# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of February 2016 Part 22

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-21-a-20.html
Old 12-17-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Heyyy! I get to post first on the new thread

Penny- I love my adult coloring book. Good attention diversion tool, at least for awhile. I am so not crafty either

Great day......daughter interruptus....regrouping plans.....remembering program tools about handling expectations, conflict, needs..............trying to just deal with tonight and not whatever is going to happen for Christmas since now that is unsettled.

Hope you all have peaceful evenings.
A
Old 12-17-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pace
Old 12-18-2016, 04:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello August and Phoenix!
Glad to have a new thread. Our last one dragged out. Our fault for not posting more!

Enjoying a delicious cup of coffee and the pleasure that comes with not being sick anymore and 4 more little days of work until off until January 9th. It is going to be so great to get to rest, see family, and recharge.

Nothing special going on here. Just excited to find out which schools I get into and the next direction my life will take. Have been very reflective lately. I have had a great 21 year career but sobriety has definitely heightened (even more than it did when I was blounted) my desire to go back to school, learn, and do something else with my life. Can't wait. March 15th I should know all...hopefully sooner. In the meantime I'm gonna savor this thing we call....LIFE
Be good,
Lee
Old 12-18-2016, 04:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 12-18-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Morning all-
Love your post, Lee! Enjoy your time just like you said - and share lots of your goings on with us

Both my Bible study app and today's devotional focused on being calm when afraid or worried, which is apropos for the uncertainty now cropping up around holiday plans. We are going to work through it and have the basics of a plan - I just have to let it go and keep doing my part in communication and trust.

Day 299....love hitting the next 100

Happy Sun to all-
A
Old 12-18-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, happy Sunday to all and happy midnight-ish to PJ and Dee, and evening to our OT

Have psyche appt tomorrow, I'm sure a med adjustment will happen. I go from depressed (Not just a down mood) to highly anxious to pretty good, in too rapid of a time frame. Will see what is happening here.

I found some non leather boots online to replace the pooped on ones! That was a micro happy due to my very odd recentish issue with clothes and things. And it was below 40 last night,.hooray! Major weather these parts. Hope everyone is staying warm, or cool to our Aussies!

PHRD, chill time after working so much not a bad thing! Lee, truly am thrilled for you!
Old 12-18-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Evening all. Christmas shopping is done. Bought a basket, tissue paper, ribbon, etc, to put my best friend's presents in. Really looking forward to setting that up tomorrow.

Thanks for the new thread Dee!

Hope all goes well tomorrow Penny.

Countdown to Day 300 August!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Lee, applied to any big ones?
Old 12-18-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Poop scraping- yuk.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Happy sober Sunday, errrrbody.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,
Happy Sober Monday! Haven't counted in a while, so today is week 42 for me. So proud. This has been such a globally-politically-odd-ish year, that I am glad I have been present and in the moment for 10 months of it.

Don't be alarmed but I am heading back to my doctor this morning. My antibiotics, steroids, inhaler, etc have run out, and though I am 75% better, I don't think if I get checked out I could get sick again. I think I just need another round so I can be healthy over the holidays. I have a great doctor that I have known since I was 21 and his diagnoses are near-perfect. I just think that, as an asthmatic, I was literally opening the front door to pneumonia when I finally saw him on December 9th, and the meds have helped greatly, but I ran out on Friday and they just weren't long enough to kill this stuff. So I am not dreading the appointment. I will also be doing some light travel over the holidays (Atlanta) and I CANNOT go anywhere without an inhaler. It would be dangerous, especially if any animals are around.

On the plus side, I have been getting TONS of sleep, just at odd hours, so I have my days and nights mixed up. I am up all night then sleep from when I get home from work until like 11. So I am getting a good 7 hours of sleep but they are like night-nurse hours, and I ain't a nurse! Teaching is an EARLY UP EARLY LEAVE job. I'm so glad to be getting sleep though. There is no substitute.

Have a great Monday everyone! 6 more days and I hit the big 300 days----5 for your PHRD!
Be good!
Lee
Old 12-18-2016, 11:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's a great idea to go back to your Dr. Lee.

I've learned the lesson of never being without effective asthma treatment.

D
Old 12-19-2016, 12:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Morning all. Maths master revision day, going to pass some of my wisdom to my sister hopefully.

Good thinking Lee.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Drs are good to use, Lee. Why I hesitated a little about seeing mine this last go round, not sure - as I always preach using them- and very glad I did. You are taking care of yourself!

The teaching is early in/early out thing made me smile. Being with someone in education, and me working in a restaurant....there is a "slide" of hours in our typical schedules for sure! Late in/late out for me.

Off to a pretty long day - got the night of 23rd and al 24th (and of course 25th) off as requested so we are working on plans. Christmas will be a whole different thing this year and I am cautiously looking forward to it.

Take care-
A
Old 12-19-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

OT, that's great you are helping your sis. Would have been impossible if still drinking!

Lee, yeah I need to see pdoc also for an inhaler too! I get nervous without it, even tho I don't need it much. I'm allergic to cats, lmao, but that's controlled by zyrtec and singular. Wood smoke, some dogs , ack! Of course I pet every dog I see if okay with their person, about 1/4 or less I react to. Do you react differently depending on the cat or dog?

August, I'm thinking this will be a great Christmas for you, really I do. Tks for good wishes re psych. I really wanted to wean down from those meds, but now is not the time I guess.

On another note, I have been taking theanine with my morning coffee. It does seem to cut down on the jitters, my experience only. Decaf gives me indigestion so out of the picture.

OOTT, PJ, glad to see you both ! Xoxo
Old 12-19-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Evening all. So easy to get distracted during the holidays. Ended up devoting a large portion of my day watching xmas movies.
Saw a guy I used to work with today, last time I saw him I was daily drinking and my life was going nowhere. Now I'm waiting to hear back from top universities and studying science. It's great!

Well done on getting those days off August.

Very true Penny. My sister had a tough time when I was drinking, still feeling guilty.
I've cut out caffeine completely now, makes my hands too shaky.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hello All. Santa is near. I know some struggle with the holidays. I do like Santa Claus though. Let us know what the dr says lee. When are you supposed to hear back about schools?
Old 12-19-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey Badge!
Old 12-19-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well, I have pneumonia, but since I've been on antibiotics for 9 days it is mild. So I took today off and slept. Feel relatively OK, just really sleepy and hard to wake up. But I got 5 more prescriptions and I should be good to go. Or at least embalmed.

Got into my first school today! It is my 3rd choice because it is local, but it is a GREAT program and I would definitely go to it. My 1st and second choices I will have to wait until March 15th, but just knowing I got into in one makes all the difference!

Have a great one all. Hey Badge!
Lee
Old 12-20-2016, 01:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good morn'. Handing out Christmas presents today, got a Santa hat for the occasion.

Very well done Lee!