Notices

Class of March 2013 part 36

Old 01-08-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
All the females at casa Budd? I'm staying with North!!! Cold snap is over back to the low 70's
Wow, Budd! That must be the shortest "cold snap" on record
Old 01-08-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Had a rough afternoon. An AA friend called, 9 months sober and slipped. So I spent a couple of hours listening and a bit of chatting. It brought home a number of things including the kinds of thinking to watch out for, the fact that this is never "over" - I "knew" that but facing it is more than that. I felt for this person but can't fix it. So I can only try to be supportive and hope this person gets back on track.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Administrator

Back on deck guys - give me a week or two to catch up

D
Old 01-08-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Yay!
Old 01-08-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Back on deck guys - give me a week or two to catch up

D
You did a speed reading course while you were away Dee?

Seriously, it's great to have you back.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers I'm packing my winter coat to go to Ken's, I saw him mention 63F on the previous page.

If you haven't seen John Kerry's speech about Charle Hebdo take a look at his statesman moment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcJgllhWMIM Apparently he made another speech in French, his accent and grasp of the language have been lauded.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:01 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Good to have you back, Dee!
Old 01-08-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I had to break out my heavy coat and gloves this morning. It was about 10F when I went to work. The wind chill had been as low as -5. In Georgia, sheesh. I could use some warm weather.

I've been camping in 15F. Got the gear, had to test it. That's the lower limit of my gear. Based on that experience, I never want to go camping in that cold again.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjp9rJyn

Yes, that's ice. Ice that has been squeezed out of the ground by freezing.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Trachy, that looks like a lovely spot to camp by the lake.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Marcher, thanks for the link. I think Kerry did an excellent job with his speech.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Welcome back Dee!

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
meso, i subscribed to that craft lady; thank you!
Oh goody! I would get a lot out of just listening to her even if I had no interest in the craft element. But that aspect is very calming and engaging at the same time to me. The way cooking is to a lot of people. Or gardening. Or whatever. Anyhoo, I see her as something of a guru. :-) If you watch her most recent video she announces her hiatus from YouTube, but there are dozens and dozens of old videos of hers to watch, and they are timeless. :-)

Sorry about all the pain you were in from the surgery. Can't believe they gave you morphine when you're allergic. Yikes! Keep taking it easy and get well soon.

Sass, at least your friend has you for support. That's big. Does she know about SR? And way to go on your five months! I heard what you said about it being harder this time. Scary, but maybe it's motivating to stay straight, if you will.

North, glad the pukes didn't stick around too long and you're feeling better. I guess giving up cheeseburgers for a while is pretty healthy.

Budd, 63 degrees? I hope those long pants didn't chafe your legs! :-)

Toots, I am ready to hop on that bus, Gus, to the Keys.

Babs, congratulations on your month, lady!

1Day, how were those spinach enchiladas? Don't you go picking up any food poisoning now! As for your suggestion that I post a photo of a completed project, well, twist my arm. :-) Here's a greeting card:

IMG_4838_zpsf0b741d7.jpg Photo by DCR101470 | Photobucket

I actually did a handful of different ones for a church auction last month. Mine are NOTHING compared to some of the fabulous and imaginative creations out there, but I enjoy doing them and people seem to appreciate them.

I would also like to sign up for the part-time husband. Maybe two or three days during the week and one day and night (maybe both nights) on the weekend.

Anyone I didn't mention by name -- whoa, GILMER! -- I'm thinking of you too and hoping everyone is looking forward to a great and sober weekend.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

D'oh, Trachy I forgot you. You were right about my needing to be here every day. It's like work catching up with everyone otherwise! :-)
Old 01-08-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by MeSoSober View Post
D'oh, Trachy I forgot you. You were right about my needing to be here every day. It's like work catching up with everyone otherwise! :-)
You didn't forget me. See? ^^^ Glad you're here.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Dee: Welcome back... I missed your posts!

MeSo: The card is so pretty! How creative! I am sure they were appreciated at your church... it is custom work! I just got home from dinner... I changed my mind at the last minute, due to a fellow meet-up person stating that the steak there is amazing... so I had a grilled steak enchilada... nothing to write home about... I like my steak medium rare and it was well done...but I did have a lot of fun socializing and met two new women who were fun to talk to.

Now... where is that part-time husband hiding???? You know, if we put it out there, like we have been here on SR, according to the Law of Attraction, we are setting ourselves up to actually find a suitable part-time mate.

Sass: Doesn't AA work well? Although you were there to support another person, you are the one who benefits by getting a reminder of how it feels when we relapse. And the beauty of it is, you don't have to rescue her... you just have to listen, and maybe suggest to meet her at a meeting, if that is appropriate.

Ken: You aren't scared of a bunch of recovering females, now are you???
Trust us....hahahaha

Trachy, Marcher, Toots, Babs, Gilmer, North, Duff, Shoes: have a good night/morning/day... whatever...
Old 01-08-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Budd, move the trailer before they find you!

i know the part-time husband thing is a joke and it's funny and I don't want y'all to stop with it as I could apply for the position.

That said, I'm really pissed with my sister's part-time husband. I mean really part-time. He spends about half his nights at his parents house 80 miles away from her. They have a dog to care for, she's been sick and he's not there. I've been tempted to GPS his parent's address and go get him. So far, I've not.

Lucky him.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=1Dayatatyme;5126301]
Ken: You aren't scared of a bunch of recovering females, now are you???
Trust us....hahahaha

Simply ,,,,,YES
Old 01-08-2015, 09:30 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

1day, yes you are so right! I've known this person for a couple of months though not well. It was eye-opening to see how different behavior and personality was. I remember wondering (for probably the first time) if my personality changed that much when I was drinking! I finally concluded that it likely did. And mostly I just listened which was what she needed; and reassurance that she isn't a bad person because she slipped. It was definitely a good thing for me to see. I feel my resolve just got a dose of steroids.

MeSo, love the photo! It amazes me how people can create lovely things like that. And yes, I did tell my friend about SR. I hope she comes!

Trachy, sorry your sister has the bummer side of a part time spouse! I had always taken the "in sickness and in health" part seriously but my former spouse didn't. I remember going to the hospital for unplanned surgery at 11 pm and my ex just dropped me off and went home. My surgeon was floored.

And I'm up late because we had a fire alarm in my building and had to wait for the fire department to come. Usually it's a good way to meet the neighbors but it was darned cold tonight. I had just been asleep for maybe 20 minutes and am now wide awake...oh well.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:56 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

love to all the marchers, rough day for me, but as meso said ~ miss a day on this thread and it is crazy hard to catch up.

so glad to have you back Dee.

glad you got thru yesterday marcher...well done on staying strong love. ♥♥

sorry about your friend sass love.

trachy ~ the part-time guy thing wasn't a joke at all, but i'm sorry for what your sister is going through. i might go and get him too if i was you.

tons of love to everyone,

v xx
Old 01-08-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Hey, V ... So sorry you had a rough day! I hope things go better very soon. (((Hugs)))
Old 01-08-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

thanks Sass. i went to see my surgeon.
he was very concerned. i don't look good. he explained that biting the bullet is not a good way to deal with this level of pain. it is not good for me either psychologically or physically. i am too tired and depressed to argue anymore.