Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 10

Old 10-22-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Thanks Chris! I actually feel pretty good about myself. (Without being arrogant). My entire dept knows how ive struggled w this and they all clapped n sent "way to go" emails when we were done (coworker was on text telling everyone. Lol)
Old 10-22-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Way to go Penkins!!!

Ph 77 days is awesome!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Ph and Penkins, way to go!! Very happy to read both of your posts!
Old 10-22-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody!!

Bedtime for this Texas gal. Another big day tomorrow.

Nighty night all. Sweet sober dreams!
Old 10-22-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Great work Penkins! It took me a bunch of time and a couple of Dale Canegie courses to become comfortable in public speaking. Not easy or natural- but an important skill which becomes easier over time.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Mmm corn dogs and french fries sounds good Penkins :P

Just checking in. Been a crazy week but it's going by so fast.. no time to even think of drinking anything really.. I can't wait until Friday even though I have nothing crazy planned. I want to see the movie Oujia that is coming out. I love the scary movies that make u jump.. but hate the gory ones. :P

Hope everyone is well. *hugs
Old 10-22-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by penkins View Post
Thanks Chris! I actually feel pretty good about myself. (Without being arrogant). My entire dept knows how ive struggled w this and they all clapped n sent "way to go" emails when we were done (coworker was on text telling everyone. Lol)
Congratulations! It says a lot about you that your entire department was cheering for you! I'll bet your boss was, too!
Old 10-22-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

I just got in from my book club meeting - - The weather is horrible; I had to do a long-way-around detour because of a tree down. I had to make a u-turn in front of a state trooper - - my heart would have been pounding if I had been drinking. Instead, I actually rolled down my window and asked if there had been an accident, and he told me there was a tree down blocking the road. He also told me, very nicely, I should go home and stay home; we are in for some wild weather.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ph7 View Post
Hi all, (pink I was just about to check in ) Hope everyone is ok I haven't checked in for a while but have been keeping up with your ups and downs. I was gonna write some stuff on Monday but it took me over an hour to read your posts from the weekend. So important news personally... Last Friday. A friend of mine had text in the week to see what I'd been up to as we hadn't seen each other since May and another friend was coming to town for a few beers who I hadn't seen for over a year. These guys were old work colleagues who I spent hours and hours (daily) in the pub for a few years to drink at lunchtimes and after work. They were part of my formative alchoholic years. This was gonna be hard. So nervously I attended. Met up with the first guy at 5pm and the first thing he said is what you drinking. I looked at him and he said "well last time I saw you, you were drinking coke or something stupid". I said I'll have a coke. I was a bit confused by what he said then remembered I had seen him once during one of my previous failed attempts at sobriety. So he went and got me a coke. He had already brought me a pint which was stashed behind a menu on the table lol. I briefly explained I don't drink no more he said fair enough and we carried on as our normal silly selves when we get together. A couple of other friends turned up the cokes were flowing. Wen't to another bar switched to lemonade. Then another bar with more lemonade while my mates necked pints and Yagermiester all evening. The last place we were in was quite loud so couldn't really hear what they were slurring and I just stood and bopped on the spot to the dance music that was playing. Got a bus back at 11:30 and got back sober. I really enjoyed myself and I hadn't been out for a good while and I don't remember ever being out without a drink. I didn't even want one. A massive stride forward to lifelong sobriety. So here I am completing Day 77 and going strong. Take care guys & be strong!
Awesome story! I hope to get to that point someday too. For now I've been restricting where I go. Recovering from surgery has helped keep me in check but soon I will be better.
I hope to be able to go out and socialize and dance with the strength not to drink . Great job!
Old 10-22-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Didn't get all chores done, I really needed to do one last grass cutting, mulching, etc but the blasted mower just wouldn't start. Got really annoyed, and came in, got online. Need to finish up my dinner prep.
Pulled pork sammies, slaw, and fresh cut fries tonight. Not exactly healthy, but that's what's on the menu tonight.
Where is Applekat and Grateful been? Maybe I just missed their posts?
Thanks Maximus! I am here. Sorry I have not been more present. You are doing great! So good to see all your posts.

Pulled pork sammies, slaw and fresh cut fries sound so comforting and delish. I believe it is good to treat yourself to great tasting food.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Way to go Penkins! So proud of you girl!
Old 10-22-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Just checking in group. Bad cold, school all day. I'm in beeeeeeed finally. Night
Old 10-22-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Brach and Cute - so great to hear the jobs are going well!
Old 10-22-2014, 10:59 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

penkins way to go on your presentation!!! good luck with tomorrows xxx
Old 10-22-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Good morning folks.

