Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 10

Old 10-25-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Evening all, just trying to catch up with posts, Im ok, got my girls staying over tonight and they're fast asleep now, so Im just chilling.

Elbow felt better yesterday so I did some weights that don't involve too much pressure on it- bad move- was killing me after it- wish I had more patience! Really felt down about it but got through it and went to a meeting in the evening and one this morning.

Trying to keep moving forward, felt hard lately and some days Ive actually promised myself a drink the next day if I get through the one in which Im struggling and more often than not by the morning the craving/sad feeling has passed.

Guy who turned up drunk to the meeting last week is back on track now, he slipped on day 61 and it seems a lot of us here have either slipped around this time or came close so there must be something in that time period of sobriety.

Hang in there determined- you're doing great.

Catch up with everyone soon, going to watch rest of footy now- remember the clocks go back tonight team, should mean an extra hour in bed!
Old 10-25-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you, 1step! I'm so glad you've made it through! Great job! I went through something around 60 or so as well. I had to go back and revisit my original reasons for getting sober, read through old posts, and remind myself how horrible it really was to keep drinking. Well done!

Great idea, Ultra! A great visual reminder anytime you need it!

I spent the whole day scrubbing an ancient bathtub I gave up on 15 years ago. It looks brand new! Kind of reminds me of myself a little bit
Old 10-25-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Tx, scooter and 1step, thank you! I went back to the party after choobies msg and just now have a second. This team rocks! Someone is always online to help. Like having a personal sponsor in your pocket!

Dig this, nobody really drinks!! They just sip a beer for two freakin hours! My god what a jack ass I used to be!! Seriously, I would have cracked a beer while doing the yard around noon today, kept buzzing along through my sons parade at 3, and then kicked it up waiting for people to show up to the party at 4 or 5. And THEN drank 5 or 6 at the party! Seeing how people really behave tonight, I would have been an obvious drunk. Moreover, one who was convinced he was quite charming, just workin the room baby! Mr. Continental with a robe and pipe! Yeah, right...

This was so eye opening to me tonight. Totally solidified my sober resolve. It was however, really tough at times today...

Anyhow, love you guys. Watching ninja turtles with my son now, drinking a water. Completely remember everything and have no regrets.

Will go running tomorrow morning.

I will read this post again next time I am tempted.

Sobriety is the new hipster cool.

It rocks.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Also, thanks max and everyone else on this team. All of you have helped me many times on this journey! I will definitely have your back guys. We are doing this.

No relapse, no surrender.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Sobriety is the new hipster cool- great line Determined!

Fantastic job, and cogent observations today. A bunch of folks recently have mentioned how interesting and eye opening it is to be on the "other side". So glad I'm there with you all.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

The quote of the month: "Sobriety is the new hipster cool !"
Love it !!

I am not going to lie to my sober family here guys and gals. I have been feeling kind of blah the past few days. Kinda bored and the AV has been very quiet lately but he has used this opportunity to wake up from hibernation!!!! Reminding me how I could fill this boring time with drinking. I know it is complete BS and I will not give in but I must admit I was on Cloud 9 the past few weeks so this blah feeling is kinda getting to me. Nothing posting on here and some exercise and good food won't fix. Just had to share I know you all understand.

I love you all and it means so much for me to be able to share with you all. In the past I have failed after 35 and 45 days. I am here at 75 days and I don't want to reset now. not ever.

Thanks so much for listening you all are family to me. Love, your [U.S.] west coast brother in sobriety, Chris

P.S.- Went to an extra Lifering meeting this week and plan to do the same next week. I have so many good things to stay sober for!! We all deserve to not drink!
Old 10-25-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Great to hear you made it through, determined. I knew you would.

Spent the evening with the family at a city event. Kids had a great time. So glad I'll remember it.

Chris, I think you've got it, we all deserve not to drink.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I hear ya chris. I think the solution is its Time for us to find something we can be passionate about .... now that we are able to.

I mean, I've only got 23? Days but it feels like longer since I had the 50 prior to my slip. The novelty has worn off and that's ok.... thats good even. Bring sober is not just the new hipster cool... it's the new norm.

AV hit me too today. I need something to excite me... something to make me want to stay sober as if the love of my family, good grades and hangover/regret free days weren't enough. Is it part of the alcoholic personality to always want more? I'm going to find something more to be passionate about.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Actually I do have some passions such as tennis and r/c (remote control) aircraft flying. Also enjoy some reading and the outdoors etc. Also have lots going on right now with family and work. Funny how I can find time to be bored! Just my AV trying to trick me to drink to fill in some imaginary gaps. We all know where that leads it is hell and I never want that again.
I know to truly be happy in my sobriety I must be happy with myself even in the quiet moments when I have time to myself. I can use that time to reflect, read, meditate, and love myself (that last one is the one the AV wants us to stay away from at all costs because it is our road to freedom!).
Love you all with all my heart. Just sharing this is making me feel so much better.
Good sober night Team August.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Sorry Chris didn't mean to come off as you didn't have interests lol. I have them too, but mine haven't been in action for quite some time.

Your post just kinda spoke to me to get my butt in gear I guess!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:14 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

1 step your post got my hopes up... daylight savings isn't until nov. 2 in my neck of the woods. Happy sleeping tonight!

Determined! So glad for your success today

Off to bed. Night team.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:59 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's been a mad few days here - hope everyone is doing ok

time for a new thread - join us here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-11-a.html
D