Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 11-26-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I MOVED!!! I'm on a sweet XPED 4 inch camping mat. I'm at my friend's (the one I helped and cleaned her apartment all up). It's just an efficiency but it's nice in here. It's a very nice efficiency. So we're sleeping in the same room. This camping pad is unreal. There's scented candles burning. Time for bed.

The couch and chair, and coffee table etc, went to the dump today. My brother and I hauled it. My nephew grabbed my good bed and TV. I dropped my cable box and modem at UPS (bye bye cable bill!!) There is still a little stuff in the apartment, but only things to organize and get in storage (a few bins). I also need to pack.

I'm glad I have Sunday through Wednesday to finish up, and I'm not doing everything last minute. Clearing the apartment early was smart. I hardly have any shopping to finish. It should be a pretty chilled out 4 days. I thought it was wise to move myself away from the apartment. I'm just done done with it now.

I did it! And, I'm ahead of schedule in my preparations. I'm still going to squeeze in a couple more sales of my stuff. Hey, every $50 adds up, that is obvious now.

Also I did not sabotage this. I'm not crying like a baby that I can't do this (really, I normally would be doing that). I didn't quit. I didn't return to booze and stagnation. This is a MONUMENTAL CHANGE.

Ok, time for sleep. Thanks check in soon
Old 11-26-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Penny it feels amazing to get rid of EVERYTHING. OMG. As I carried out the bed, and couch and stuff today I was like "Stuff sucks." Anyway I'm down to a travel amount of belongings.

Also I cheated like all heck on my diet on Thanksgiving. Whole Foods cherrry pie has got to be the best thing on Earth. I brought it yo my sisters. Oooohhhhh maaahhhhhh gaaaahhhh. I paid the price a little but recovered in 24 hours.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go, V

D
Old 11-26-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Viper, wow, great progress! I've reclaimed several rooms by slowly purging closets and bins of stuff. I am passionate about using recycle and donation boxes which husband just doesn't care about. I resisted cleaning out things but now feel so much more in control I have gotten rid of so much. Since July I am healthier, sadder, lonelier, but sober. It will take time to balance my life but feeling good about reclaiming my home from clutter and grime.
Old 11-26-2016, 11:16 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Had some weird feelings this weekend but am eating a jelly donut at the moment.
Weekends about done-back tobetter eating.
First completely sober holiday season !
Old 11-27-2016, 12:19 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Haven't posted myself for a bit but checking all the new ones. I think a few of us are envious of your new start Viper, must feel so liberating to ditch all that stuff that ties us down.

No longer counting days but it's over 4 months now.

Take care all.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:02 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats 5upersonic and JL

D
Old 11-27-2016, 07:49 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Still going here. I was up at 5:30am this morning and going to sleep now at almost 11pm. That's just nuts for me. Wow.

Thanks
Old 11-27-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Still going here. I was up at 5:30am this morning and going to sleep now at almost 11pm. That's just nuts for me. Wow.

Thanks
Good going!
Old 11-28-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Viper you are crushing it! I am so happy for you! Happy for all of us.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Just had dinner with a work associate who I've got blind drink with just about every time we've met previously, normally 2 or 3 times a year. The next morning is always particularly nasty, but not this time. He seemed a bit shocked and deflated when I explained I wouldnt be drinking, but we had dinner anyway and he had a few drinks without getting drunk. I thought we had a good time, I hope he feels the same.

Ive always feared telling this particular person, and its been the cause of failed attempts in the past. Strange because we arent that close really. It feels like Ive defeated a big obstacle tonight.

Just one more such obstacle remains, 2 old friends I'll be meeting up with weekend after next.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Uh....2 days ago my 18 ur old son packed up and came to live with us. Going to take theGED placement test in the morning at a local college,goto class get his GED, then go to welding school.
His mother and stepdad have done nothing but scream rant and rave about How hell not pass.idsmoke fkn crack if i grew up in thathouse. Goditssoawful.
And my phone sucks to type on ! Lol
Old 11-30-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I'm so thankful to be sober.
Thank you Higher Power !
Old 12-01-2016, 11:12 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Good going JL!

Whatever life threw at me, good or bad, I would need a drink to deal with it. Seems crazy now.

Have a good Friday all.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:05 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday people
Old 12-04-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday !
Old 12-06-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi , hope everyone is well
Old 12-06-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I'm in a total life crisis. It was a huge shock to the system after 19+ years in the same building and 21 years in the same town. Plus I left my friend behind and she is alone.

I went to a condo with my sister in FL and it is not working out. I said I'd do yoga everyday and I'm exhausted and depressed. Constant fighting with her is exhausting me more and more, and making me want to drink. Big bleeping deal, I'm not in a yoga class. "I need to keep learn to keep my commitments." I haven't been drinking for basically 6 months, and I just left everything I've ever known, GIVE IT A REST. So it's either go to yoga or fly home, which is so absurd that I think flying home is the best answer, because it's ridiculous. I am absolutely unable to enjoy this beautiful place. It's all pressure.

CT is dark and cold all day now, I can see it in Facebook photos of friends. It's so overcast that they start losing all light at 3pm.

Plus we were going to go on a trip which would have been amazing from here and it's off because if all the fighting.

She's sheer drama, but thinks the opposite. She thinks she's above drama. Plus it's "Time to become a man and get a job time" BS. Not a minute of breathing room.

She thinks she's helping me. It's hurting me. Still sober despite all this.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

At home I was getting up at 5:30 and here, I'm so stressed I can't get out of bed. This is just ridiculous.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Viper- was passing through and caught your post. Change can be very stressful. Plus on top of that the family dynamic. Remember to think about HALTS(ad). The 'T' of course can be either tired and/or thirsty. Also perhaps getting to a local f2f meeting? You have pinpointed your sobriety- which is of course so important and so very well done. Perhaps set some achievable goals- establish your space in the condo where you can have quiet time- for meditation. Make an effort to go to a yoga class. Staying in in bed is an option yes, however I think that is not what you want to do.
Keep posting, thoughts and prayers to you. PJ