One Year & Over Part 39

Old 07-21-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mr Robot season 2 is intense

Evening everyone
Old 07-21-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Nice and warm today, haven't really had any very hot weather yet this summer. Going to a black lives matter event tonight by myself. It'll be a pain to find parking downtown so I plan on getting there early. I'm making a sign---ch ch change is needed- stop the kkk illing. a little ode to Bowie I guess and I saw the kkkilling on another protest sign. Feel weird going there by myself but I don't know anyone else who gives a crap. Hopefully one of my friends from my atheist agnostic group will be there--she's how I knew about it. Still in floral but I helped yesterday in the meat and liked it. There's a lot of cool new stuff like new scales and a little freezer so you don't have to go back to the freezer all the time to fill stuff. They forgot to put a sink in the floral (unbelievable) and there's still construction stuff all around and guys in there. I was able to work in the area a little after they'd gone so that was nice. Turns out the cooler they put in takes up most of the area and there's less counter space than there was before. That's bad. You need a big space to process flowers when you get them, plus there's no space for the buckets you put them in and you can't easily get a cart through--it's really tight with a heavy wood swinging door. I'm glad about the decision I made. Sad because I'll miss the job as it was with Haggen but it really changed for the worse at Albertsons. Asked if I could switch my Thursday for Saturday off because of warehouse difficulties we haven't got flowers for over a week and they are probably coming today but no--can't have a whole 2 days off (I'm actually working in the meat Sunday) on the weekend. So I'll get 2 loads Friday--so much fun. Gonna enjoy my day off!
Old 07-21-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
Mr Robot season 2 is intense

Evening everyone
Crap I must have missed another one. Can't remember what night it's on. I'll look it up on on demand.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Do your best

On Amazon it's Thursdays BF x
Old 07-21-2016, 09:45 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
On Amazon it's Thursdays BF x
It's on Wed. night on USA, same time as wayward pines. It's ok, I can find it on demand using the search button--it's weird you can only find season 1 when you look in the tv shows. Did get caught up today when I was making my signs.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:51 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Went to the rally. It was put on by a group that focused on getting white people to stand against racism. Had a great turn out probably low estimate around 300. I did the ch ch change is needed, stop the kkkilling on one side of my sign and on the other No Justice no peace with a peace sign in red glitter. Saw my friend from the aa group and my old yoga teacher! It was a good thing.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys, had intermittent internet the last few days, so belated congrats mags on 3 years!
As to drinking in the hot weather, I used to have a few 'Ice Cold in Alex' moments when I first quit, the desire for that cold late with the frosted glass was strong. Now of course I know that nothing quenches my thirst like a cold fizzy water.

Will check in later xx
Old 07-22-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

The heat isn't nearly as bad as I'd feared as we had some unexpected rain that helped to cool things down a bit. Typical hot and humid July weather, but nothing too extreme.

Have a Fantastic Friday, overs!
Old 07-22-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

A busy day again - I've taken on too much (as usual). I had promised myself I wasn't going to do this . Time to seriously retrench so I have plenty of time to smell the roses.

Have a fabulous day, Overs!
Old 07-22-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Greets all! Been a bit AWOL here lately, but you can't get rid of me that easy!

Congrats on 3 Mags! You are an inspiration!

Cunning, baffling, powerful... that is how alcoholism (and addiction in general) is described in the Big Book. How true. More than three years off the dang stuff and every once in awhile my addict whispers "wouldn't a nice cocktail be great right now??" "Go buy a little bottle and keep it on hand... just have one now and then." Thankfully I can tell the little *&%#^ where to go and not indulge. The last time I had an accidental sip of vodka (drink mix up in restaurant about 2 years ago) I could not stand the taste of the nasty stuff... so why you keep after me addict?

Otherwise, hotter than blazes and dry here. Last night a tree limb fell from a Bradford Pear on the property. They are weak and obnoxious trees (albeit lovely when in bloom) so it was likely the heat and dry conditions that snapped it.

HRH Olive snorts her greetings, being hot she has been inside napping in front of AC vent and fan.

Have a great weekend Overs!
Old 07-22-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

It's funny Drake, that voice...

What exactly do we think we need to keep it on hand FOR?
To kill ourselves?
To destroy ourselves only a little bit?
To remember what self-loathing truly looks like?
Just in case...we want to go back....to what exactly? Madness?

That voice reminds me that the AV sticks around for a long, long time.

Snorts back to darling Olive. And huge hugs for you.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Magsie

Talking

Hi overs. Hot and clammy weather here...may get rain later.hopefully.

Drake I have the voice, the thought, fleetingly, I think it will be around for a while, albeit quietly! A work colleague stopped smoking about 2 years ago and she says every now and then something says have a cig. She doesn't but she says she doesn't know where the thought comes from.

Suze. Got more tomatoes today off my tomato PLANTS! .

Sassy. Steady on.... It's a marathon not a sprint! Especially in this weather. The smiley face was supposed to be here but..I did it wrong! Lol.

Hope everyone keeping week hydrated, I guess it's normal in Australia , all this heat!
Old 07-22-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm so looking forward to tonight's thunderstorm hopefully some sheet lightning such beautiful purple auras against the night sky
Old 07-22-2016, 09:06 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hi. Overs!

Snorts back to HRH; nice to see you Drake.

Yes....that voice. It comes from time to time. I learned around here from folks to be on high-alert after surviving a function like a party, birthday, holiday. I'd say it is true for me. (" wow! Look at how great you did not drinking at that birthday dinner- you're in control now, have one"). nope- control isn't in my vocabulary.

My DH is ill with an intestinal virus; doc thinks it's norovirus. The poor guy has been up and down for the last three nights. He travels a lot for work and it is highly contagious, so.... Been using Lysol like crazy and praying not only for his recovery but that the kids don't get it. I'm not allowed to go down so can't think about it!!

Hope everyone is well. Goodnight, Overs.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:36 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs. Saturday 6.30 am . Sun through its going to be hot!

Dharma, I hope your DH has a speedy recovery and you and the kids keep free from it!

Did you get your thunderstorm Wolfie? Didn't get one around here, that I saw, anyway. I do like a good storm too, if I'm at home and can watch the sky.

Terrible news again about Munich in Germany. Keep safe folks.

Have a good weekend. Got my tesco groceries being delivered between 8 - 9 am.
Then household chores.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:18 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Do your best

There was no thunderstorm looks like the weatherman was wrong beautiful day already though
Old 07-23-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Hot and humid here again for the weekend. Looks like we might get a cool-off by Tuesday.

Have a great Saturday, overs!
Old 07-23-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Yes, I hear that little voice periodically, too. I use it as a reminder that I need to stay aware.

Snorts to HRH Olive :-)

Dharma, perfect description of that "voice".

This hot, hot weather is scary. It seems like it is accelerating way too fast. Seems out of control. Wonder if enough can be done to avert catastrophe.

So sad to hear of another shooting in Munich!

In this country I'll be relieved when all the election hullabaloo, hoopla and hyperbole are done. I kinda wish our elections were more like some other countries - short.

Have a super Saturday to all!
Old 07-23-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

band has a gig tonight, and it's outdoors!

this is the time i wished i played a ukulele!
Old 07-23-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Do your best

Fitted some new fittings in the bathroom & it has a fresh lock

Bought a new lock for the front door and done a bit of plastering around the latch as there was quite a deep crack looks good as new just waiting for it dry so I can sand paint & fix the new lock on

Loving the weather as its cheaper on the gas bill & it just feels good even though I didn't get my sheet lightning thunderstorm last night I'm still good