make today so awesome yesterday gets jealous"....words to live by
Old 03-19-2017, 02:00 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

OMG he is here! I actually approached him and gave him his birthday card....he hugged me and said thank you! OMG
Old 03-19-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

I'm soooo proud of myself!

My neighbor just offered me 10 beers leftover from a 12 pack that he couldn't drink because of stomach troubles. He said he drank only two because they hurt his stomach so bad.

I turned him down!!!!!

Ain't I'm a good boy!!! LOL
Old 03-19-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

I posted this in the March '17 thread but wanted to share with you kind folks also:
Just having one of those days of the blues where my energy and motivation seems to have spiralled down to a very low level.
I've experienced this before, I *know* it will pass; if I get one thing done from my To-Do list I'll count the day a success.
Possibly that may be just opening a window and airing the house! Or re-filling the salt-pig, always a major task
Hope everybody else is doing ok.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:51 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Hi guys. VERY late check in! Been a busy day! I will read the posts later. Just wanted to check in.

I just has a very close call!!! I was triggered by something pretty severe and had an anxiety attack. I started breathing and praying and called my sponsor and she talked me though it. F you alcohol! I don't drink!!!

Love you all!
Old 03-19-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you were triggered Kiki but I'm really glad you got through - whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

How are things now Caramel?

Glad you're enjoying yourself Purplrks!

D
Old 03-19-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee - I've just had a laugh at the "cat on sewing machine" picture on the Whiners' thread
I think I'll hunt out some comedy to watch, laughter really does elevate one's mood.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Good job BBG on turning down those beers! You won't regret it tomorrow!

Been a really busy day here. Had a lot of fun at the Crayola factory and then came home and went sledding for a little. Everyone should sleep well tonight!! At least I hope so.

Hope everyone is having a good night.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

BBG- good man. You know where the booze path leads.
KK- I remember once in '16 when I was walking out of the Burns unit- which at the time was my only real support. I had healed 'miraculously' well and I overheard one staff member tell another 'well, we will not HAVE to see HIM again'. I left in tears, because of pain from grafts - walking wasV/ painful (and that helped) and had a massive anxiety attack. The 'pity me' sort. It took a huge amount of effort to control breathing and keep walking. It worked- not miraculously, but enough to keep on. So- so well done for you. That is exactly what supports are for- meetings, sponsor, posting here- journal. For me it is art. Whatever it takes for me- not only to remain sober- but gain a little bit of resilience so next time (and there will be) I will cope a little better.
Caramel- lack of motivation is crud. And yes you are right , small things like airing the house make a difference. Fresh air, light- new scents. The effort made. I always use the basics- showering, washing dishes, bills, etc- as a bench mark for my emotional state. If I do not do stuff- then it may mean I need to pick up my game. This is especially true if people tell me (like my sponsor- who is a million years old) , I resist doing something because I am TOLD I SHOULD. Whether I do or not is not the point, you see- no one is the boss of me.
LadyB- I have this image of your kids looking at you and with a steely voice asking you if you ate your crayons, while you look guiltily at them with lots of colours around your mouth. Try doing some ART (yes everyone- ART,ART,ARET,ART). Crayons have a surpirising texture to them. I done a tree the other day.
Sam-5 k's is nowhere near shabby. Good one. We are on the Axis of Awesome! Perhaps we could start up our own superhero band. I could intellectualise enemies into submission. 'I am THINKO !!".
Purp- good for you with the card. How are you doin'? (Friends- Joey had that one down pat).
B- how are you and how is your son doing now?
My avatar tell you of my weekend. 11 hours work- has my name in it (John). It is like meditating- something to keep the brain thinking about while the brain is thinking. Saw counsellor and trawling through another sheath of paperwork. The reason I valued having MY own home was childhood memories of not having a family home. So a lot of anxiety, sadness. But life goes on. Weather here weird- the third week of autumn and 35C today.
Must be time for more coffee.
I will leave you with a wise thought I just had.........
. (:-)>
Old 03-19-2017, 05:14 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Hi everyone...checking in tonight. Had a good day....very unproductive but still okay....getting used to not doing a lot has always been tough for me....but working on it

BBG - great job turning down the beer!! Victory!! Take that AV!!

Caramel - excellent recognizing that the bad mood will pass in time and looking for some distraction to help move it on its' way. P.S What is a Salt Pig?

Kiki - panic attacks are the worst....glad you were able to work through the moment...proud of you!!

LB- hope all the baby bugs sleep well for you

PJ - "We are on the Axis of Awesome!" I love this!! And your new MP is magnificent!

Well off to make a tea...Honey Lullaby
Old 03-19-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Nightey - night Guru. Working on new MP now....
Old 03-19-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry you were triggered Kiki but I'm really glad you got through - whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger

How are things now Caramel?

Glad you're enjoying yourself Purplrks!

D
Thanks Dee! I love that saying..."whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger!" Thanks for the reminder!
Old 03-19-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post
Glad you talked and both agree to counseling.

Thanks CH!!!
Old 03-19-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Sounds like you are on the right track Kiki. Good for you. Just remember that drinking will not improve any situation!!!

You are so right BBG! In the moment it's hard to remember that though...isn't it?
Old 03-19-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Morning class!! Well after shopping with my girls on Thursday and then DH being off both Friday and yesterday, today feels like my first true day of vacation. I have worked out a plan for the next eight days that should help keep me sober and out of trouble. First thing on the agenda is the gym - I bought a two week pass to try out so wish me luck!!

Happy Sunday!!
That's great Sam! You are trying so hard and are really an inspiration to me! Love you!
Old 03-19-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
good for you KK.

Luck Sam

Thanks P!
Old 03-19-2017, 05:43 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Good morning!

Wishing you all a wonderful and sober Sunday. We are headed to the Crayola Factory today after church so should be a fun day for the little ones. Will check back in later. Love you all and proud of everyone

Sounds like a great day LB! I used to LOVE Crayola crayons when I was younger and colored ALL the time! I still find it therapeutic!
Old 03-19-2017, 05:43 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Old 03-19-2017, 05:44 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Don't tempt me woman - I am a just a man !!! Hahaha.

I'm glad you two are talking and seeking help and I hope things work out. Regardless of the outcome, you need to work through it in the right way, otherwise it just creates other issues.

Whirlwind tour begins in a few hours. I'll check in when I can.

Have an awesome Sunday everyone - You deserve it!!
Lol MITA! I'll let you know if marriage counseling fails.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Checking in. Brunch at the sorority house then heading home. It's been a great, peaceful weekend. Will catch up later. Have a great day, everyone!

I'm glad you are having such a great time Bobbie!