Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 2

Old 04-03-2016, 07:48 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

OMG, Wisconsin!! Was alcohol involved w/the wrong-way driver?

My prayers go up and my little lamp is lit for all the survivors, and especially your neighbors w/their spinal injuries.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:14 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thank you, HP. Because the driver was killed, they have to wait for toxicology results to come back before they release information on whether he was intoxicated.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:36 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

W-prayers for your friends. I hate to say it but most of the time alcohol is involved with this sort of thing. And I hate to say this more but at least the driver was taken and not anyone else that was just an innocent party.
Hugs.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:37 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Grateful for doors-all of them. Open, closed, whatever
Old 04-04-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Wisconsin - prayers for your friends.

Grateful for a sore and sunburned body after another great weekend - and a clear head.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:40 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Grateful for enough time to have passed that I am starting to see changes in my behavior and feel changes in my thoughts/emotions as a result of what I'm learning on SR and at Alanon.

Yep, it's that old "time takes time" thing again!
Old 04-04-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Grateful that I managed a productive weekend despite a migraine, DD's appts & some minor laziness. I even got in some good practice at Doing Nothing, woohoo!

Not so happy for a slowly leaking back tire, but super grateful that a place down the street from work is squeezing me in before my commute home. I'd rather sit & wait for repairs than to take a chance on getting a flat in the middle of 5 o'clock traffic around here.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

So grateful to be able to park at the back of the lot & WALK on 2 HEALTHY legs. I can even choose to RUN. I am BEYOND grateful that I am finally in the best, healthiest shape of my life, at age 42 & counting.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

FireSprite, I hear you on this ^^! So many of my co-workers are in such bad shape--very overweight, smokers, and so on. I see this a LOT in those who drive for a living--the opportunity to drive around eating (crap) constantly to alleviate boredom as well as the necessity of sitting pretty much motionless for long periods of time is a bad combination. I feel glad to have both the knowledge and the motivation to do better for myself.

Just last night I was reading some old journal entries from a little over a year ago. I had a long entry about my eating habits, attitudes, etc. A lot has changed since then, in ways I couldn't have imagined back then. It does seem that by "being willing to be willing", a door really has opened for me, and I'm awfully grateful for that!
Old 04-06-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Today I am so very, very grateful that the spring election is OVER. Yes, it was our presidential primary, but it was also the general election for several local races. The uncertainty in several of the races was making work pretty stressful.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I hope things are more settled at work today, Wisconsin!

How are your friends doing after the car accident--stable and/or improving, I hope?
Old 04-06-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post

How are your friends doing after the car accident--stable and/or improving, I hope?
The wife had her surgery on Monday, and is improving. They anticipate releasing her Thursday or Friday. The husband was released on Sunday. Their youngest son (in his early 30s) flew out last weekend, and will be driving them back. After much consultation with the doctors, they were able to rent a huge Yukon with seats that recline fully flat. That should allow the wife to be as comfortable as possible. There are limited in how long they can drive every day, so even though they are about an 8 hour drive from home, it will take them 3 days to make the trip.

The husband posted photos of their car--I can't believe anyone survived the accident.

Thank you for asking!
Old 04-06-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Wow, the husband is out already, and the wife should be able to travel by the end of the week--pretty amazing! Glad they were able to find a more affordable way to get everyone back home again. If they would have had to use medical transport for the wife, I'm sure it would have been astoundingly expensive, and who knows if their insurance would have deemed it "necessary" and paid for it?
Old 04-06-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful for silly, cute images on the internet that make me smile and smile! I'd like to share this one, since it's a rainy day where I live:

Old 04-06-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

OMGosh honeypig that made me laugh SO hard!

You & I must be on the same wavelength today - I JUST printed this out & hung it in my office for today's amusement:

Glad to hear the update Wisconsin, I'll keep them in my prayers!
Old 04-06-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

FS, THAT^^^ is freaking HILARIOUS!!!

Think I might give it a try today...
Old 04-06-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Oh NO my friend. The hilarious part is me Dance-Prancing around the office like a Wild Woman. Things are too stressful here today, gotta change the energy!

(It will come as no surprise that most of the negative energy is coming from our A client taking a turn ~again~ and the influx of incoming calls/issues..... ugh, so not grateful for it, but happy that RAH & I were able to have a pretty grown-up convo about it all last night.)
Old 04-06-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I was stuck in traffic at work last night for 2 loooong periods on my way to the delivery point, so much so that I was 1-1/2 hours late getting there. Having weathered this, I thought "OK, it will be clear sailing now b/c there is NEVER trouble on the way back to my starting point."

Never say never.

I had just gotten on the tollway (hence limited access, not a plethora of exit opportunities) when I saw one of those helpful signs saying "incident 4 miles ahead, expect delays." And that is about the same time I start seeing tail lights...and the sign is NOT helpful b/c THERE IS NO EXIT AT ANY POINT BETWEEN WHERE I AM NOW AND WHERE THE "INCIDENT" IS!!! The first 2 miles each took 40-45 minutes to cover. Things picked up on the 3rd mile, only 30 minutes...and the last one flew right by in 15 minutes.

So yes, well over 2 hours to cover 4 miles. I was damn grateful that I had not yet started to consume the coffee that I had gotten at the office for the ride back, or things could have gotten truly grim when I had to pee on a crowded freeway w/no end in sight!

Had I been aware of this "interpretive dancing" thing, I certainly had ample opportunity to get out of my car and dance across all 3 lanes. Alas, I didn't know about it then...

And since I'm in the gratitude thread, I will express my intense gratitude that the semi who seemed to not realize that he was well over the line into MY lane did not in fact crush my car (I was up against the cement side wall, had nowhere to go, and this was really pretty terrifying).

So I'm glad of interpretive squirrels (or whatever he is) and pigs in red boots, and the fact that I'm here to enjoy their antics!
Old 04-06-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Ladies-y'all have me rolling this morning....seriously. I almost just spit my coffee out seeing that dancing squirrel. Thank you for the laughs! I am grateful for each of YOU today!!
Old 04-06-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I promise each of you that the looks you get from others when you interpretively dance in public are WORTH the momentary flash of embarrassment.

When you want to break up some tension, break out into off-beat, wild gyrating, dramatic dance moves. Don't forget the big arm movements either - if you're going to be crazy, go ALL the way.

I PROMISE you won't be sorry!

honey - I've been stuck in those situations & have learned to always, always have an empty bladder when getting on the road. It's unfortunately common around here.... but NOT the cement truck, holy smokes! Glad you were OK!!