Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 2

Old 03-24-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

firebolt, did you get a chance to work on those rockets last night? If so, how did it go? Any chance of pics?
Old 03-24-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I did! I'll try and take some pics tonight So fun - I'm going to try and get a test launch in this weekend or early next week!
Old 03-24-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Today, I am grateful that my daughters still feel safe enough to reach out to me to ask for prayers when things are bad in their lives ~ Grateful that recovery has taught me not to judge, question, or blame ~ just to listen & pray for God's very best.

PINK HUGS!
Old 03-24-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

This may sound silly but I´m very grateful for having found this film on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU6LO_Z2Vig

It made me laugh when I was at a very low moment. It has nothing to do with alcoholism but senseless laughter makes me feel good!
Old 03-25-2016, 06:45 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

MsPink, I am so very sorry to hear that your daughters still struggle. I, however, am VERY grateful that they have you as their mother. How many of us here wouldn't love to be able to call supportive, empathetic, non-judgmental mothers?

I am very excited and grateful to have a fun weekend ahead. DS will be with STBXAH from tonight until tomorrow afternoon, and then he will come back to me for the rest of the weekend. My DDs arrived last night, and will be here on spring break until Wednesday night. This is my first major holiday with all three kids since we moved out back in September. We don't have anything special planned, but it will be nice to be all together.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I hope your weekend is perfect, wonderful and just generally extra special in all ways, Wisconsin!
Old 03-25-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

What a beautiful thing, MsPink, that made my heart warm! (and pink!! )

Today I'm just grateful folks, for everything & all of it. For where I've been, where I am & all that is yet to come.

I hope every one of you has a beautiful & relaxing weekend ahead of you!!!
Old 03-25-2016, 08:36 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

^ ditto-every word! Blessings to everyone.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Grateful for a nice talk with my dad tonight. He hasn't been involved with anything that's gone on other than to know how awful my ex has been, and others. He doesn't say much. But tonight he grabbed my hand and looked at me and said, "I'm just so very sorry and sad-I had such high hopes for him (ex) and y'all.". I said, me too, dad...me too.
Probably the most in depth conversation we have ever had. Short and sweet but damn was there a lot if meaning and powerful emotion there. Grateful to have had that. Grateful.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Dads can be men of few words, but as we get older, we learn to understand what they mean in between those few words...and like you, FoG, I'm grateful for that too.

Since I've started down my own recovery road, I've made a point of telling my dad some things I really wanted to make sure he knew, and I'm grateful I've had that chance.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Aww ...dads and their awesome few words. <3

Before I moved out from XABF, dad and I were sitting waiting for one of his doc appointments and he asked how I was doing. I said the same thing I had said for a while, the X just isn't it, and I just need to go. And dad said, I hope you find a man that is as good as you. I hope he invests in it like you do, and works on it like you do and gives like you. The ones you've picked so far are just not like you.

And that was that.

Also grateful for short but wise words from dad.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Today is one of the toughest days of the year for me--the anniversary of my mother's death. Between her birthday in early March, and this day, March has been a rough month for me for the past few years. I have found that grief does not diminish arithmetically or geometrically over time. It doesn't even diminish in any sort of linear way. It's a roller coaster of ups and downs and loop-the-loops. My mother was not an A, but she was cripplingly co-dependent. Her dysfunction manifested itself in many ways, the most obvious being her extreme morbid obesity which led to countless health problems and ultimately, the MRSA infection that took her life. There were many times when she was faced with the question "do I want to be happy, or do I want to be right," and her answer was I WANT TO BE RIGHT. Nevertheless, she was a wonderful mother who did the very best she could with my brother and me with the emotional tools that were available to her. It makes me sad that my DS has no memory of her, and that she is not here to see my DDs mature and take up her favorite hobby: sewing. It makes me sad that she passed away a year before I found my job--a job that I love and that makes me very happy professionally. She never understood why making a lot of money as a lawyer wasn't enough to make me happy, and I know that she struggled with being disappointed in me that I didn't "make it" as a lawyer. When she died, I had lost my last law firm job 9 months previously, was forced to relocate from Chicago to Milwaukee, and was working a pretty unfulfilling temp job at a mega bank while I looked for a permanent job. I finally told her that my AH had started drinking again a few months before she died, but she never knew the extent of the abuse or how bad things got, because it didn't start to nosedive for another year.

Usually I spend Tuesday evenings with my gentleman friend. However, my DDs are on Spring Break this week, and are with me until tomorrow evening. So today, I am grateful that I can spend this difficult day at my job that allows me to do things that I love, and then go home to spend time with my DDs. We are planning to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 tonight (gotta love $5 Tuesdays at the movie theater).
Old 03-29-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hugs on this tough day, Wisconsin. You have a lot of understanding and acceptance about your mom; that's great. And kudos to you for the work you're doing/have done to keep from going down that same path yourself!
Old 03-29-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I agree ^. Many hugs on this day and huge high fives for seeing things clearly and not going down the same dysfunctional path. Peace to you, W!
Old 03-29-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Many, many hugs today W! Enjoy that movie tonight, that sounds like such a perfect evening!!
Old 03-29-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

(((WISCONSIN)))

Thanks for the peek at that kinda gal your mom was. Thinking of you today. <3

I am grateful to finish up the rocket. Just need good weather to launch. Finally, a pic Honeypig!

Old 03-29-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Wow, look at that! It looks pretty big! Mighty cool--and I bet it's good fun when you launch them, too. Are they fairly easy to retrieve? I'm guessing there is some $$ tied up in them and you'd hate to lose one...

Thanks for the pic, firebolt.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Beautiful, firebolt!!!

Today I'm grateful that I got over my nerves & learned to Let Go & Enjoy riding RAH's motorcycle with him. We had an awesome ride to the beach for dinner last night while DD is staying overnight with friends during spring break.

This city girl didn't grow up with motorcycles/4 wheelers/dirt bikes/etc. & was pretty much conditioned to be afraid of them all around. Now, I love it, it's like another form of active meditation for me.

I'm working myself up to being able to handle longer distances so we can do short trips to Daytona/the Keys etc. We haven't had a vacation away without DD since she was born - almost 12 years ago. We are overdue, considering all that we've been through to get to here.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks Honeypig! They aren't too expensive, and they are fairly easy to retrieve - outside of a breezy day and a park full of tree tops for the parachute to hook in . You can get some with a camera built in and take footage even! I've bought kits on Amazon for less that 30$, engines are another 15 for a 3 pack. Cheap thrills!

FS - glad you love the motorcycle rides - they seriously turn a bad day to a good day for me the second I hit 2nd gear
Old 03-29-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I have another gratitude entry for today. I am so very grateful that my life today is a life that my daughters are happy to participate in. Originally scheduled to stay with me until tomorrow evening (half of Spring Break), they have asked if they can stay an extra day. They NEVER would have asked to do that when we were still living with STBXAH. In fact, they would not have wanted to even stay for half of Spring Break. I am so grateful to be in a place physically and emotionally that allows them to feel safe and enjoy themselves.

I'm also grateful that I have reached a point in my co-parenting relationship with their father (my XH, who is not an A) that allows us to communicate and be flexible and work together. We have come a LONG way from the immediate aftermath of the divorce, when he would only communicate with me via certified mail. I have to give credit where credit is due--he has done a lot of hard work on himself, and made peace with a lot of things that tortured him for a long time. He and I have both benefited from that, but of course, it's our daughters who have benefited the most.