Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 20

Old 04-28-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Hi to all,
Checking in to say all is going as well as can be expected. I haven't been around much as I have been in a pretty intense funk and didn't want to spread any of it around. Came really close to picking up a bottle and saying "screw it all" but somehow managed to hold on. I don't know how, but I did. Of course since the bad place I was in is gone, I'm sooooo grateful I didn't break the commitment.

Kitty, I feel your pain and I'm sure most of us here have been there, sometimes too many times. It isn't time to beat yourself up. When you make the fall, you're vulnerable and the last thing you need is anger with yourself. Pick yourself up, knock the dust off, and put your hat back on. Tell yourself, "Whew, that was a hell of a kick, but I'm back up and walking away." Give yourself a hug and move on. It doesn't have to happen again. You won't find a person here that faults you to what happened. As I said, we've all been there, done that, and if some are blessed enough to not have stumbled, we sure as hell gave it a good thought to do so. It's over, done, and not worth the effort to worry. Just don't do it again or we will hunt you down and force you to drink warm dill pickle juice.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Creek- I am glad your out of that bad place and that you didn't drink. I am sure your stronger for it.

Kitty- I am glad your here. Don't be too hard on yourself. Just realize what your triggers are and find ways to avoid them or handle stress better. I hope you get a lot of rest tonight. ((Hugs)) someone on here told me I have the resources I just need to use them.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Thx, Middy, don't know if I'm stronger, but I haven't lost ground.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I had weeks since my last slip, now back to days. I also smoked some cigs too. I feel like I don't know who that was last night and it's scary.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Kitty, I think Creek really said it best. I know exactly what you mean about not recognizing who you were. I'm only on day 3 again after a two week bender followed by another awful session. We just need to keep adding support and utilizing all resources at our disposal. Never forget, we are in control. We don't ever have to drink again if we don't CHOOSE to.

Creek, I'm really glad you didn't cave. Don't sell yourself short. You're definitely stronger for getting through it.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're still with us Creek

Maybe it's time to go back to basics and look at what your recovery plan is Kitty? Does it do the job? do you use it when you need it?

Time for a new thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-21-a.html