Notices

Class of March 2016 part 41

Old 02-09-2017, 02:58 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I can handle it D. I have a beard.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Morning!

Sleep interrupted...that's how I would describe my night. A lot of tossing and turning and woke up feeling much the same numbness as yesterday....blah. Going to work hard on turning it around today though...

PJ - sounds like you are truly impacting lives. No surprise really because you have touched so many here - mine included. Sending peace and love to you today

Well off to find some startin' fluid....
Old 02-09-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Morning class. Slept very solidly last night. Went to bed at 9:30! Guess I needed it. Migraine is mostly gone, but on the fence about going away completely. Maybe some startin' fluid will send it packing.

Hope everyone has a good one!
Old 02-09-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Sippin' startin' fluid and mapping out my day. I hope everybody has a great one!
Old 02-09-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good morning friends! I hope everyone has a great day. I'm headed to a meeting today & to run errands. The one thing I WON'T be doing is drinking! I promise!

Love you all!

Day 5
Old 02-09-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Talk more later!
Old 02-09-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

In the past, we kept right on drinking in spite of all the trouble we got into. We were foolish enough to believe that drinking could still be fun in spite of everything that happened to us. When we came into A.A., we found a lot of people who, like ourselves, had had fun with drinking, but who now admitted that liquor had become nothing but trouble for them. And when we found that this thing had happened to a lot of other people beside ourselves, we realized that perhaps we weren't such queer birds after all. Have I learned to admit that for me drinking has ceased to be fun and has become nothing but trouble?

Meditation for the Day

The lifeline, the line of rescue, is the line from the soul to God. On one end of the lifeline is our faith and on the other end is God's power. It can be a strong line and no soul can be overwhelmed who is linked to God by it. I will trust in this lifeline and never be afraid. God will save me from doing wrong and from the cares and troubles of life. I will look to God for help and trust Him for aid when I am emotionally upset.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that no lack of trust or fearfulness will make me disloyal to God. I pray that I may keep a strong hold on the lifeline of faith
Old 02-09-2017, 06:50 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

0119 Friday. Today holds much. All good. Will see before sharing.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Phoenix - good luck. Your jokes are painfully funny.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:23 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

B- thoughts to you and your family. Look after you.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
B- thoughts to you and your family. Look after you.
I second this Bobbie. Put the oxygen on YOU first. Otherwise you won't be able to be there for your son.

I made the mistake of putting myself 2nd to someone else's recovery at 5.5 years sober. Sadly, she (Melissa) died and because I hadn't been taking care of my OWN sobriety, I relapsed soon after she died from alcoholism. That was one of several factors that contributed to my relapse.

I only say this because I love you and worry. I have been worried for days. Just keep "you" first and you'll be ok. As a mom, I know it's really hard not to put our kids first but when it comes to the disease of alcoholism, we HAVE to! It's cunning, baffling, powerful and PATIENT!

Love you! Xo
Old 02-09-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thanks for the love and definitely for the concern.

I was just thinking about how grateful that I am that I get to walk this path with amazing people. I have told my son - "NO MATTER WHAT" your recovery comes first. Before seeing your daughter, before seeing your ex, your recovery is the most important thing you will do and it is first. I am trying really hard to live this myself.

Thanks for looking out for me. If I wander - pull me back. Love you guys.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:04 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Does anyone stay up too late (sober) and then regret it the next day? I keep making promises to myself that I will go to bed early & I never follow through and then I'm exhausted the next day! Being tired isn't good for sobriety. Ugh. Any tips?
Old 02-09-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Thanks for the love and definitely for the concern.

I was just thinking about how grateful that I am that I get to walk this path with amazing people. I have told my son - "NO MATTER WHAT" your recovery comes first. Before seeing your daughter, before seeing your ex, your recovery is the most important thing you will do and it is first. I am trying really hard to live this myself.

Thanks for looking out for me. If I wander - pull me back. Love you guys.
Don't worry! If I see red flags I'll call you out Bobbie! Please do the same for me! :-)
Old 02-09-2017, 08:12 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

KK- I stay up all hours- but fill it up with productivy things. Well at least that is what I tell myself. Tips- when I do sleep, I remind myself of now. To be mindful. A quiet, dim room with enough 'air'. I try not to eat after 2000. I said TRY! I do the mindful/breathy thing, running over the day just passed and the time of rest. Then to top it off- think some absurdly fanciful future- like being a trillionaire with the ability to spread good things to people in need- a dream man home with a dog and lots of wild ocean. And painting. And gum trees. And writing and music. And chooks. Oh all right, seeing it is my absurdity- 2 dogs and an alpaca.

B- to pull you back up, would crappy jokes help?
Old 02-09-2017, 08:14 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

and whales in the ocean. And lots of storms.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Your future sounds awesome, Phx. Maybe not that absurd.

Crappy jokes -- sure. If they're told by a beard.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I never joke about beards. In fact my words bear so much truth, they turn to solid oak before they reach your ears .

I stole that one.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Marchers!
Sorry about your loss, Kiki. And you know, it's been a rather long time since I stayed up late at all, really. Once I got my sleep regular once again, I go to bed the same time weekend or weekday. Plus, I just have no reason to stay up, lol. Maybe once I get my computer running at home once again, I'll start staying up playing silly video games.

Another dental appointment out of the way. They screwed the new crown onto my implant bolt thingy. I get the idea the dentist is going to be able to build a new wing onto their office in my honor with all the cash I've handed them.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

You're funny Phoenix! Sounds like a nice future!!!

Upstairs: starting tonight my goal is going to be to go to bed earlier and to try to stick to the same time every night. My problem....I get on my damn iphone and start reading, playing games, watching videos, etc! I need to stop that! Ha.