D
Old 05-05-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

hiya tootsy!
Old 05-05-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Best of luck, Wolfie. I hear ya on the doctor stuff. I was terrified of both the doctor and dentist during my drinking years and didn't see either one in over 20 years...now I get regular check-ups at both and am much less anxious, although I'm still working on it.

Have a great Tuesday, overs!
Old 05-05-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

I hope you're having a good day, Mags!
Old 05-05-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Do your best

My Dr was from canada she was a sweet lady and i said i think yourmy new Dr (my old one has left this is my 3rd Dr) i explained what was going on etc i said are you here for the forseeable future & she replied until the end of july

After telling her my history LOL but it was fine she listened was so polite and we done a high 5 for canada LOL i said its a shame as you seem nice

Then me & mrs sw done some shopping were home now and just about to have lunch

Thank you FBL its water off a ducks back today but a completely diffrent story before i got sober you are awesome
Old 05-05-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Quick pop in to wave hello! Reading along and trying to keep track - just seem to be busy at this moment in my life - not a bad thing I guess
Old 05-05-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Pinkgate- I can relate to the sugar issue too. The other day I had something happen that kind of made me feel stressed and I thought about going to get something sweet to help with it. Very similar to how I used to reach for a drink when I felt stressed.

Toots- I hope you enjoyed the run in the rain. I used to go walking in the rain a lot in early sobriety and I would just try to appreciate the feeling of the rain on my face. I had this feeling like it was a privilege just to be alive and sober and be able to feel it.

Soberwolf- I agree that keeping up with the Dr's stuff is one of the nice things about being sober. When I was drinking there were some appointments I put off out of fear of the results, but then I'd know putting them off was the worst thing I could possibly do. And some of my fears have actually come true, but I've been able to work through the stuff sober.

The concert last night was pretty good. I feel a little out of place at those things sometimes as I'm just not the sort of person to join the crowd and jump/dance around. I just want to find a corner to myself and sit and watch. I bet everybody thinks I don't even like the music even when I'm way into it. I don't know if part of me wants to join in with the jumping around and I just can't let go enough to do it or if it's really just not my thing.

I've been to the venue before and they have an over 21 section where they serve the alcohol and another section where no drinking is allowed. It was nice to just sit in the no alcohol section and not have it around me at all. And it was nice to be able to drive home totally sober afterward. The concert situation is still one that seems to spark thoughts of drinking for me, but maybe that will fade with time. There really are a lot of benefits to staying sober through them too like actually being present for the show.

Today's plan is to put some serious time into my job. I've been slacking on it a little due to being busy with some other stuff, but I need to put some serious hours in over the next month or so.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Magsie

Evening Overs.
Thanks Andy and Gilmer. Yes today's better than when I woke up.

Sunny and windy here. A pheasant was resting from the wind under one of our bushes, I didn't know she was there, bless, they're so easily startled. They're bred up the road for shooting for fun but some escape and live in our village.hehe.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Do your best

It isseriouslywindy today isnt it mags
Old 05-05-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Magsie

Yes it is wolfie, I nearly got my car door ripped off its hinges!
Old 05-05-2015, 10:24 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

DG, I think it's absolutely fine to sit back and watch, listen, and enjoy. Sometimes I've done that. Although, I am the dancing and jumping around type if I really really like the music. They way you'd know if you are holding back because of discomfort of letting go, or if it's just not your thing, is what you do when listening to music you really like at home or in the car. If you just sit and listen at home, then that's probably your natural way of enjoyment.

Usually I'm dancing around as much as any drunk person. And sometimes I go home smelling like one, too, because people spilled drinks on me.

At first, seeing people drink when out to dinner or at a music event was really hard for me. But when I'm out I always have a drink in hand. Usually soda water with lemon or lime. I wouldn't be surprised if some people thought it was a gin and tonic (based on my sober but let-loose behavior).

I really like being present for the show. It was getting to the point where I was just not grounded and couldn't bring the appreciation of the experience with me afterwards because it was so hazy.

Yet another benefit is that it's cheaper. So pricey to buy alcohol out. I never drank in bars and I don't know how people afford that.

SW: That is a good reminder about the dr appts. That is one of the ways in which my life is backlogged.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:51 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

April showers and March winds here today.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Glad you enjoyed the concert DG, let's face it, drummers don't dance around much, they just put out the beat!

I enjoyed my run, though the best part ( other than watching drivers faces as they passed, obviously thinking I was deranged!) was the hot shower afterwards!!
Old 05-06-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Toots
Old 05-06-2015, 04:08 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

now hold on there tootsy!

i'm a drummer, and i love to dance around!

we have a thing called the head-nod factor

the more bob, the more groove the tune has! lol
Old 05-06-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exhibit A, zip

Old 05-06-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have a great hump-day, overs!
Old 05-06-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

It's my weekend, Wednesday and Thursday are my off days. Going to visit my loved one in prison. I am lucky to be sober and free. Never again will I have to worry about drinking and driving.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Pinkgate- I don't dance around at home either. I play drums and I love to play along to songs. Come to think of it, when I go to concerts, it makes me want to play drums, not dance. I'm probably just really not the dancing type, plus I hate crowds. I don't want to be mushed in with a ton of other people. It's just that they look like they're having more fun than I am and that makes me jealous even though I wouldn't have fun doing what they are!

Anyway, plans for today are pretty standard: work, chores, a workout and hopefully some time to practice my drums tonight.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  
Do your best

D is that Keith Moon