Notices

Class of March 2013 part 37

Old 01-31-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Marcher, I had to Google "spatchcock"!
You had to google it last time I used it! Memory must be going. Wait, who are you again?

"Different political persuasions"? What, are you a conservative?

I'm glad y'all sound so good. I can sleep late in the morning.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:12 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Isn't a spatchcock something you play badminton with?? I don't think I want to eat one of those things even with pommie couscous!!!
Old 02-01-2015, 02:29 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Administrator

Doing well thanks Sass - finally dealing with the heat which probably means autumn will be here in about a month LOL

D
Old 02-01-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Forgot to say... Yes... Of course!!!!!

GO PATRIOTS!

Old 02-01-2015, 02:46 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Isn't a spatchcock something you play badminton with?? I don't think I want to eat one of those things even with pommie couscous!!!
Hmmm...what I was thinking...and then I thought maybe I dreamed it...
because I cannot find it on the net....so what was it we played with when I was growing up???

ohhhhhh.....it's a shuttlecock!!!!
Old 02-01-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Oh my, Marchers are simply a laugh a minute today!

Nice try on the memory Trachy. Either you are pulling my leg or my brain has more rocks than I remember.

Toots, happy you remembered. Of course, we were all treated to days of "deflate-gate" here in New England so I guess the Pats might be on best behavior :-). My neighbor is rooting for the Seahawks so i don't know if she will survive the game!

Have a lovely day, Marchers.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

And Marcher love...yes, I understood what you were saying. And it made a big difference to me today. I will treasure every day I have with dad...that is the most important thing I can do right now...it changes my perspective...it changed the way I dealt with him today. Thank you love. ♥♥
Old 02-01-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

V, my parents could be difficult but I stuck it out helping them. There were definitely times I strongly resented it. Now it's 18 years since they've been gone and looking back, I'm glad I was there for them. It gave me some sense of peace and closure. However, part of the reason I made this recent move is that I have only one offspring and i feel it's too much to ask her to take care of me as I get old. So there you have two sides all rolled up in one. Some of us have such conflicting feelings about parents!
Old 02-01-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Thank you Sass...I so understand what you are saying.
I'm really not conflicted. I just get a little worn out sometimes.
And then I get rejuvenated by just the right words...
I have no kids. No one is ever going to have to do this for me. Good and bad. I really get all of that. I feel blessed to have been my parents' carer, and still taking on that role for my dad. And in the end, I love him way more than he annoys me. This is the part of life that is most rewarding if we (I) can get past myself.

I am grateful I have my friends here to remind me of that, and to keep me strong. ♥
Old 02-01-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

V, your dad is very fortunate to have you!
Old 02-01-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

I am very fortunate to have you...I would not be able to do this without my friends. ♥
Old 02-01-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Shoes: Thank you for stopping by in spite of your work responsibilities...you sound like you are thriving!

There are a lot of compassionate and patient Marchers here, which is evident by the care they are giving to their parents. My respect to you all.

Sass: You are indeed creating an identity in your new community as that of a non drinker. I find the older I get, more and more of my peer group abstain from drinking. Many have "outgrown" their partying days, other are on medications where alcohol would create adverse effects. Whatever the reason, it seems to be very socially accepted.

Marcher: Spatchcock??? Is that a cousin of the peacock??? Edible, hmmm.

Beautiful winter morning.... we got about 6 inches of snow overnight...pretty!

So grateful to be sober in Denver today: there will be DUI checkpoints and saturation points set up to snag those who watch the Superbowl and drink too much.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
ohhhhhh.....it's a shuttlecock!!!!
When I was a kid, we just called it "the birdie!"
Old 02-01-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Running by as I have a super busy morning but i wanted to check in and say hi, have a good day.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Wow, who knew avoiding alcohol would be this uncomplicated, even if not always easy! Tonight one of the ladies invited me to come to her apartment for a visit. She said "Do you drink?" I said "No". She said "Ok then, we'll have tea". I almost fell over! It really is this direct here. What a concept!
Old 02-02-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Fly by post here to just touching base. All ok here in Tootsville have a great week everyone

And Way to go Patriots!!! Yay!!
Old 02-02-2015, 11:24 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

hi Shoes nice to hear from you again.
Yes, Toots I have talked to my sister a lot about my drinking. We laughed and we cried. She came into town last night by train last night and we were up till early morning talking about everything. it was great. She is at a Dr. apt right now and she goes back tomorrow morning early. Her husband is sick with cancer so, she can't stay---makes me sad. but, she needs to get back. Anyway--gotta go and will talk more tomorrow.
have a great day everyone.

Babs
Old 02-02-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers It's another cool day in Paradise, the weather has forgotten how to be normal. Congrats Toots on picking the right team, I see the Patriots won.

Babs I am glad that you have had such a good time with your sister. How are the cravings going?

Sass I smiled when I read about the lady who had tea instead of alcohol when you came over, it's just so straightforward for normies isn't it? It sounds like you are settling in, how is Sass Kitty going?

Dee how about you, how are you going?

Hope you all have a good day peeps.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm well Marcher - no worries here

D
Old 02-02-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Marcher, yes, I'm gradually settling in. Sassy kitty is just about normal now. She sleeps all day under my comforter but gets up before and after and claws on her cat tree and snuggles in my lap. Her eating is also back to normal :-)

I'm way behind on my to do list, I think I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the very big changes although I do feel very positive about them. No more worries about falling and "who is going to find me if I can't get up"! One of the things that is really excellent for me is the lack of isolation yet they aren't pushy. One could theoretically isolate but it would take some real dedication, lol! I'm so pleased with how friendly people are and yet how not nosy.

We had fun with a group Super Bowl watch last night, complete with munchies, bottled water and coke plus someone brought wine. They are already getting used to my non-alcoholic drinking habits and sometimes don't even ask any more.

Tonight is monthly trivia game night :-)