Notices

Class of June 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 10-05-2016, 10:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know no harm done Vman - it's a commercial link anyway which is verboten.

D
Old 10-05-2016, 11:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Whoops sfm - but I did find it funny though. . .
Yesterday was a nightmare. Stayed over at the husbands 'bolt hole' and he leaves for work at 5 am. I got up at 6 am to find myself locked in! He left a note to say he would pick up the keys from our home later in the day, idiot had locked the door and taken the keys. I did try to climb through the window but even with the weight loss, there was no way I could get through such a small gap. My phone battery had died and I was stuck inside until 3 pm when he finally came back, after he had been to our house to collect the keys, that were in his pocket! My worst nightmare is being locked inside somewhere, I reacted badly, afterwards I realised I must have looked like a scared cat when it has been locked inside somewhere for days! I am trying to laugh about it now but still find it hard to. The anxiety keeps rising up His reaction was not great and it has made me question once again our relationship. If he can't understand the fear he could at least understand that it is real and not me just being melodramatic. Anyway, today I am at home where I am free
I need to get my ass into gear. My job won't start until January now and I can feel the days drifting by. It's over 4 months since myself and all my colleagues were made redundant and I need to start feeling like I am doing something with my life. I am also conscious of the weather changing and I know the short days are impending. I am not great in the winter and I need to make sure I make the most of what daytime we have. Any ideas??
Old 10-06-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day 122

Good morning June peeps!

It's Day 122 for me and life is normal! I pulled out the Halloween stuff and have my porch decorated for the up and coming trick or treaters! Bummer that it falls on a Monday this year though. Unfortunately in Texas it still feels like Summer, today's high is 92. I call BS on this, ready for the chilly weather to kick in so I can start cooking Fall meals and fatten us all up.
Its funny how when I first stopped drinking I looked forward to going to work so I could keep my mind focused on something other than the thoughts of drinking. Every hour counted in the start of this journey. Now, I can't wait to have vacation time and be off for the holidays just to relax, sleep, exercise, clean house, cook holidays junk just anything other than work. I'm so thankful I reached this point, I really did not think that 122 days ago that I would ever be at this point. I was on a huge downward spiral when I started this and never ever realized I could actually be NORMAL! I haven't been normal since I was 17 and I'm realized how much I missed because I drank so much all the time.
Anyhow that was my little journal entry for the day! Where is our norms??/ We're missing people!

Happy SOBER Thursday!
Old 10-06-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JG62 View Post
Whoops sfm - but I did find it funny though. . .
Yesterday was a nightmare. Stayed over at the husbands 'bolt hole' and he leaves for work at 5 am. I got up at 6 am to find myself locked in! He left a note to say he would pick up the keys from our home later in the day, idiot had locked the door and taken the keys. I did try to climb through the window but even with the weight loss, there was no way I could get through such a small gap. My phone battery had died and I was stuck inside until 3 pm when he finally came back, after he had been to our house to collect the keys, that were in his pocket! My worst nightmare is being locked inside somewhere, I reacted badly, afterwards I realised I must have looked like a scared cat when it has been locked inside somewhere for days! I am trying to laugh about it now but still find it hard to. The anxiety keeps rising up His reaction was not great and it has made me question once again our relationship. If he can't understand the fear he could at least understand that it is real and not me just being melodramatic. Anyway, today I am at home where I am free
I need to get my ass into gear. My job won't start until January now and I can feel the days drifting by. It's over 4 months since myself and all my colleagues were made redundant and I need to start feeling like I am doing something with my life. I am also conscious of the weather changing and I know the short days are impending. I am not great in the winter and I need to make sure I make the most of what daytime we have. Any ideas??
-Yeah i didn't even realize that place was a bar sorry guys I had to google it, never even heard of it.

I would freak out too if I was locked in a house, I would actually be pretty pissed about it. JG- the weather change, seasons and all that is going to be a weird thing for me too. My go to in the winter is drinking and eating. I went on pintrest and pulled up non alcoholic festive drinks the other day to get ready for it. I'm looking forward to peppermint hot chocolate and also just trying new drinks to consume in place of my normal beer. I don't have alot of suggestions on helping you get through since I'm right there with you. All I can offer is ((HUGS)) and know that when things get real just login here because I seemed to always be here ya know. Positive thoughts okay! Holidays are going to be extremely difficult but I'm glad we're this far in and have alot more self control than before.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Yow, JG. Sounds harrowing. I would have been pretty friggin' angry when all was said and done.

