# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2016 part 41

last thread here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-40-a-20.html

D
Old 02-07-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun. I slipped again, but I swear I'm working on it. Thank you all for your support and congrats to all for fighting it off like I need to do.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have to believe you can do it Thirteenth and then you have to do it , with all that entails.

Some people wait decades and never get the chance to put stuff into action.

Don't be one of them - I'm still backing you to find a way through

D
Old 02-07-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wrapping up day 38 here. Please let me have some normal dreams tonight!

Good night Marchies!!
Old 02-07-2017, 08:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee. I think that's a big part of my problem, lack of belief/faith in myself. It's not dissimilar to earlier discussions regarding fear of happiness. I've gone so far mentally as to consider quitting my job to dump some stress but that's not realistic. What's realistic is learning to handle it and not running to the bottle, or beer can in my case.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Perhaps fear of happiness is more not being able/understand how to connect. For me. I will settle for being at peace (and alive).
Old 02-07-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

PR - Hope you have normal dreams tonight. Though last night's gave us a lot of laughs today!!

13th - still rooting for you!

Thanks for everything you do, Dee

Night all. Putting this day to bed. I hope AV learned its lesson today and doesn't bother looking for nickels tomorrow
Old 02-08-2017, 12:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Very hot here today. I am wise enough now not to pretend I enjoy very hot days. The sweaty, physically bankrupt specimens who stagger about the place with no hat, sunblock or water bottle saying a little bit too loudly 'I love this heat!'.
Another d & m with the great and powerful Aus. As my time is winding up- counselling wise, not starting anything more. Just going back over the crap I am aware of. So I should have packed it all away nicely and with closure by 2043. She tells me my progress has been 'remarkable'. That could be interpreted in a few different ways. Snakes are remarkable too. So are slugs.
I am a one percentile. Go figure. Perhaps I will get that tattooed on my head.

5 hours of glass painting. The one in the arty profile section- the reverse bird looking thing. A staff member is going to ask a local trendy 'cafe' (the sort where you sit on a box and drink cocktails out of a jam jar- so you do not look pretentious. ) if they would allow my glass arty thing to be heat treated in their pizza oven. Too big to fit in anything here. Someone has taken enough cutlery, crockery and glasses to supply 6 people. Go figure. Meant to be gym tomorry- will see, 42C may be too much for the burnt and broken bod. Very careful 'bout dat.
My blessings to you all.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Morning!! Just a quick check in on my way to work. I will not be drinking today!!
Old 02-08-2017, 02:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Thirteenth! Glad you're here. I can't make you believe in yourself but you should know that you have a lot of believers here!! ❤❤
Old 02-08-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well just shucks 'n be darned. I relapsed again!

But I know why and I know what I'm gonna' do about it.

I'll never give up!!! I will win!!!
Old 02-08-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you made it back BBG.

want to share the new plan - it might help others?

D
Old 02-08-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

BBG, there's a lot of definitions out there: slip, lapse, relapse, heavy drinking, etc. The researchers can't agree either, hard to pin them down. Please don't worry about the absolute. It's a worm hole.

Today is all we have. Stay sober everyone!
Old 02-08-2017, 04:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi BBG!! Glad you're back so quickly. And you're right....we will win!!
Old 02-08-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Morning class. Woke up to a dusting of snow and a headache. Crazy weather.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good morning!

BBG- shucks n be darned - but so glad you're back so quickly. Stop disappearing - even for a day. We worry you know.

13th - I feel like you are right there. It's going to click. Just don't forget to breath.

So - did you guys know most NA meetings are an hour and a half long - then everyone talks to each other and smokes cigarettes outside where it's cold? lol it's like my AA mtgs on steroids. Both times we have left, my son talked about the mtgs the entire way home. I pray this continues. Yesterday - lunch and the afternoon with my dad. Today he has to have breakfast and spend the morning w/ our cousin. I'm not letting him be alone.

Happy Wednesday!
Old 02-08-2017, 06:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thirteenth keep trying to post to us here before you drink- tell on yourself!! Be quick with that posting just like your shot gunning! I find when I tell on myself, I am most likely to not drink! Love you and glad to see you, and BBG too. Stronger together!

There's a little 6th grade girl in my town that just got diagnosed with influenza encephalitis and just like that, no brain activity. They have one more test this morning but the outlook is grim. Hug your loved ones tighter friends, things can happen so quickly and out of the blue. Just a few days ago she was playing her jazz band flute solo and now coma.

As for me, husband is home from his trip, daughter stopped puking, life is back to normal chaos. Hope you all have a great hump day!
Old 02-08-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Shucks n be darned!! We were looking for you the other day - don't you know when we call you, you're supposed to come home!!

That brings back such a strange memory - I grew up at a time and in a neighborhood where mothers would literally open the door and yell your name when it was dinner time. If you weren't close enough to hear her, word would soon find its way to you that it was time to go home. And you bet your butt you went home, pronto.

Thirteenth, keep at it - a little progress is better than no progress.

A little tired today, myself. That elusive good nights sleep. But it looks like a nice day out

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-08-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

AK - that is so sad. Life sure is unpredictable. Makes you realize how important it is to live it to the fullest..be present and all.

BBG - glad to see you back. Put those tools to work.

Bobbie - glad your son is excited about recovery. He's got one hell of a cheerleader by his side.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sorry Thirteenth and BBG, keep at it!!!

Today is day 39 for me. The longest I've ever gone, other than being pregnant, is 32 or 34 days. The 3 week mark is usually where things went south for me. Keep getting back on that horse!

Well I'm happy to report that Vlad and his big red toe stayed on his side of the world last night, at least I think so. I don't even remember what I dreamt last night which is extremely rate for me. I feel tired this morning because I couldn't get to sleep last night. Startin fluid to the rescue!

Have a great day everyone!