Class of June 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 11-05-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
nmd

Hello peeps, Day 27 for me
Old 11-06-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

5months and 7 hours sober!

According to my nomo app I'm 5 months and 7 hours sober now!

I wish my June peeps would check in and let me know all is well and we're still on the journey together. Holidays are approaching and I'll need y'all!
NMD: stick to it!!!!

I've been cleaning out my rental property and have caught myself having a sever case of ADHD and can't focus. I'm sure it's because of the list of crap that needs to get done. I pulled carpet in all the bedrooms and mopped the concrete with bleach. One bedroom has a really bad stitch I can't put my finger on. So weird!!! I'll be back over there again today.
I went to homedepot alone yesterday and instead of buying stuff I needed I caught myself in the Christmas section looking at the shiner junk...

Hope everyone has a SOBER Sunday!
Old 11-06-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hello sfm

Sorry I have been away from here for a while. Been so busy. I have now sold both houses and had an offer accepted on a house. So it's been manic here. So much to do and remember.

I am worried about my memory just recently. Today I was out walking & said to my husband, 'I have never seen strawberries being grown like that before' then I said 'silly me, they aren't strawberries, they are loganberries'. I am a keen gardener and I certainly know the difference and I also knew they were raspberries but my brain appeared not to

Need to start thinking about packing but can't get into the right frame of mind and get my head straight enough to organise myself.

I will try to check in more sfm, when were the rest of June's class here?
Old 11-06-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nmd View Post
Hello peeps, Day 27 for me
Keep going nmd, you can do this
Old 11-08-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Day 155

Day 155 for SFM!

It's now just a lifestyle and doesn't even bother me other than those moments of crap I don't want to deal with. You know like a PITA husband and a rental proper issue that doesn't seem to be getting better. Son has a double knee injury from basketball and I have to take him to an orthopedic sports medicine doctor Thursday at the request of his doctor. More money to dish out... especially when you have a title like that. Orthopedic Sports Medicine doctor... wtf thats a mouth full!
Yeah, I'm an Accountant ... much easier to say my profession and I'm sure I'm paid way less than him.
Today is election day, we shall see who our next leader is. This election has seriously brought out the crazy in alot of people, it's been interesting to watch it. Not the presidential candidates but the Americans acting crazy over it. WOW!

Anyhow: JG I was happy to see you this morning and whohoo on selling the casa!!! Now that you're getting a new one it'll be fun getting it set up and starting a new life in a new place! ((HUGS))
Old 11-08-2016, 10:32 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Day 141 for me............

Thank you sfm, yes it will be nice setting up a new home, just got to get there first. So much packing to do. We only moved 2 years ago and I don't know where all this stuff has come from. Feeling a little stressed by it as my husband has done nothing towards this move. He is still at the rental and is acting as if everything here and at our holiday let is for me to sort out .

I suppose being sober gives you a clear mind to think about things.

When we moved in 2014, my Mum had just had a massive stroke and I lived at the hospital for a week. During that time I dealt with all the legal stuff and arranged removals etc etc from the side of her bed, I am not sure what he did. He even said he doesn't have a home but will have when the purchase goes through. I think we may move before Christmas but his lease doesn't run out till February, he said he will come stay at the new place at weekends and then move in Feb, guess he wants it all nice before he moves his stuff in

I hope you get that rental sorted soon. Will you sell or are you going to try and get a decent tenant when it's all straight?

My husband is still drinking, but only at weekends, just a couple of beers but it still p*sses me off. I am still smoking (one thing at a time) and he has never smoked, he dared to complain about the smell of cigarettes on me - how about I can really smell the booze on him!? Has your husband reduced his alcohol or is there not a problem?

I hope everyone is just busy with living a sober life but if they listened to AV I hope they come back soon.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Day 156

Good morning peeps!
Welp it looks like we have a new Leader that will definately make some changes to our country. Lets see how this one plays out... again with the popcorn watching over here.

JG: yeah he still drinks quite a bit. Things have changed between us lately, lots of struggles in our marriage that weren't there before when I was drinking. I think I must've just let stuff go when I was drinking to avoid the fights and now I don't. I'm not as passive and I don't allow the gaslighting on his part anymore. I'm just tired of it, not going to fight with him over his stupid crap. He says and does things and doesn't see any wrong doing and I can't let that stuff go anymore.

The rental property thing is up in the air. At this point yes we'll get new tenants but if this marriage thing doesn't get better it might just be smart to sell, split the money and carry on.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:18 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
nmd

Hi guys, things are sort of par for the course here. Busy with the kids schedules, work, family, etc. We decided to host thanksgiving for our family (3 weeks away), so lots of cleaning up around the house to do. My wife insists on doing things she isn't supposed to with her back issues, so I'm going to need my kids help. I'm very happy though, life is just full of activity. Day 32

The election was a tough one. There's just a tremendous amount of hatred in this country. Hopefully the president elect will speak out against some of it and bring things back to some sort of normal. It seems the election acted as a trial balloon for the extreme right wing, for the klan to come out of their hole in the ground and to inspire a lot of anonymous acts of vandalism with nazi/hate propaganda. It's ugly, and if he doesn't speak against it, it will only get worse I'm afraid.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
nmd

Thanksgiving is two weeks away, clearly I want awake yet
Old 11-10-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Lost count of what day I'm on. Coming up on 6 months. 1 month into the new job and things are going well. It's a 3 minute walk from the building I live in so being so close means no commute. I wake up at 8:30am, shower/dress, pick up coffee and I'm at my desk by 9am. City living at its finest.