Day 109. Hope everyone has (has had) a happy sober Friday!
Old 10-07-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello new to this group. I hope u are all well. Been following different forums for awhile and never joined. Seen the month i quit in so thought i wld pop in.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hope0603- welcome to the board!!!
Old 10-08-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
sober style

Hi Hope! All the regulars too.

Things are about the same for me, 122 days done now. Watching my A&M guys put the hurtin' on Tennessee here.
Old 10-10-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day 126

Good morning peeps!

Day 126 for me and everything is still the same here. I'm exhausted but that's only because my dog kept me up all night and I have to be in the office by 6am. No fun!

Hope everyone has a Sober week and we start seeing more June people check in on here. It's been super slow lately.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
sober style

I don't post in this thread as much as I did in the early days, but I'll always be a June 2016 guy and will always greatly appreciate the camaraderie and support we shared when we were starting out.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Howdy folks. Most of Monday is in the books, and I just turned in a massive project, so I'm feeling fine! Hope all is well with everyone else. Day 112 for me. Sixteen weeks.

Peace!
Old 10-10-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going guys

D
Old 10-11-2016, 03:16 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberforme06061 View Post
Good morning peeps!

Day 126 for me and everything is still the same here. I'm exhausted but that's only because my dog kept me up all night and I have to be in the office by 6am. No fun!

Hope everyone has a Sober week and we start seeing more June people check in on here. It's been super slow lately.
Checking in, day 112 for me. I only know this because I used the calculator. I find that I rarely think about drink now. Not sure if that's a good thing, just hope it doesn't just creep up on me .....
I haven't been on so much because when I spend time with my husband I don't have access to the internet and also not much to report. The house is still up for sale and now we are entering the slow house selling period I am not holding out much hope for anything anytime soon.
I haven't been locked in any houses recently so that's a good thing and yes I was pretty annoyed about it.
I hope that those who haven't checked in recently are just too busy enjoying their sobriety. We all have so much to feel proud of
Old 10-11-2016, 03:18 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go JG

D
Old 10-11-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I think it's 4 months today but honestly I've kinda lost track. It's just a not-so-new normal. Although my psych was right it does keep getting better every day. More energy, etc., etc. 5 months ago if I had heard that I would have said "yeah right that's just you trying to talk yourself out of drinking." Well - not really. You get your brain working right - or at least better - and darned if it doesn't produce better thoughts. Who knew.

Anyway all is well here in Texas. Come to Dallas and see the State Fair which is in full swing.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

I'm overly fascinated with counting sober days. It's like, every day I can do a tiny little celebration as the number grows. Even if the rest of my day sucks, I always have that positive thought in the back of my head.

This morning at 2:00, my 3yo daughter woke up crying, so I got up and calmed her down. When I got back into bed, I saw that I had just 3 more hours before the alarm. I had a distinct memory of what it would've been like when I was drinking--miserable, dehydrated, and unable to fall back asleep because of the overwhelming anxiety about all of the things I wouldn't be able to get done at work in my condition. I was so happy that I am no longer in that place, and at peace with myself this morning. It felt so good.

Anyway, Day 113 for me. Take care, Junes.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Bump to keep us on the front page.

Day 114.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Mr

Hi all me old class mates.
Im over in the october calls now. Gone back to baby infants.
Anyone have any news of my birthday twin WastingLife (we were both born on the 18th Aug 1976). I sent him a PM but got nothing back.... Great going all the class !!
Vinny
Old 10-13-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
U75
I look young for my age.

Hiya Vman. Keep at it. Use October for support, but know that you'll always belong here as well. I've seen WL around, I think, in the Weekender thread, but I don't recall when I last saw his post.

Day 115 for me. I'm long past the "pink cloud" stage, but lately I've been having these moments of overwhelming peace and gratification when I reflect on the changes I've wrought in my life over the past four months. The "pink cloud" stage is like when you have a crush on someone, but now, that crush has deepened into true love for my sobriety.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Mr

Originally Posted by U75 View Post
Hiya Vman. Keep at it. Use October for support, but know that you'll always belong here as well. I've seen WL around, I think, in the Weekender thread, but I don't recall when I last saw his post.

Day 115 for me. I'm long past the "pink cloud" stage, but lately I've been having these moments of overwhelming peace and gratification when I reflect on the changes I've wrought in my life over the past four months. The "pink cloud" stage is like when you have a crush on someone, but now, that crush has deepened into true love for my sobriety.
Hello U75 you changed your avatar
Im happy for you. Moments of overwhelming peace sounds nice.
I intend never to pick up again indeed i will never give up.