Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 20

Old 04-19-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Good Morning Lovely Littermates.
Jack and I are hanging around the house today doing chores. Rain is predicted. Hubby went to church and then has a full day of work at his shop.

Brynn, dear triplet sister, your approach is inspirational.

Marty - I joined some friends doing the pub crawl thing a week ago - nice to see them but we bailed out too. Not interested in hanging around as they all got drunk.
What are you up to today?

Mary you day sounded wonderful. When I moved into this house I dug up some of my moms plants from our old farm. I cherish them. I know you feel the same about the memories held by different plants in your garden.
I used the Jergens stuff on Jens recommendation and its great. Use it a few consecutive days and the a couple times a week. I had a spray tan once and it was great but the Jergens stuff works good too and much less money.
I get a pedicure every 4 weeks - it's my way of treating myself and scheduling it that way ensures sure I keep myself as a priority.

Jen - I wish I was traveling with you. It sounds like a dream trip.

Copper I am so glad that you are here and reading and posting even if you are still drinking. I hope you jump back on the bus with us. Are you playing your piano and other instruments?

Della - is the painting in the kitchen the last of the indoor painting projects? How does it feel to be home on your couch?

Big - what are you up to today?

Tonks - I see you stick your head in once and a while - how is it going? How's work? How is the gf?
Old 04-19-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

I haven't been on the couch once since I got back...maybe tonight.

The kitchen is not last but I will hold off on the rest till fall. I have a lot to do outsideä don't like being indoors when it's nice. Enjoy your day!
Old 04-19-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!

We had huge storms last night, but this morning is gorgeous! I'm on the patio armed with flyswatters and a can of wasp killer ha !

Kitty...thinking of you as you get geared up to start your new job! We'll be waiting fir a report!

Cast....we miss you! Check in when you can okay?

Sis B...enjoy your day at home getting organized and caught up! I got the Jergens lotion and did it once then forgot I had it! I can't use it right now cause it hurts to touch my legs, but hopefully in a few days it'll be better and I can use it again!

Hugs copper ❤️ you're in my thoughts as usual.

Nope everyone has a great day!
Xoxo
Old 04-19-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Brynn I love the mage of you with a flyswatter and a can of wasp killer - that's my girl!
Old 04-19-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Ya**!

She's armed to the teeth, isn't she?

Love to all my litter. Be safe.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Hello!

Day 2
Good to be back on the sober train, I haven't been drinking a lot, but I have been drinking.
I have a final exam tomorrow so I'm gonna study today and hang around the house.
I haven't done my taxes for two years so I'll do that after exams. I'm going to try and do them myself, so if you don't hear from me, it went horribly wrong and I'm in prison. And yes I'll be expecting letters and books from all of you until I get out

Brynn how do your legs hurt? Like a numbing pain? Sharp pain? Dull consistent pain?

The Jergans takes a few tries, but if you buy the medium to tan one, it only takes once for me!
Old 04-19-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hi Tonks! Xoxo

What kind of outside chores are you doing Della?
Old 04-19-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi tonks! ❤️

Oh Jen....I would think prison would be like a dream vacation for you seeing as you have a thing for criminals! Ha! Except, I think you only like guy criminals.....so, that could be a problem! Yikes! Oh well....remember, we like breaking people out of jail so no worries!

And my legs feel like they are on fire and it hurts for anything to touch them. Sometimes it feels like a stabbing pain down to the bone. The pains better today but it's lasted longer than usual and it's getting really old!
Old 04-19-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad your basking on the patio Brynn & armed today I hope the pain subsides soon.

I am going to an 11:00am AA meeting & hopefully a visit with Grandsons.

Have a good day Fools.....where's GnikNus?
Old 04-19-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sounds like a wonderful day, Mary!

I've seen sunking around the boards but hope he checks in here soon! We're missing you, our bearded friend!
Old 04-19-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Copper....I'll tell you what concerns me and one of the reasons I'm still up at 1:15....you haven't once made any mention of wanting to stop drinking or that you're even thinking about quitting. On the one hand, I appreciate your honesty about it but I also find it very alarming! Have you given up even wanting to TRY getting sober? Because the way you're talking sounds like someone who has no plans to quit! If I'm wrong, please tell me! And I really hope I am!
You realize that you're putting drinking ahead of your health, right? You're choosing booze over a needed surgery! What does your dr say about canceling the surgery? How long can you go without having it and what are the risks? You know I love you and I wouldn't be saying these things if I didn't....I can't keep quiet and watch a friend self destruct.
Xoxo
I appreciate your concern and forthcoming in telling me what you think. I don't have many answers for you though. I cancelled through scheduling at the hospital not through my dr's office so I didn't speak to him. As far as quitting goes, I don't know. Sobriety is hell. Drinking is hell. But, at least drinking is a familiar hell. I know I haven't given sobriety a fair shot. I struggle with staying quit, coping, dealing with life on its terms, and most days just breathing is a challenge. Once again, I know that there are options available to me to address all of the above. I just feel so empty whether sober or messed up out of my head that motivation to take action is nonexistent. I came back here in hopes that talking with all of you would help me figure out and decide that I need to give sobriety another shot. I love you all so very much and being away from you all is killer, but I'm still just as alone as I was when I was away. I know this is my fault alone as I don't engage as I should.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I finished off all the alcohol I had this morning and I'm unable to get anymore until tomorrow. I've thought about making my day 1 tomorrow but I've got a plethora of drugs at my disposal which just complicates things. I've got way too many things that have their claws in me and this time around it seems harder to quit since I've been drinking and drugging all day every day for the last two weeks. That's really not all that long but old ways of thinking and old habits have come back so much quicker than I thought they would. I don't know.