Hope everyone is doing well. Onward we go June class.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:13 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
nmd

Great seeing you Wastinglife! Life is good
Old 11-12-2016, 03:00 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Glad to see you here WL. Life has certainly picked up for you in the past 6 months. So happy for you and pleased that you are enjoying your working life. And to think, a few months ago you were saying you were unemployable,

nmd- so glad to see you are still doing great -

sfm - don't do anything too hasty, re the husband! Give it time, maybe things will get better as you adjust to the sober life. My attitude has changed a lot towards my husband and I will not put up with the sh&t anymore caused by his daughters selfishness & his inability to stand up to them and stand up for me. I now speak my mind, calmly and clearly to him, as now there is no alcohol fuddled conversation, where he can later twist what I said. I KNOW ''what I said pal, I was SOBER''!! I love that word - SOBER SOBER SOBER

Life here is just packing, packing and keeping my fingers crossed that the buyers don't pull out and that nothing goes wrong. I keep telling myself that if something does go wrong, it will just mean I am where I was almost 5 months ago, except I will be sober But between you and me I will be gutted!
Just recently, I have had several thoughts about sitting and chilling with a glass of wine, but it's just thoughts and they pass - I remind myself that only one glass would not be where it ends ............. and I won't go back to those dark days when I first found SR. It's difficult when everyone around you is drinking and I guess Christmas will be difficult too but I did it before and everything was OK, it was normality for me then and it didn't bother me seeing people drinking, in fact I was glad I wasn't. Some people make a complete idiot out of themselves, when drinking (especially me)!Thankfully I can still remember those sober days and that is what I want. I think it helps that this was my decision for me, I am not doing this so I can be with my husband but so I can be with me.
Have a fabulous sober weekend everyone
Old 11-13-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day 160

Good morning fam!
I'm on day 160 of this journey... is it still a journey or now just life as a SOBER person? Nothing new here just getting ready for thanksgiving and working on that rental property. We have an open house today for my sons 9th grade class, weird that I have to go to a high school for my own child. Can't believe I'm going to be a parent to a kid in high school, seems weird. I don't feel old enough and he doesn't seem mature enough for high school. The hell?

Anyhow, it's starting to feel like the holidays, I started my Santa shopping already and still have more to do. I'm planning my thanksgiving baking session and can't wait to see my family. I'm creating a photo booth with props and a pretty Fall background. My mom lives on land and has horses and longhorns right by her house. It will look pretty in the silly pics we take. I'm putting lights and pumpkins etc so it'll look pretty. Anyhow I kind of went off on this thread! Sorry!!!

JG: you're doing great, I hope they don't pull out either and you're able to move on with a new start. We know we all deserve it!

WL: love seeing you checking in!

Nmd: Glad you're staying around too!!!

Happy SOBER Sunday!!!
Old 11-15-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Day 151...closing in on 5 months.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:06 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats soberforme and gatorman

D
Old 11-15-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hello gatorman & sfm - glad to see you here. Well done on the milestones. I don't want to ever overtake your milestones, Day 147 for me
The early days seem so long ago but not that long ago that I have forgotten the blackness that brought me to SR. I don't dwell too much on it but I am not sure I ever want to let go of that memory.
It's miserable here AGAIN! We need some sunshine but this is England so there is not much chance of that
But better awful weather and be sober than sunshine and drunk.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Mr

Just popping in to say hello.
Great to see you all doing so good.
Take care and happy recovery.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
nmd

JG, I think we all have had some bad episode or multiple that brought us to SR. I can't remember exactly what bc it was 2 1/2 years ago but I know I've had multiple drunken fights that nearly broke up my relationship with my now wife. Also drunken driving, losing my temper with my kids, declining health, inability to function at work, one broken marriage, and of course a total inability to control how much I drank despite trying for years and years. I first started tracking drinks on a calendar close to 8 years ago. I started drinking and binge drinking in my early 20s. I knew I was abusing it, but my friends at the time would talk about how they "learned how to drink when they were young". It seemed like I just needed more practice, that with time I would be more a more mature drinker and less of a mess. I certainly learned to "how to drink", and drink and drink. Ther only difference was I couldn't stop. I didn't become some more sophisticated version of myself.

I don't think I will ever forget the stupid things I have done when drunk (unless they were in a black out of course), but I don't know that reason or shame ever kept me sober. The opposite really, the further down a hole I went, the more I drank.

Seeing how good life can be sober really is a motivator though. Being here with other people's going through the same journey is a motivator. Waking up sober every day is. I never want to go back to that bleak desparate place.

Sorry for the rant. Day 38 I believe.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
nmd

Hi vman and gatorman! Good to see you around
Old 11-18-2016, 01:52 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Sober 5 months today!!! Just want to say thanks to SR for site and support. I wouldn't have made it without you!