New and lost

Old 05-22-2016, 03:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

CabeGirl...I will tell you a "funny" story about hiding and lying.....
My adult son was staying for a while in my house....he had called m e because he had lost a notebook with all of his and his client's phone numbers and he was frantic to find it...he asked me to look for it in his room.....While searching the room, I discovered some empty vodka bottles under the bed ...the little airline bottles....looking further, I found some larger ones under his matress....

Upon questioning him...and, presenting the empty bottles....he told me that they were from the gardener...
Him: "Those must be from Carlos"
ME: "Are you telling me that Carlos brings these bottles from across town and sneaks into our house and puts them under your bed?"
Him: "obviously"
ME: "Carlos has never comes into the house further than the garage and the kitchen, and I am always here when he comes, because that is when I pay him"
Him: "Carlos drinks a lot"
ME: "I have never seen Carlos drunk...and, why wouldn't he put the bottles in some trash can between his house (across town) and mine---it would be so much easier---
Him: "That is a good question--you should ask him about that".

This was before I learned about the futility of confronting an alcoholic with "evidence".

dandylion
Old 05-22-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Dandylion, that is so funny. Sad, but funny because we've all been there.

Many years ago, my AH said the kids were to blame when I found water bottles filled with vodka.

The story doesn't even have to make sense - they just make it up and stick to it no matter what.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
CabeGirl...I will tell you a "funny" story about hiding and lying.....
My adult son was staying for a while in my house....he had called m e because he had lost a notebook with all of his and his client's phone numbers and he was frantic to find it...he asked me to look for it in his room.....While searching the room, I discovered some empty vodka bottles under the bed ...the little airline bottles....looking further, I found some larger ones under his matress....

Upon questioning him...and, presenting the empty bottles....he told me that they were from the gardener...
Him: "Those must be from Carlos"
ME: "Are you telling me that Carlos brings these bottles from across town and sneaks into our house and puts them under your bed?"
Him: "obviously"
ME: "Carlos has never comes into the house further than the garage and the kitchen, and I am always here when he comes, because that is when I pay him"
Him: "Carlos drinks a lot"
ME: "I have never seen Carlos drunk...and, why wouldn't he put the bottles in some trash can between his house (across town) and mine---it would be so much easier---
Him: "That is a good question--you should ask him about that".

This was before I learned about the futility of confronting an alcoholic with "evidence".

dandylion
Reminds me of when we were kids:
"Did you kids drink all the chocolate milk in the fridge?"

"UH UH, UH UH, NO MA'AM!!!!!"
Old 05-23-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Eventually you will get tired of confronting him about it, and he will get tired of lying about it.

My X would swear on our children's lives, the holy Bible, and anything else he had not been drinking. I would find the bottles, cans, etc. I got to a point I did not say anything, I would just sit them on the table. The point is, there was nothing to say. He was not going to change, and I was not going to tolerate it any longer. Goodness, I remember when I found a whiskey bottle buried in the ground LOL. He denied that too, I guess a rabbit must have hid it there! Ha!
Old 05-23-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hopeful.....maybe, it was Carlos, the gardener, who buried it in the ground, while he was on his way over to my house to hide his empty bottles under my son's m attress!
LOL........
Old 05-23-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Hopeful.....maybe, it was Carlos, the gardener, who buried it in the ground, while he was on his way over to my house to hide his empty bottles under my son's m attress!
LOL........
Haha hahaha. This threads killing me