I'm not trying to commandeer the thread and I apologize for writing a novel. I don't know what I expect any of you to do. All of you are so much farther along and you shouldn't have to deal with all this. This is all I'm going to say in regards to my drinking and using.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hey team!
Check these out!
38 Hauntingly Abandoned Places To Chill You To The Bone.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hey copper! I'm on day 2 again, wanna shoot for 30 days with me again?
Old 04-19-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Originally Posted by Copper442 View Post
All of you are so much farther along and you shouldn't have to deal with all this.
Even those of us that are sober are still only 1 drink or 1 pill away from not being so. That will never change.

What changes I think is the will to give yourself a chance to live. You deserve this chance, just like any of us do.

Miss you Cop.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Yes, copper, drinking is a familiar hell that only leads to death and destruction....thats it....nothing else...not even a CHANCE at a life!
Sobriety has it's challenges, yes, but with it comes a CHANCE at life...if you want it...if you choose to accept that gift.
See, it's all in how you look at. Read jens signature....change your thoughts and change your world. It's true! You can choose to look at sobriety as a punishment or you can choose to look at it as the gift it truly is! The gift of freedom....no more being chained to and enslaved by a toxic and poisonous substance. A chance to live your life on YOUR terms. A chance to show yourself what you're truly made of. A chance to see that you are powerful and can live your life deliberately and with purpose!
When we begin to see sobriety for what it truly is...freedom, life, power...then we can begin to WANT it more than we want the drink or the pills!
My hope is that you come to see that for yourself, my dear friend.

And this thread is for ALL of us to support each other, encourage each other, and help each other in whatever way we can! That's why it's here....for exactly this kind of thing. Keep using it, my dear! ❤️
Xoxo
Old 04-19-2015, 01:14 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
Yes, copper, drinking is a familiar hell that only leads to death and destruction....thats it....nothing else...not even a CHANCE at a life!
Sobriety has it's challenges, yes, but with it comes a CHANCE at life...if you want it...if you choose to accept that gift.
See, it's all in how you look at. Read jens signature....change your thoughts and change your world. It's true! You can choose to look at sobriety as a punishment or you can choose to look at it as the gift it truly is! The gift of freedom....no more being chained to and enslaved by a toxic and poisonous substance. A chance to live your life on YOUR terms. A chance to show yourself what you're truly made of. A chance to see that you are powerful and can live your life deliberately and with purpose!
When we begin to see sobriety for what it truly is...freedom, life, power...then we can begin to WANT it more than we want the drink or the pills!
My hope is that you come to see that for yourself, my dear friend.

And this thread is for ALL of us to support each other, encourage each other, and help each other in whatever way we can! That's why it's here....for exactly this kind of thing. Keep using it, my dear! ❤️
Xoxo
Agreed, sobriety is a gift, not a punishment. Interestingly my heart wasn't even in the drinking anymore, I had 4 glasses of wine and thought " this is boring" and went bed leaving the other bottle full and a shot of vodka untouched.
Was a waste of time and then I felt like sh1t the next day.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Copper please continue to post and share. We love and miss you.
Brynn and Jen summed it up great. I echo what they said.

Tonks - howdy!

Jen congrats on day 2. And the feelings you described about even drinking a few glasses of wine were good to hear. I have had a few cravings. Mostly situational. Like last night we were with a friend waiting at the bar for our dinner table and I thought it would be niece to have just one vodka - but like Tonks said: we are all just one drink or one pill away from getting sucked back into the vortex. Instead my ordering water with lemon and lime gave our friend the opportunity to ask me why I ordered the water. I said I quit drinking. We had a great conversation. I know if I had had the vodka it would have been something I regretted and I would have felt like crap today.
Well said Jen. Nice to confirm suspicions. Sorry you had to take one for the litter.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Creek, Big, SunKing - where are you guys?
Old 04-19-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Cast - shout out to you too!
Old 04-19-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sobriety is hell. Drinking is hell. But, at least drinking is a familiar hell.
at least sobriety is a hell with an end...if you give it a chance
I was empty and alone too - getting sober didn;t help me with that - but staying sober did.

I didn't get that messed up overnight - it took 40 years - it took a little time to untie the knots in me.

We get used to the instant gratification of the bottle or the drug, but change is a process not an event.
You need faith - and support - to get through that process Copper.

All the more reason for you to become more a part of this community, not less
D