Ann's Thread About Working Through Stuff...please join me.

Old 10-07-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well done Neagrm, sometimes we need to distract our selves by actions to refresh our minds and take it some place better. I guess that's where the word distraction comes from....distract + action. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Hugs
Old 10-07-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Been dealing with anxiety today...after a respite last week to more or less today. Was supposed to go to a friend's house (had reached out) and then we didn't connect...turns out that I went to the wrong house...it was the right street address but I had turned right instead of left so it was the wrong street. I have found that it is almost always better for me to apologize when I get things wrong because so often...it is me...so we will try again soon...but that shook me some.

Took some of the ideas here...journaled my feelings and how I am handling them, talked to my husband who is finishing up a construction job in Chile and let him know how much I miss him, went to see my two daughters and 3 grandkids on Saturday which was awesome and then my son invited me to play chess and actually taught me how...I always thought it was too complicated...but he made it so natural and uncomplicated...and we talked about how we learn from watching others and our mistakes...it was an awesome hour with him.

I have been praying and working on meditation...and am asking my HP to give me the energy and willpower...I am willing...to go to an in person alanon or naranon meeting this week. The online and phone ones help a lot, but I asked someone for a suggestion and they said that f2f will be much more meaningful...so will continue to pray and meditate...do what unfolds in the day-to-day life...and pray for guidance and help from my HP.

Blessings to all...
Old 10-08-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Irisgarden, I am so glad you are going to a live meeting. Going to meetings was the turning point for me. It took time and work but I am so grateful that I finally found the courage to go.

I am heading out of town for a day, back tomorrow sometime. I am going to visit a couple of girlfriends that I have not seen in person for a couple of years. E-mails are nice but there is nothing like a good in-person laugh and sharing.

I am taking the scenic route so I can enjoy the autumn colours along the way. No rush, all relaxation and loads of fun...I need fun right now.

Hugs