London and 1 step please check in, not like you guys to miss a day....hoping all is well?? xx

KNB nearly a week for you now :-) well done chick!!!

today I have the hideous task of moving offices (why do companies do this?) ;its logistically better for me to sit at a different desk in a different room in a different building. Not for me, its not!!!it is an important move but what a pain!!! we are moving to become part of a one stop shop resource centre for dementia care which is exciting, but the upheavel is crazy. not only do I have my job to do today, I have all of yesterdays work to write up as PC has been disconnected for the move. this will mean I wont be able to write up todays work also. im guessing there is a good chance of the same tomorrow. Cue a very busy Monday ahead!!!

still, I am very grateful for my wonderful JOb, and that's what it comes down to.

Today I am grateful for:

-kitty cuddles on this cold morning (how do cats stay so warm?)
-GINGERBREAD COFFEE!!!
-warm socks
-a clear head ready for the day in front of me
-not cringing when I check my last post on facebook from last night!!!
-being sober
-56 poison free days today - that's 8 weeks :-), Im really doing this!!!
-not feeling lethargic and bloated, so many people are saying how well I look!
-all of my ongoing support from you guys, you help me through every single day
-ebay - its been keeping me busy and distracted!
-feeling a peace and contentment inside that I never realised was absent
-winter spice candles. MMMMMMMM

right. time to get my ass in gear and go to work!!!

have a great day all,

Much love!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 11:35 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Thanks for the elbow in the ribs to check in Pink! Congrats on 8 weeks!! Boom.

My surgery on my teeth was hurting last so I decided to sleep it off. Feeling much better today.

I love reading all the achievements people are making. Little by little lives are turning around. It's perfect.

So AV is totally silent on actual drinking at the moment and instead has switched its attention to AA. Darn! It's having me question my attendance, the methods, the people. So I will step up posting and up my meetings until it shuts up.

I was walking home sober from the train in the dark last night and had big flashbacks to staggering around, bumping into walls, singing probably for attention, phone and wallet on show inviting someone to have a go (this has happened, twice) and speaking to many random people. So glad I am able to keep myself safe now!

Have a lovely day everyone. I will up my check ins to keep the AA pity party at bay :-)
Old 10-22-2014, 11:38 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Gingerbread coffee? I want, I want!!
Old 10-23-2014, 12:01 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sthlondonab View Post

So AV is totally silent on actual drinking at the moment and instead has switched its attention to AA. Darn! It's having me question my attendance, the methods, the people. So I will step up posting and up my meetings until it shuts up.

I was walking home sober from the train in the dark last night and had big flashbacks to staggering around, bumping into walls, singing probably for attention, phone and wallet on show inviting someone to have a go (this has happened, twice) and speaking to many random people. So glad I am able to keep myself safe now!

Have a lovely day everyone. I will up my check ins to keep the AA pity party at bay :-)
hey London, you're going to be ok, you've identified the devious little AV and now you know where it is lurking you can stamp on it when it shows. sneaky little devil!!! LOL at the night flashbacks. I can remember looking at people over the years staggering back from places and thinking 'eugh, how vulgar'. I too, turned into this pathetic squalid mess. I can remember one night searching the house frantically after a night out completely plastered looking for my phone and shoes for hours on end getting into a right old panicked mess. once I finally passed out and woke up I took the bin out and realised I had left, neatly lined up, my phone, my shoes, and my takeaway on the doorstep in full view of any passers by. I sheepishly collected them. Jeez, how did I think that was ok and carry on???

Look at us now :-)

gingerbread coffee in a small jar made by Beanies, got it from sainsburys for £2,50. AMAZING!!!! I drank a whole jar between fri and sat last week. Don't do that! I had very big eyes and was moving superfast! I felt like I was in fast forward mode!!!
have a great day xxx
Old 10-23-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Good morning guys! London and pink, boy I felt your comments about being drunk and careless. Had a cop bring me home and confiscate my bicycle because I was too drunk to ride it. Had to go get it next morning from police station. Classy...

We are doing this for real team! Read your original posts, get that fire back and check in!!
Old 10-23-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Hi All, been flat out busy with work so not been posting much, just thought I'd drop a quick note in here, so good to see some many sticking at it, Day 64 for me, keeping any fireworks under wraps until I'm back past my personal best, only 123 days to do for that so a third of the way there!