# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of November 2014 Part 4

We continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 11-26-2014, 03:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi all, I hate to start the new thread on a down note, but I drank on Day 10. Not only did I enjoy it, but I didn't have any negative consequences (hangover) which is making my AV super excited. Ugh. I'm starting to realize that I've been unconsciously moderating, rather than truly embracing sobriety. I may have an opportunity to go to a meeting today and if so, I'm going. Stay strong, everyone (Erratic, you're my hero...almost a month on the books! Way to go!)
Old 11-26-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Hi josh if U can get to a meeting go for it. U had a slip doesn't mean u give up Hun x

Keep trying u did good for 10 just keep trying and one day u will think I'm sick of trying I'm going to do it. XXXX

Good luck for today
Old 11-26-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi Jo, your super excited AV is a more negative consequence than a hangover, time to put it in its place! Luckily there were no other negative consequences. Do you want to moderate or hard stop? Seems you need to make a clear decision here. Well, I guess you know what to do....redouble your efforts and start again only stronger. Good luck in your meeting.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you get to that meeting by hook or by crook Jo. Put the AV in its place

D
Old 11-26-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

He Jo - maybe a meeting will help you - how has the moderating worked for you in the past? I'm just curious as I simply can't do it - I abuse alcohol and in turn it abuses me - eugh. Good luck today xx
Old 11-26-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Agree with the above Josh. Do what you need to do.

Woke up refreshed this morning. Glad I didn't cave to my AV yesterday. Coffee tastes much better sober!

Glad to hear some folks are finally getting their sleep worked out. I know it can take a while for the body to remember how to sleep normally (and it probably has a lot to do with neurotransmitters regulating in the brain).

Well, I'll be the linear manning the office this afternoon, so glad I'll have my head on straight just in case something pops up. Good day all!
Old 11-26-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back Josh,

We were worried about you. Great you did not have any hangover. But from my experience, for weeks of no drinking, then a glass of wine when out at an expensive dinner (every other week) made me believe that I had learnt to moderate. But how wrong i was. Slowly it became 2 drinks at the resturant to one drink a day at home and eventually the old normal. Finally I made the decision to come here.

If you can moderate, great. I pray that you do not get your old normal. Be careful.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Jo I'm so glad you're posting again.

Tx you seem like you're in such a good space. So positive. I love it.

Erratic. Almost a month. Way to go.

Applekat thanks for yesterday.

Everyone else have an awesome day!!!!!
Old 11-26-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone,

Just 3 meetings this morning and then off for the rest of the week. I am very nervous about the 5 free days. I will have to indulge myself into some activity to manage my AV. I will stay close to not get distracted.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Josharon - Welcome back! What's the plan? Is this Day 1? I know this is going to be a tough week for a lot of people. I think if we have a plan, we can do it.

TX - well done on another sober morning. Ahhhh. What a relief, right?

Cristina - I'm sure I'll need to lean on this team a lot this week. I think you've said before....some days we do the supporting and other days we NEED the support.

Which leads me to....

This week, beginning today, is going to be so hard. It would be SO easy to just have hubby pick up a bottle of wine on his way home from work today, and he leaves a bit early, too. So actually maybe a couple bottles. Then, if I cave, I may as well 'take the next 5 days off'. BLAH! So a lot of staying sober for this holiday week depends on tonight.

My hubby works really really hard and on weekend/holiday nights he does enjoy a couple beers or couple glasses. But....he can stop. He switches to water. And so can I, sometimes, but we know where that path eventually leads.

I'm babbling, sorry, but trying to come up with a strategy for about 3/4 PM on.

Today is day 10.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey guys, for those who know me I'm checking in on day four here now. I feel pretty good, and still positive. I know that I have to make it work this time, it's pretty much at the end of the road for me if I don't. Anyway, feeling positive, and plan to start back at the gym, possibly tonight. I think that will make me feel even better, it usually does.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great job on day 4 judas
Old 11-26-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Applekat - good luck for this avo - I don't know what to suggest but I'm rooting for you! You can do this! My hubs likes his whiskey and red wine but for my sake is staying off the red wine. Whiskey doesn't interest me so I sit with my replacement drink and chill with him. He can also have one and leave it - one wakes up the monster inside of me that just wants more,more,more

I'm dreading next week as my hubs is away mon-fri and this is normally when is really get stuck in for a night or two. For now I'll just focus on today but Monday sure is looming!

Keep going peeps! I'm off to the shops for grocerys now as I'm bored - just trying to keep busy xx
Old 11-26-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Applekat, stay strong. After turkey day it will be Xmas and then new year, temptations are many.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi all, I understand what gypsy tears is going through with the insomnia, didn't sleep well last night, but got up and worked out so feeling better. Josh,,I'm sorry to hear about the stumble on Day#10, try to get to that meeting tonight it would make a difference, the AV is trying to lull you into a false sense of normalcy only to pounce on you when least expect. UBN is right the biggest negative consequence is physically no consequence. I guess I was "lucky" with my fail on Sunday in that the physical hurt was bad, I don't want to go there again.
Erratic you are my hero, no pressure , but the entire month of Nov, that is like when you are in grade school and you get the perfect attendance award
Judas great job on Day #4 - I'm only one behind you
Applekat you are right this will be a tough week, today is my Wife's b-day, we are hosting Thanksgiving, etc but as I said in another post my new strategy is not to just "get through" these holidays but to embrace them and try to experience all the fun...sober. It will be a brand new experience and I'm looking forward to it, at least that is my morning voice, ask me tonight and it may be different....
Good luck everyone, sorry to ramble a bit, I'm hyped up on coffee, just got to the office
Old 11-26-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by he19me View Post
Applekat, stay strong. After turkey day it will be Xmas and then new year, temptations are many.
Stay strong everyone, unfortunately it will be New Years Eve before we know it and I'm determined not to regret this holiday season and stumble into 2015, I want to charge in the New Year!
Old 11-26-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I really appreciate the support. I haven't been trying to moderate consciously, because intellectually I KNOW I can't...but when I look at my November calendar and see 8 "red" days (drinking) and 17 "green" days (sober), I realize that I see progress in the fact that I don't have as many red days as last month, and I had even more red days the month before that. It's all just noise to distract me from the fact that I shouldn't have red days at all.

And btw, it's Jo Sharon...not my real name but I have 2 neighbors who are addicted to exercise, not alcohol, and that was my original transference plan. However, I think one or both may actually be a little crazy, so I've moved on from that idea.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Lol mag thanks xxx. no pressure eh? Lol I will see what I can do about getting a good attendance reward from dee maybe

Keep posting everyone we are all in this together xx. U all have a good day and remember those who are thinking about next week or tomorrow is keep it in the day it's harder if our AV gets ahead start on us xx

Huggles all xx
Old 11-26-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Morning of Day 13 for me. AV has not reared its ugly head for a while. Slept in, feel calm and happy listening to the rain. Will start cooking tonight for Thanksgiving dinner, so less to do tomorrow. Otherwise, quiet day at home.

I am so glad we are doing this before the holidays rather than after the New Year. Psychologically, I like the idea of starting 2015 with some sober time in hand.